• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using teleport to bewilder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ancient_Shadow

Smash Cadet
The barren desert of St. George, Utah-land of foot
I have been practicing with Mewtwo in anticipation for my first tournament. After watching some of the more popular vids, I noticed that other Mewtwo players rarely use the teleport in relation to my use of it. It is one of my main forms of movement. I use teleport in conjunction with wavedashing, rolls and airdodges in order to run circles about my opponent and create havoc within his mind. Players struggle with my constantly shifting movement-forcing their brains to continually readjust my patterns- I hardly stay in one place for long. It has allowed me to win battles I didn't believe I could win.

I was wondering if other players use similar tactics and I simply haven't seen vids of them play? Despite my inexperience I think that teleporting heavily for frustration and mindgaming purposes deserves some merit.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Try that on someone that's fast enough to punish your lag, like shiek, fox, and marth. It won't go so well. And yes, good mew2 players do that also. Watch this video to see the most amazing mew2 on earth. http://youtube.com/watch?v=u89hqpmQwqE Although Taj kills omar in this, watch to see how much the lag from his up B gets punished. I also suggest not to use mew2 in a tournament.

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
ya, teleport is a super slow move. If the camera didn't move and give away your postion it wouldn't be so bad, however this is not the truth. idk it's only good for recovery. Or geting out of combos. Don't over use the Tele because soon your opponent will catch on.

quak

Smash Champion
it's good for an approach like once every two games, because it's easily punishable, but it's still good for mindgames.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Teleport is indeed useful in many scenarios, but if you become predictable with it, you will be in for some punishment. It can be used very well, but definitely be careful not to over do it.

Also, do not tell someone not to play a character they wish to play in a tourney. If the OP wants to play as Mewtwo in a tourney, then let him. He is probably more than aware of Mewtwo's strengths and weaknesses.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Dguy, read my post. I "SUGGESTED" not to use mew2 in a tournament. I'm pretty sure that's an extremely legit suggestion too. He said it's his first tourney, and he's going to get completely and utterly destroyed. If he uses mew2, it will only be 10X worse. I want him to continue to play smash, not get his hopes and dreams crushed because he used a terrible character at his first tourney. And, you said he is probably more than aware of mew2's strengths and weaknesses. Obviously he is not aware of mew2's weaknesses if he's saying that he uses the teleport constantly in battle. Your advice to him was to not become predictable with the teleport, and any good player is going to predict his teleports, especially if he uses them as much as he says. I have some advice for u tho: Know what your talking about before posting.

Bleau_Two

Smash Rookie
This is Ancient_Shadow. I trashed that account and am now going under Bleau_two.
I attended my first tourney and continued to use teleport. I layed off it a bit from my previous style but I still used it probably every 1 in 5-10 moves. I went up against opponents who I surely would have lost against if I had used any other character. I did much better than expected despite it being my first tourney and I am inexperienced against higher play. If not for the teleport's ability to quickly dodge attacks, I would have been dog meat.

I hope that didn't come off arrogant or superior because neither of those comes close to catagorizing me. I just believe that it warrants some merit because it helped me ALOT!

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
That is FANTASTIC. I'm very happy you found the results you were looking for. Congratulations on performing to your expectations in your first tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom