• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uses for charged neutral b?

HonkBonkington

Smash Rookie
I've seen the point made that it can make a good combo breaker in certain situations, but lately in friendlies I've been getting a little cheeky and using dash/short hop OU Burst to get something started. Because it's only 2 frames of startup, it can catch a lot of players off guard. Am I just getting lucky with a gimmick, or is it legit?

Kipcom

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kipcom
3DS FC
4725-7977-1418
Good as a defensive out of shield option and sometimes continuing a combo if they're at low percent. That's about it. I probably wouldn't just run up to someone and do it though.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I've seen the point made that it can make a good combo breaker in certain situations, but lately in friendlies I've been getting a little cheeky and using dash/short hop OU Burst to get something started. Because it's only 2 frames of startup, it can catch a lot of players off guard. Am I just getting lucky with a gimmick, or is it legit?
you can hit shield as you retain momentum, usually causing people to miss the grab as you move past them and then its either punish or beneficial situation

Une

Smash Apprentice
Thing is 2 frames of startup, right? So it's supposed to be a combo breaker. But that's only ONE frame faster then NAir or Dair. Wtf I don't get why it's not just one frame startup. Definitely expect that move to be reworked in the next version.

Xcite

Smash Apprentice
If you want to style a bit, magnet into OU Burst is an alternative kill option (mainly for spacies). Pretty tight execution if you want to send your opponents forward though. Hopefully they make that move a little bit more combo friendly in the next version, cuz fudge it more combo tools to work with.

Aidalicious

Smash Rookie
I personally feel like using charged neutral B is a poor choice in most scenarios because there is almost always a more effective move, however, i find it is amazing for mind games. if you fail OU Burst, you lose your charge, giving the attack some risk, so when you use is twice or more on the other player in a short period of time, its like slapping them in the face and saying you aren't afraid of them. whenever I do this, the people i play against either play more defensively or aggressively, so you can consciously change your approaches and strategy to counter their aggression or lack of it.

Top Bottom