• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Useless Thread; Please Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
This isn't tourney viable.....

Diddys are jumping all over the place.

It's interesting though....

Try something with Warios bike....?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
This isn't tourney viable.....

Diddys are jumping all over the place.

It's interesting though....

Try something with Warios bike....?
The bike; how so? Are you talking the full bike, or pieces? Are you thinking that the bike might be better suited for something like this?

He's done it out of a Glide Toss before, if that makes it any easier to set up.

I'm going to have a video uploaded shortly to show what I'm talking about.

EDIT: Video uploaded.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lyrotp797g

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
As was mentioned in the comments of the video, a Diddy player likely would break out before the two pummels were put in. The reason the pummels were there was to rack up damage while waiting for the Banana to be at the right height; essentially they always give you the right timing if you get both in. What if, instead, a double Jab Canceled Grab were used instead of the Grab with two Pummels? I imagine that would buy the right amount of time, and I see Falcon players using the Jab Canceled Grabs a lot.

EDIT: Maybe add one Pummel to the double Jab Cancel Grab for timing purposes; I haven't had a chance to test it, but in my head the Grab to immediate Throw may come out too quickly and the Banana might be too high up. Just ideas :)

Player-3

Smash Hero
glide toss > jab > grab > dthrow > pickup > toss when they airdodge > jab > grab > dthrow > pick up > throw upwards when they midair jump > up b

i win

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
banana throw-->hyphen smash = probably most damage, (if both kicks of falcons Usmash connect that is.). so that's probably the best combo possible with a banana for falcon (And a fast/pretty reliable one, too.).

Not that any half decent diddy player will let you get a hold of a banana though.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
The bike; how so? Are you talking the full bike, or pieces? Are you thinking that the bike might be better suited for something like this?

He's done it out of a Glide Toss before, if that makes it any easier to set up.

I'm going to have a video uploaded shortly to show what I'm talking about.

EDIT: Video uploaded.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lyrotp797g
The whole bike.

Wario does crazy stuff when with his bike in the air. We might be able to conjure something that can use the same elements he uses to aid us.

I suppose I'll let you be the first person to know when my research is complete.

EDIT:

I did about 5 minutes of testing. Wario's bike doesn't stay in the air as long as we hoped. If you throw it up and instantly U-throw Wario, then, WITHOUT Wario's DI, he will be hit with the bike twice.

Unfortunately you can't combo him in any way. The most viable option from there would be to meet him with an U-air.

The good news is, if the bike breaks on impact when it hits Wario and you execute an U-air, you'll end up getting a wheel in your hand...most of the time.

In the end, trying to hurt Wario during the apex of the bike when it is in the air is crap.

But I have more ideas.....

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Finding Glide Toss combos would be a lot more useful than this.
You can start this with a Glide Toss... Any upwards toss, really.

banana throw-->hyphen smash = probably most damage, (if both kicks of falcons Usmash connect that is.). so that's probably the best combo possible with a banana for falcon (And a fast/pretty reliable one, too.).

Not that any half decent diddy player will let you get a hold of a banana though.
The goal was to find another combo besides the obvious Glide Toss > Smash Attack that every character uses. All good Diddy players will see those coming once you are in the proper spacing for it; finding other things to do with a Banana makes things more unpredictable.

But if that's all you guys want/need in terms of using Bananas against Diddy, then that's fine. Forget I made this thread :p

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
You can start this with a Glide Toss... Any upwards toss, really.

The goal was to find another combo besides the obvious Glide Toss > Smash Attack that every character uses. All good Diddy players will see those coming once you are in the proper spacing for it; finding other things to do with a Banana makes things more unpredictable.

But if that's all you guys want/need in terms of using Bananas against Diddy, then that's fine. Forget I made this thread :p
Dont act like your thread is even remotely useful. Please.

No half decent diddy will let you get a hold of a banana. Ever.
/thread.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Lock or whatever.

But this intrigued me somewhat.

If we could find moves that can knock wario off his bike we may have something that can help...

But not that much.

EDITO:

Testing is done.

Warios bike= not viable or even semi in our favor.

/end discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom