• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Judgement

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Anyone have any tips on actually landing judegment? I've kind of started maining Gdub but I can't find a way to incorporate judgement at all, I really want to though because there's nothing more hype than a 9 kill, anyone got any tips?

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
There's a great guaranteed hit after dthrow. It's guranteed until about 65%, which is when they fly too high. Except on heavies like Bowser, where it's like 78%. Hope this helps!

Also, definitely use hammers for ledgeguarding. Throws off the opponent like nobody's business. And, any hammer except a 1 or a 3 is favorable in that situation. And an 8 offstage? Hoo boy gotta love those frozen gimps.

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
Judgement is like a quick smash attack in the air at times.
Have a look at this- http://youtu.be/p8Br1GoYprE?t=15s at 15 seconds.
it seems the electric one sent him into a bit of a hit stun (also note, that side B was the best move to do) and then the up B stage spikes him.

Last edited:

EarthBoundEnigma

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EarthBoundEnigma
I use judgement to scare people out of rolling too much. You predict a roll, get behind them, and pass judgement.

It is also good for punishing people who get smash happy. Hilariously, if you freeze them with judgement, you can actually land a second judgement every time with some practice.

TheArabSamurai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheArabSamurai
3DS FC
5172-1967-5562
Down throw into side B at early percents is a guarnteed hit, and is a great way to get a huge percent lead/stock lead when landing the 9, even when you don't get it, the rest of the numbers other than 1 are still good attacks on their own.

Reflectiion

Smash Rookie
Short-hop into judgement seems to work pretty once you get the hang of it. I'm no pro though.

On a side note, 9-kills are the most hype kills in the game and are the main reason I started maining G&W in local games.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Is there any actual downside to the multi-Judge over the normal one?

The 1 doesn't have recoil damage, the 9 still kills at really low percents, and it has a higher average damage overall.

Last edited:

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
Yeah the multi-hitting one is so good for damage. The only thing is: can the opponent Smash DI out of the hits, or are they all pretty much confirmed?

K-45

Smash Journeyman
I like using judgment as I'm about to land thinking I'm going to do a Fair.most of the time the knock back will get them out of grab range so they can't punish you and if it's a 5 the almost always let go of their shields before all the hits end.just don't do it to often.

Judgment is just a bad move in this game. Most of the time when I hit them it's not really worth the risk since G&W is so light.

Its really fun to get 9s in free for alls

Top Bottom