• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using the beam sword. Good or bad?

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
Well i've pulled out a few beam swords here and there, and i was just wodnering, is it smarter to use the sword as an actual item, or just throw it at your opponent? I usually just throw it at my opponent, but i just wanted to know if it was smarter to actually use the added range, or just throw it at um.

edub

Smash Apprentice
personally, i don't really like using it much because it messes up with some of the moves you can do. it makes it harder for me to do aerials (especially if you use c-stick for some of your air moves). it makes for a good projectile damage wise. one of the few reasons I would keep it would be for edge guarding... it makes you kind of like marth with the forward smash :D

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
use it sparingly, I'd say. It kinda lets you be Marth for a minute. the beam sword is longer than people think.

Me14k

Smash Lord
Complety matters who you are playing.

Marth..throw it. He wont pick it up cause it hurts his fsmash. Just make sure it hits so he cant throw it.

shiek- i throw of edge..peach needs dsmash here and sheik owns with sword.

Fox/falco I tend to throw it at them, it is gimpy. plus losing dsmash is crucial in this match. Plus fox and falco arent that great with sword.

^ just some more common characters that ive noticed beam sword useage with.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I would use it on some to most of your opponents. It really replaces your Fsmash and makes it 100% more reliable because of the range and knockback. But, like Me14k said, throw it against Marth. I would probably use it on shiek, but I'm uncertain.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
If you rely on dsmash a lot, throw it. Which is just about everybody ^_^

I suppose someone could shield/catch the beam sword and use it to block your veggies...

Top Bottom