• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using & Defining the term "Cheap"

Do you think it's possible to be "Cheap", and if so what is considered as such?

• Total voters

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I just got done playing a hardcore camping Kirby. Really hard to play aggressive. Instead of complaing about how "cheap camping Kirbys are spamming their Up Bs and Nairs", I changed my approach, experimented different ways of playing, and after losing 5 times, I started winning.
That's how I learned how to get over PK Fire spam. That's how I learned how to get over camping/spamming Mega Mans. You work at it. You don't see it as cheap. You see it as a legitimate strategy that you need to get over.

Because writing something off as cheap and you've already brought down the chances of ever beating it.
Great post.
I'm talking about real life tournaments, not little online tourneys.
Can you please get the **** out with the online play shaming? This is seriously something the moderation should punish.

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman

Wow. Look at how OP PK Fire and roll spamming. Literally all he did and I can't see how I could possibly ever win that match.

Last edited:

GooberGaming

Smash Apprentice
Personally I think calling a playstyle "Cheap" is something you say when you salty or angry after losing a match.

What separates experienced players from non-experienced players is there ability to adapt. SOOO.... If a Samus player chooses to sit on the ledge and spam missiles because its a strategy that works then by all means keep doing it! If you have a good ability to adapt then that strategy won't work and the Samus player will have to change there play style to combat yours.

Last edited:

Doctor_Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Plat002
3DS FC
0259-0882-5580
Footstools are cheap, because most footstools are completely accidental and they can also create infinites.

Top Bottom