• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uses for diddy's peanut gun?

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I just recently started using Diddy and am replacing both Pit and Yoshi with him, since Diddy seems capable of beating all the characters Ice Climbers have trouble with.

I'm wondering what some good uses with his peanut gun are though. I already know that I'm good at aiming it, and if I time it right, I can hit my opponent with a bannana right after they get hit with the peanut gun because they don't have enough time to dodge, and right afterwards I can get in a smash, which has been a handy combo, but are there any other uses? I know his peanuts can be used against him, but I'm used to taking risks.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I like to shoot them at wolfs. It's really funny when they honestly don't know what to do when they catch a peanut.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I like to shoot them at wolfs. It's really funny when they honestly don't know what to do when they catch a peanut.
Now that I think about it, before I knew that you could catch them, I had a match where I used Ice Climbers against my neighbor's diddy, Nana caught a peanut right before I grabbed diddy with Popo, so I couldn't do a chain grab right then o.o That could be useful.

paOol

Smash Apprentice
it depends on which character you are playing. for example, if im up against DDD or bowser, its pretty safe to keep my distance and just spam away to get in some free damage. otherwise, i pretty much use it only for edgeguarding (throwing/hitting someone off the stage and shoot peanuts at them). if you're opponent is a total nub, he'll freak out about getting hit and might mess up or something. or your peanut might interrupt their recovery (fox,falco,wolf,etc.).

i never stand there and charge the peanut gun when im playing a serious match.

it's also good to mix up your banana game with some peanuts. if your opponent keeps shielding your bananas or something, spam some peanuts and throw the banana so its harder to avoid everything at once.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I found this really useful, if their coming at you from the air with an aerial attack or something, shoot it when their somewhat close but not too close and Fsmash him

Top Bottom