• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

User Voted Smash 64 Tier List

ShyGuySaysEpicness

Smash Rookie
Hello! My name is Shyguysaysepicness, i have been playing smash64 for a total of 7 years, so i wanted to ask you all to help me make a smash64 tier list! All i would like you to do is list your best smash64 characters from best to worst in this thread, thank you all for voting.
S Tier
1:pikachu64: 4.09
2:falcon64: 4.27
3:fox64: 4.36
4:kirby64: 4.90
A Tier
5:ness64: 6.00
B Tier
6:mario64: 6.36
7:yoshi64: 6.81
8:jigglypuff64: 7.00
C Tier
9:samus64: 7.18
D Tier
10:link64: 8.36
11:dk64: 8.63
F Tier
12:luigi64: 9.90

Last edited:

ShyGuySaysEpicness

Smash Rookie
Here is my personal tier list, cant wait to see yours!
1:ness64:
2:pikachu64:
3:kirby64:
4:mario64:
5:falcon64:
6:fox64:
7:jigglypuff64:
8:luigi64:
9:yoshi64:
10:link64:
11:samus64:
12:dk64:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:jigglypuff64:1
:kirby64:2
:yoshi64:3
:samus64:4
:falcon64:5
:mario64:6
:link64:7
:luigi64:8
:ness64:9
:pikachu64:10
:fox64:11
:dk64:12

This was pretty fun, never really thought about it until now. Nice thread. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

Shears

Smash Master
How do i embarrass myself?
1. There has already been a user voted tier list.
2. No one wants to talk about redoing the tier list.
3. User voted anything is bad and users don't know what they're talking about.
4. Coming out strong as a new player is never received well.

Drop the whole tier list and opinions thing and just casually include yourself in already created threads, discussions, etc.

Best way to come out strong is to either get involved with an existing local scene or start up your own local scene, but saying "hey guys none of you know who I am but I'm going to come in and change all your opinions and do something thats been done a million times by a million noobs" is not the way to go.

Don't take any of this the wrong way, I just want to catch you before its too late and you really get scared away.

So, to be safe: where are you from and who do you main?

Shears

Smash Master
How about you leave him alone? ShyGuy pay no mind to the trolls.
I am protecting him. If he is an adult, he will have no problem taking it constructively and starting with a clean slate instead of waiting until caneut or someone comes in and wrecks this. Also, this thread will die quickly anyway and won't be much of a coming out party because of reasons 2 and 3. As MailOnSunday already linked the original thread that did exactly the same thing, this thread can be taken as spam and locked. Again, I'm trying to steer the ship before it crashes.

caneut

Smash Ace
I am protecting him. If he is an adult, he will have no problem taking it constructively and starting with a clean slate instead of waiting until caneut or someone comes in and wrecks this. Also, this thread will die quickly anyway and won't be much of a coming out party because of reasons 2 and 3. As MailOnSunday already linked the original thread that did exactly the same thing, this thread can be taken as spam and locked. Again, I'm trying to steer the ship before it crashes.
Shears this isn't a tier list, this is a list of your own personal best characters I think. I had to re-read the topic like 3 times before I realized wtf was going on.

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
This is the most backwards tier list I've ever seen.

Anyways, here's my personal list. I know it's not quite right, but it's the way I see it.

:pikachu64:
:kirby64:
:fox64:
:falcon64:
:jigglypuff64:
:mario64:
:yoshi64:
:ness64:
:link64:
:dk64:
:samus64:
:luigi64:

Last edited:

Uair

Banned via Warnings
On dreamland,

Pika
Fox
Kirby
Ness
Falcon
Samus
Mario
DK
Yoshi
Luigi
Jigglypuff
Link

On hyrule

Fox
Pika
Kirby
Falcon
Mario
Jigglypuff
DK
Link
Luigi
Samus
Ness
Yoshi

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
here's my personal list in terms of usage/skill with each character

bottom 3 get 0 play time

Last edited:

Zantetsu

Smash Master
My personal best to worst.

(not my opinion of the tier list, just an order of my best characters to worst in how I play them, just to clarify)

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
Last edited:

vangerz

Smash Rookie
The thread literally says User Voted Smash 64 Tier List. I think this is meant to be a tier list and the OP is assuming an appropriate metric to build the list is the popularity of a character and the users skills with them. Lets clarify.

ShyGuySaysEpicness ShyGuySaysEpicness is your intent any different than this thread http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb-2015-community-tier-list.402497/?
All i would like you to do is list your best smash64 characters from best to worst in this thread
now stop embarassing yourself

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
now stop embarassing yourself
With the intent to build a tier list from it.

"Guys what are your opinions of the best characters?"
*Builds tier list with data received but gets tons of discussions and arguments and things get pretty messy

"Guys what are your favorite characters?"
*Builds tier list with data received but avoids arguments and mess because people don't realize what they're submitting

Titling it "User Voted 64 Popularity List" is much different than "User Voted 64 Tier List". Also, voting is different than polling. Literally everything about the OP suggests the intent is to build the tier list, but he doesn't want the drama so he basically just says "hey guys don't think too much about it just submit your favorite characters and it'll be cool" because the OP believes that the results yielded will actually be a better representation of the tier list than theorycrafting, as if opinion and fun define which characters are better (this way of thinking is the problem with empirical observation and just because its popular doesn't mean its best).

Uair

Banned via Warnings
lol I have the most accurate tier list. Anyone who competitively plays all 12 characters will agree.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
I beg to differ, Kirby should always be above Fox.
Fox has easy gimps on Dreamland where ask kirby's only actual gimp is bthrow to sliding upB to spike.

On Hyrule fox has a lot of distance and can spam lasers. Plus hes fast and is good on approaching on flat ground.

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
Fox has easy gimps on Dreamland where ask kirby's only actual gimp is bthrow to sliding upB to spike.

On Hyrule fox has a lot of distance and can spam lasers. Plus hes fast and is good on approaching on flat ground.
Kirby can gimp any character off the side of Dreamland at 10%, except Pikachu, which is why Pikachu is higher tier. EDIT: And I don't really think Hyrule is relevant here since it's not legal. I love that map, but it's completely irrelevant to the tier list.

Last edited:

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Kirby can gimp any character off the side of Dreamland at 10%, except Pikachu, which is why Pikachu is higher tier. EDIT: And I don't really think Hyrule is relevant here since it's not legal. I love that map, but it's completely irrelevant to the tier list.
You have no idea what you're talking about. Kirby doesn't gimp, maybe you can edgeguard but that's totally different from gimping. Gimping is doing a basically unbreakable combo and finishing with a KO.

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
You have no idea what you're talking about. Kirby doesn't gimp, maybe you can edgeguard but that's totally different from gimping. Gimping is doing a basically unbreakable combo and finishing with a KO.
I think you're mistaken, guy. Straight from the wiki:
"A gimp is the action of KOing a recovering opponent by interrupting their recovery, often with a rather weak attack that would not KO the opponent otherwise."

Uair

Banned via Warnings
I think you're mistaken, guy. Straight from the wiki:
"A gimp is the action of KOing a recovering opponent by interrupting their recovery, often with a rather weak attack that would not KO the opponent otherwise."
Wiki is wrong then.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
That's just edgeguarding, and there is a difference from edgeguarding and ledge guarding (being on the stage).

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Edgeguarding = not allowing your opponet to recover by going off the stage and hitting them

Ledgeguarding = not allowing them to recover by grabbing the ledge or hitting them while you are standing on the stage.

Gimp = A combo that is semi to unbreakable that results in a KO.

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
uh lol, gimping is not edgeguarding, Gimping is doing DK grab **** tent to B or Falcon F throw to Fair to Fthrow to Fair uair b
I mean those are combos, yeah, and there might be a term for them that I'm unaware of, but I've always known gimping as exactly what the wiki says, and everyone else would agree. Sorry dude. It's no big deal if you just got something mixed up, don't worry about it.

EDIT: Just want to cite my sources here http://www.ssbwiki.com/Gimp
It actually says on the page that gimping is sometimes mistaken for edgeguarding

Last edited:
Top Bottom