• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uses for Wolf's Up air

§witch

Smash Lord
All over the Wolf board, all I see is people hating on uair. It's actually a good move.(situational, But as is dair, a good move if you know how to use it) Here are some facts about uair:
1. Does 11%(more than fair, by 1%)
2. Comes off really fast. No lag before or after.
3. Can kill at 130-150.(from up in the air)
4. Good for juggling.(not easy to do, takes practise)
5. If the opponent is above you, not in good good position for bair, use uair. Land jump up and bair.

I'll have some videos up later showing what I mean. Comments or questions? I'll be glad to answer any.:chuckle:

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Uair is a good move for juggling, no one is going to try and get a KO with a Uair. Treating Uair likes its better than any other move is just silly. If it was like that, We'd have threads like this but being replaced by wolfs down tilt, or his over tilt.

§witch

Smash Lord
I didn't say it was better than any other move. What I'm saying is that people say it has no use which is incorrect. I didn't mean it was better than fair, I used it as a comparison in damage %.

The GERM

Smash Ace
If you're fighting your opponent on a platform, it's very useful to drop through the platform with an u-air when you're standing close, to possibly, another u-air/u-tilt/u-smash after landing.

Ulevo

Smash Master
It has it's uses, but juggling is rather hard to perform with it. If Wolf tries to go for a vertical approach, he will get screwed most of the time since his Uair has such low priority, due to the range being small. Being repetitive with it, which is what juggling promotes, is not necessarily a good thing. It also makes vertical KOs unreliable, as you're likely going to get hit with a Dair while going after them (if they decide not to Airdodge).

It's still alright though.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I didn't say it was better than any other move. What I'm saying is that people say it has no use which is incorrect. I didn't mean it was better than fair, I used it as a comparison in damage %.
When you create a list of advantages of a thing, the implicatures of that format always work in the following way:

where S is what you wrote -

S is true, and the case that S is an advantage for X just insofar as S is true.

So you actually did say that Uair was better than Fair, since what you said was that Uair had greater damage compared to Fair, and that this comparative superiority is an advantage for Uair just insofar as it is a comparative superiority to Fair. You propped up Fair to be compared with Uair and said Uair was better.

[/Gricean linguistics]

I like to remember that the hitbox reaches quite a distance in front of wolf, though still high. It allows you to move into someone and Uair, striking them pretty much where it looks like his swipe actually begins - while you yourself can be rather far away, for an aerial attack.
So I'm actually saying, ironically, that sometimes I do replace Fair with Uair. Only at higher altitudes, though - it reaches a certain height above Fair. It's a place that only Uair hits.

§witch

Smash Lord
When you create a list of advantages of a thing, the implicatures of that format always work in the following way:

So you actually did say that Uair was better than Fair, since what you said was that Uair had greater damage compared to Fair, and that this comparative superiority is an advantage for Uair just insofar as it is a comparative superiority to Fair. You propped up Fair to be compared with Uair and said Uair was better.

[/Gricean linguistics]

I like to remember that the hitbox reaches quite a distance in front of wolf, though still high. It allows you to move into someone and Uair, striking them pretty much where it looks like his swipe actually begins - while you yourself can be rather far away, for an aerial attack.
So I'm actually saying, ironically, that sometimes I do replace Fair with Uair. Only at higher altitudes, though - it reaches a certain height above Fair. It's a place that only Uair hits.
I was giving a basic comparison in terms of damage percentage. In terms of knockback and killing, no way am I saying uair is close to as good of a move as fair. It's a situational move but can be used well.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master

[/Gricean linguistics]

You, sir, have won the thread.

Anyways, I agree with what Germ said about a practical use of Uair. However, that isn't the only practical use.

FYI: You can full jump Uair > Bair, so if someone airdodges behind you with a Uair, you can bair them, or even Uair them again. Low knockback is God for this type of move as it promotes pseudo-juggling. On top of that, fair should be used as your vertical KO move, not Uair.

They have their uses.

One_With_Sumthing

Smash Apprentice
All over the Wolf board, all I see is people hating on uair. It's actually a good move.(situational, But as is dair, a good move if you know how to use it) Here are some facts about uair:
1. Does 11%(more than fair, by 1%)
2. Comes off really fast. No lag before or after.
3. Can kill at 130-150.(from up in the air)
4. Good for juggling.(not easy to do, takes practise)
5. If the opponent is above you, not in good good position for bair, use uair. Land jump up and bair.

I'll have some videos up later showing what I mean. Comments or questions? I'll be glad to answer any.:chuckle:
1.ok
2.not really [it's not exactly really fast with a wind up and lag after IF you don't hit]
3.sure...
4.not really [not really, it's kinda easy to dodge, then punish after]
5.better choices [like any of his aerials, depending on the time]

dr0go

Smash Apprentice
I think that the moves depend on when you use them.uair and fair each have their uses,advantages and disadvantages.If the other person is above you in a platform uair is better since if you dont hit there is not much of a lag and you can simply fastfall trough the platform and do something else unless you get shield grabbed which is unlikely if you do it right.if you do hit you land on the platform jump and do it again.

Top Bottom