• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using ICs on Rainbow Cruise

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Since I main ICs, I'm expecting to have Rainbow cruise counterpicked against me a lot, but I also happen to play better with ICs there than any of my other characters, which is a pretty bad thing if you ask me. I know there are a couple chain grab spots, but that's not good enough. I mostly have been sticking to using Uairs to people when they get on the platforms, but there are certain areas of the stage I have trouble with. The right hand part of the stage, where you go after the ship falls, is my biggest problem area. From there all the way up. This is normally where I take the most dammage, so can someone give me tips here? Blizzards are pretty much useless around here too :/

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Ban it.

Seriously that is your best bet. Rainbow Cruise is pretty awful for the ICs except for the main ship part, so I would commit it to your ban list

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Camping under platforms with Uairs actually works extremely well. The most difficult part of the stage imo is at the top with the swinging platform and you should just try to avoid combat as much as possible there.

I always just switch to G&W when someone picks Rainbow Cruise against me. His Nair is great for camping under the platforms and it's really hard to gimp him there. His smashes kill extremely quickly there as well.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
If you can you should ban it.

If you don't, then u-airs through the platforms work wonders. up-b is a great killer as well. I also tend to use a lot of n-airs too. And I try to save Nana if I can, because going solo kinda sucks on that level.

Usually I use Game and Watch or Pit on that stage since their almost as good as my Ice Climbers.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Hurray, I'm not the only one..... I always thought I just sucked on that level. Glad to know it's also an IC thing.....

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
If you get the opponent into an ice block lock on the wall of the ship, its a free KO since they will die once the ship falls... just make sure you jump back to the rest of the stage in time.

Top Bottom