• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

using GLideN64 with the Official Project64k

Uair

Banned via Warnings
As some of you know, GLideN64 (https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64) is a new GFX Plugin being developed which brings near perfect emulation of many games including Smash64. It's a bit demanding on the system but as long as you aren't running a toaster you should be fine. You can get a compiled .dll copy of it at EmuCR just extract the GLideN64.dll, .ini, and .custom.ini to your Plugin folder in PJ64 and select GLideN64.rev as your graphics plugin.

Pictures of Project64k running GLideN64 with my settings.​

My settings for Smash Bros 64

Also I recommend using this plugin with the OFFICIAL Project64k rebuilds provided by Emulation64.com(www.pj64k.blogspot.com) as it was properly decompiled then recompiled with mods to allow users to choose their Plugins freely without crashes or errors. To demonstrate what I mean,
Project64k folder was downloaded from the Pj64k blogspot, and the PJ64kve (vista edition) was downloaded from smashboards as provided in the Smash64 index. This isn't to include the other minor modifications supported by the blogspot such as being able to Fullscreen and exit fullscreen while playing over Kaillera which is a big one for me.

GLideN64 should in all regards improve stability with emulation. Perhaps someone should try seeing if the Random stage will sync over kaillera with both players using the latest GLideN64.

Madao

Is there any reason to use this over Glide64Final?

Project64k folder was downloaded from the Pj64k blogspot, and the PJ64kve (vista edition) was downloaded from smashboards as provided in the Smash64 index. This isn't to include the other minor modifications supported by the blogspot such as being able to Fullscreen and exit fullscreen while playing over Kaillera which is a big one for me.

GLideN64 should in all regards improve stability with emulation. Perhaps someone should try seeing if the Random stage will sync over kaillera with both players using the latest GLideN64.
Project64 2.2 is much better, why not use the pj64 2.2 kailera build?

GLideN64 will not fix the desync issue. You will need to hack the emulator to reliably "fix" the desync issue.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Is there any reason to use this over Glide64Final?

Project64 2.2 is much better, why not use the pj64 2.2 kailera build?

GLideN64 will not fix the desync issue. You will need to hack the emulator to reliably "fix" the desync issue.
You haven't actually used the new Project64k 2.2 build nor do you regularly use Project64k so you would not have any clue as to why we do not use the Pj64 2.2 build. Also do not put words in my mouth I never said GLideN64 will fix anything I suggested it will improve the stability of netplay resulting in less desync which is purely due to the fact of how optimal the plugin is. And there is no "desync issues", there is a known reason for desync, and GLideN64 can prevent that to a degree because it's a more optimal start to sync plugins over kaillera as the emulator originally was intended to do with the Jabo plugin.

To set the record straight, Project64 2.2 build is inferior to Project64k 0.13 build specifically, there are numerous reasons for this and it's simpler to let you figure it out on your own as it's all blatantly obvious. Mupen64++ is still the superior Kaillera emulator for the time being.

And you really don't know anything about Nintendo64 emulation do you? GLideN64 was on kickstarter a year or so ago and it gets funded every so often for the developer to put in work for so many months. The plugin is basically paid for by the community as someone has made it their job to develop this plugin. For more specifics GLideN64 emulates proper Star man / Hammer color pallet which was the last thing the final version of Glide64 was missing to have smash64 emulated nearly accurate. Also GLideN64 has exactly what the point of my thread was for, more graphical options for n64 emulation such as bloom and hardware lighting.

Madao

You haven't actually used the new Project64k 2.2 build nor do you regularly use Project64k so you would not have any clue as to why we do not use the Pj64 2.2 build.
I will acknowledge that I have not tested 2.2k but I genuinely asked why not use it. Of course I do not use Project64 1.4k, I use better emulators for netplay. I don't need to use gameshark codes on the fly, so I really have no use for pj64 1.4k.

Also do not put words in my mouth I never said GLideN64 will fix anything I suggested it will improve the stability of netplay resulting in less desync which is purely due to the fact of how optimal the plugin is.
I merely stated that it will not fix the desync issue, in response to you saying "Perhaps someone should try seeing if the Random stage will sync over kaillera with both players using the latest GLideN64."

And there is no "desync issues", there is a known reason for desync, and GLideN64 can prevent that to a degree because it's a more optimal start to sync plugins over kaillera as the emulator originally was intended to do with the Jabo plugin.
Multiple things can cause desync.

And you really don't know anything about Nintendo64 emulation do you? GLideN64 was on kickstarter a year or so ago and it gets funded every so often for the developer to put in work for so many months. The plugin is basically paid for by the community as someone has made it their job to develop this plugin. For more specifics GLideN64 emulates proper Star man / Hammer color pallet which was the last thing the final version of Glide64 was missing to have smash64 emulated nearly accurate. Also GLideN64 has exactly what the point of my thread was for, more graphical options for n64 emulation such as bloom and hardware lighting.
You don't know who I am or what projects I am involved with, so I suggest you don't make such assumptions. I'll have you know that the main reason I asked is because I cannot test GLideN64 myself. It does not work on my machine. I had a friend test for me recently and it still has some of the same issues Glide64Final had, such as the Dream Land stage bug.

I merely wanted to know what is better about this one over Glide64Final for Super Smash Bros.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Maybe you should try looking at the github instead of asking me, there are countless non-visible things that are better than Glide64 finale, there is new better algorithms to go about things. GLideN64 is a master piece, the question of if it's better than the source it was built off of is like asking if Mupen64Plus is any better emulation wise than mupen64++. I have no idea what dream land stage bug you are talking about but GLideN64 runs SSB64 as accurately as VC.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Anyone have any experience with the emulator crashing when trying to run this plugin? It's probably because I'm running on a potato, but figured I would ask in case this is a common problem and had a solution.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Anyone have any experience with the emulator crashing when trying to run this plugin? It's probably because I'm running on a potato, but figured I would ask in case this is a common problem and had a solution.
Depends does it actually run for you fine 60fps? What kind of crashes do you get? Hopefully not display driver crashes lol.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Depends does it actually run for you fine 60fps? What kind of crashes do you get? Hopefully not display driver crashes lol.
As soon as I try to boot a rom with the graphics plugin that I received from EmuCR selected (glideN64 rev), the emulator just gives the normal crash message with the option to send an error report. It's done this with 3 different versions of Project64 that I've tried. No display driver crashes or anything. I can't tell you if I get 60fps since it doesn't boot, but I don't have problems with getting 60fps with any other plugin that works, and I'm capable of running Dolphin (not on any premium settings though).

By the way, the Projec64k from blogspot that you are talking about, will fullscreen on netplay work without desync on any graphics plugin or does it require this new one and that emulator both?

Uair

Banned via Warnings
As soon as I try to boot a rom with the graphics plugin that I received from EmuCR selected (glideN64 rev), the emulator just gives the normal crash message with the option to send an error report. It's done this with 3 different versions of Project64 that I've tried. No display driver crashes or anything. I can't tell you if I get 60fps since it doesn't boot, but I don't have problems with getting 60fps with any other plugin that works, and I'm capable of running Dolphin (not on any premium settings though).

By the way, the Projec64k from blogspot that you are talking about, will fullscreen on netplay work without desync on any graphics plugin or does it require this new one and that emulator both?
Not sure but the server trash plays in fullscreen and unfullscreens like it was never an issue lol.

Also you need openGL 4.0 or higher, only filthy pleb GPUs dont support openGL.

Mine is, OpenGL 4.5 (AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series with 310 ext.)

Madao

I believe 2.2 is still broken on Windows 10.
The official release has the issue, but not latest source. So all that needs to be done are some minor edits to 2.2k in order to fix the few problems mentioned about 2.2k.

Top Bottom