• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Peach moves properly?

_Keno_

Smash Lord
There are a few moves of Peach that I rarely use, and would love to learn how to properly use. I sometimes see one of the following used once in a match, but thats about it.
Vids or comments please =D

1. Umbrella - When is it best used compared to jumping and nairing/u-airing? (other than recovery -_-)

2. DJC - Can it be used *usefully* to smash out of shields? When else is it preferred over instant float?

3. U-air - Every time I have a chance to u-air, i just nair instead, why use the u-air?

4. F-tilt - Sometimes I accidentally use it and it turns into a combo...but when do you know to properly use it?

Something that I can't used properly.

5. Jab - I use this all the time, but I apparently suck at it because I can never slap then grab or downsmash without getting grabbed, shined, or evaded. Help?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Umbrella can be used OOS as a tool for stopping pillars sometimes.

DJC OOS to d-smash is really difficult and usually N-air OOS is often as good or better. You can however run off or fall through platforms and DJC a b-air or n-air sometimes.

U-air can be used as a combo starter the problem with it is that its difficult to hit and F-air is superior in almost every way. So... I wouldn't recommend using it often. Sometimes you can use it when you up-throw and they DI bad or something. But otherwise its situational to use it.

F-tilt actually I believe send the opponent directly above you if they DI incorrectly. However its a terrible move T_T, if they DI it correctly its does nothing and it laggy. In terms of combo set up, I would probably use dash attack or if I can a up-air instead.

Jabs you can use to pressure someone occasionally if you n-air their shield or something. You can also use it to jab reset characters if they miss a tech. Peach's jab isn't all that great really, and I really don't know what else I would do with it *shrugs*.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
First of all you're name is ****ing awesome.
About the jab, you're most likely getting CCC'd, which is why jabs aren't all that good imo (theyre easily ccc'd...)
And uair, well, it will quite often lead to atleast 1 more arial since it sends them up...
on the other hand, you could bait someone into CCing and dsmash... :O

t3h stock slayer

Smash Apprentice
lol. out of curiousity.
do you know naixin?
>_>

and theres no need for me to say anything since they covered pretty much everything.

but yeah. i saw your location, and you play smash.
so i'm assuming you know him?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
1. Umbrella - When is it best used compared to jumping and nairing/u-airing? (other than recovery -_-)

2. DJC - Can it be used *usefully* to smash out of shields? When else is it preferred over instant float?

3. U-air - Every time I have a chance to u-air, i just nair instead, why use the u-air?

4. F-tilt - Sometimes I accidentally use it and it turns into a combo...but when do you know to properly use it?

Something that I can't used properly.

5. Jab - I use this all the time, but I apparently suck at it because I can never slap then grab or downsmash without getting grabbed, shined, or evaded. Help?

1. Previously posted, OOS pillars and recovering. Anything else is just trying to be flashy.

2. DJC OOS nair/bair is the best option. If your good at it you could probably get a dsmash or grab on really laggy attacks though.

3. The one thing I have found upair good for is against Marth and throws. If you play a Marth that likes to double jump out of throws you can throw fulljump float wait for the dbj and upair them. Other than the occasional vertical KO with it it's pretty useless.

4. Ftilt is usually a mistake, it should stay that way.

5. you need to space your jabs. Peach has ok range on them. Learn to vary between 1 or 2 jabs and that's when you can get those grabs or dsmashes in. Do two for a while and roll/spotdodge the grab attempt, then around midway to near the end of the match change to 1 jab and grab/dsmash. Then vary it up accordingly. If your not spaced on your Float cancel either do a jab to roll/spotdodge or just roll/spotdodge. Make sure your not predictable rolling either.

t3h stock slayer

Smash Apprentice
i use ftilt to edgegaurd spacies and luigi, and anyone with a predictable recovery that i can time.

ftilt a phantasm then nair, it work. just needs some timing.

i actually take back the luigi part though, theres far better options, i guess that goes for spacies too (but it does work)

but it was pretty funny when i ftilted a friends misfire >_>

so disregard this post. ftilt has a few uses. just theres ALWAYS a better option.

(but it probably looks cooler to ftilt them :3)

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I suppose I should just let the f-tilts be accidents then, eh? Well, I guessed as much.
I shouldn't fc to slap then lol. I assumed that i just had bad timing, I'll just revert back to d-smash or grabs. And yeah, Thunder's combo is always nice ;)

5. you need to space your jabs. Peach has ok range on them. Learn to vary between 1 or 2 jabs and that's when you can get those grabs or dsmashes in. Do two for a while and roll/spotdodge the grab attempt, then around midway to near the end of the match change to 1 jab and grab/dsmash. Then vary it up accordingly. If your not spaced on your Float cancel either do a jab to roll/spotdodge or just roll/spotdodge. Make sure your not predictable rolling either.
Good idea with the varying jab # to confused the opponent. =D

Yes stock slayer, Naixin Zhang is my neighbor :p we play all the time.

Thanks Mike =D some people are like "so, why are you cheap?" Its very sad. :laugh:

For pillaring I usually just light shield, but if I'm stuck I suppose I can try to space the Umbrella properly.

Ðesh•

Smash Cadet
lolololololol
so that you in his "peach is gay" vid? rofl sorry stock slayer was a troll account i dont bother logging off of, but when i went to log onto my actual account (desh) it was banned for sillyness.
anyways tell him hes a nub. nvm i'll tell him.

Onmitsu

Smash Apprentice
Albany/Leesburg area (yes, they're so small it's j
There's a really cheap way to use Peach. Some of us in Albany call it pulling a Gio. First, you have to spam the mess out of the turnips. Then, you just do dash attacks and still continue the spams. If anyone gets close enough, just twirl yourself about for the win.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
There's a really cheap way to use Peach. Some of us in Albany call it pulling a Gio. First, you have to spam the mess out of the turnips. Then, you just do dash attacks and still continue the spams. If anyone gets close enough, just twirl yourself about for the win.
....... >_>....

Really?

I don't wanna like say its awful... but thats not a very good strategy........ >_____>

yetismash

Smash Rookie
Dudes, ftilt is sweet, uair is good in the right scenarios (i.e. opponent is coming back from upper sides off stage) since it's faster than the fair, unbrella should never be used.... and jab often and dash grab -- then throw down dash grab and down again or forward throw.

Tasty.

I was just playing C. falc a bit, and now I'm hyper. It also made my peach air game pretty nasty.

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
imo, her only good djc is her bair. You can attack at weird angles...but its nothing special. FC is better tho.

Her uair is decent, easier to connect if you use it after dair connects. Only dair to uair is useful againts Samus, Peach, and Jiggz cuz they live long if your opponent knows how to DI (and most of peach's moves send opponents horizontally). If its not one of these matchups, nairing is better.

Umbrella, you can suicide KO fast fallers with it off the stage. Up and down, repeat.

Ðesh•

Smash Cadet
ohh hai pink guy
i watched vids of you vs lunin,
you have a pretty peach =o

meaning i enjoy watching it.
no homo.

Ðesh•

Smash Cadet
XD
i never came to peach forums either until i picked up peach 2 months ago =/
idk why i dropped doc...hes so cute n cuddly =[