• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Din's Fire Competively

Moneyman228

Smash Cadet
The topic basically sums up what I want to discuss in this board.

I don't know if Din's fire has been explored very much, or at all. The only person who seems to use it alot is Darkmusician(See her Zelda combo vid and part-way through she shows like 3 or 4 Din combos). So I've created this topic to talk about using Din's fire Competively.

Do you know any ways to use it? Have any ideas? Seen a video with it? Then please post!

So far I've been playing with Din's against level 9 computers(No good human ssbm players were I live). I find it only gets really useful around 80% or so, thats when the knock-back from Din's becomes strong enough to use in a combo.

I will post my findings as I research into this mysterious move.

S2

Smash Lord
Let me start off by saying that Din's fire is not the greatest move on the planet.

It is usable, but its pretty situational and takes a bit of practice. Meaning, probably not worth your time unless your really dedicated to playing as Zelda.

It can be used as a chase technique for one. If you hit your opponent pretty far, but they are still on the stage (or off, but your too far to edgeguard) you can "chase" the opponent by running and then using it in the air.

If you want some video examples, check out the video thread for Zelda and watch Captain Jack play (specifically the match where he fights the Marth player). Maybe that'll give you some ideas.

Theoretically it can be used to set up an opponent for another hit, but a lot of factors limit it here. The lag at the end of the move (you're already open during), the way an opponent can DI, and the fact that its super situational.

Personally, if your learning Zelda your time is better spent getting good at spacing and realizing in which situations you can land a B/F air.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
The topic basically sums up what I want to discuss in this board.

I don't know if Din's fire has been explored very much, or at all. The only person who seems to use it alot is Darkmusician(See her Zelda combo vid and part-way through she shows like 3 or 4 Din combos). So I've created this topic to talk about using Din's fire Competively.

Do you know any ways to use it? Have any ideas? Seen a video with it? Then please post!

So far I've been playing with Din's against level 9 computers(No good human ssbm players were I live). I find it only gets really useful around 80% or so, thats when the knock-back from Din's becomes strong enough to use in a combo.

I will post my findings as I research into this mysterious move.
My latest combo video will show some examples. It's fun to use.

S2

Smash Lord
^
Oh yeah its fun to use.

I hope TC doesn't interpret my first post wrong. I'm just saying that its not the best move to learn when your first starting out. Its better to learn your Zelda basics and then incorporate things like Din's fire once you've started mastering your spacing and other attacks (B/F-air, Down smash, forward smash, etc).

Today I had a great round where I was fighting a Falcon, as he was recovering I chased with a jumping dins fire which exploded right on the edge. It barely kept him from sweetspotting and I followed up with a F-smash as I landed. Basically the small knock of Din's hit him into the very tip of my F-smash. Didn't send him far, but just far enough where he couldn't recover.

Din's is a very fun move. But its situational. If you don't use it correctly you're left open.

TheLake

Smash Master
That or aim a dins fire at the sweet spot of the ledge when a luigi over b's into and get the sweetest most impracticle spike in the history of smash.

Dins fire for brawl

Darkmusician

Smash Master
That or aim a dins fire at the sweet spot of the ledge when a luigi over b's into and get the sweetest most impracticle spike in the history of smash.

Dins fire for brawl
Din's Spike for Brawl....and Zelda....and Lucario. Cause he's cute. ^_O>

S2

Smash Lord
Wow I never thought of screwing Luigi like that with Din's Fire.

That is beyond awesome.

BTW Lucario rules. The fact that he's in Brawl bring poketears to my eyes.

Impp

Smash Ace
Yeah, DMusician, props on beating Luigi Ka Master, that was a cool set to watch,

Luigi Ka Master is still my hero, though

And Din fire, yeah, I use it...
It's cool
I think it's best to use when they're far away and on the aproach, and kind of lead it ahead of them, They'll either stop, or keep on aproaching and get hit.
After a Fox player gets hit by this move once... As soon as they see you use it, they'll drop back and shoot lasers, and you can sometimes mind game them, and aim it right at them and hit them...
In all I think it has its uses, and can step up your Zelda game, but it's not at the core of any Zelda play style I've seen. I've actually been using it alot more as I've gotten better, though... I recomend experimenting in friendlies w/ it.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Yeah, DMusician, props on beating Luigi Ka Master, that was a cool set to watch,

Luigi Ka Master is still my hero, though

And Din fire, yeah, I use it...
It's cool
I think it's best to use when they're far away and on the aproach, and kind of lead it ahead of them, They'll either stop, or keep on aproaching and get hit.
After a Fox player gets hit by this move once... As soon as they see you use it, they'll drop back and shoot lasers, and you can sometimes mind game them, and aim it right at them and hit them...
In all I think it has its uses, and can step up your Zelda game, but it's not at the core of any Zelda play style I've seen. I've actually been using it alot more as I've gotten better, though... I recomend experimenting in friendlies w/ it.
Thanks alot Oh and I definitely agree with you. Ammon's Luigi is just so amazing. His moves are jaw dropping. In fact when I watched him play my mouth was open in awe the whole time. One of a kind Luigi Genius for sure!

I uploaded at set with Eggz and in round 5 I used Din's Fire quite a bit.

Btw Impp I love ur Avatar. Looks like Kirby has Mickey Mouse ears. ^_O>

Top Bottom