• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using the bair forwards?

mrmacdude

Smash Rookie
I do this sometimes. Hit them with your face, from a short hop usually. Anyone think this works well?

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
its a good thing. I usually use it to edge guard as well, or to get good horizontal recov, or to approach enemy from a certain distance, and to finish off a WoP once in a while

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
The little forward thrust you get can catch your opponent off-guard once or twice, but I don't recommend overusing this; the range isn't too good.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^.^ thinking out-side the box is good.

It can be useful >_> specially blocking edge-guarders XD

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
yea and if u know some1 is gonna try to roll around u approach them with it. That way it wont leave them anywhere to move so u can hit them from ur front or back. Its also good if ur in btween ICs that are separated - can help u keep them that way.

its a good way to cover distance and hit some1 at the same time when they are comin back.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
Generally speaking, if you do it to your opponent when you are above them [especially if they are recovering] it greatly limits the options which the have to UpB.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I have so much fun with this I just end up spamming it for fun, even as a taunt I'll just B-air, turn, B-air, turn, B-air. Haha. Adds more to R.O.B.'s secret taunts, like his jump-for-joy taunt.
Anyway, try this combo out: Dash Attack > F-air > B-air (headbutt) > Jab > Grab > toss 'em off the side for an edgeguard.
They can defend between the F-air and B-air, I think, but if you catch them with it, it's loads of fun.

Top Bottom