• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Useless Gimmick: Double Din's Fire

Aleu

Smash Rookie
Something I noticed today, but not something I can think of any practical application for. No video, because I don't have a capture card =/

Zelda can have two Din's Fire's on the screen at once: by launching the first, then having someone else get hit by Falcon's Final Smash before it bursts, she reverts to a standing position after the animation ends. At this point you can start another Din's Fire, while the other one either stands still or keeps moving (I couldn't see very well). I believe that when the first one bursts, the other does simultaneously.

As I said, I can't think of a single practical (or otherwise) application for this, except for... no, nothing. Nope! :3

darkatma

Smash Hero
it doesn't explode at the same time
zelda's din's fire will continue going to its maximum distance once she is interrupted, and will then explode. During that time, she can have another din's fire on the screen. There's no real practical application at any rate.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Actually, I remember something like this being brought up in the Melee boards. I said it couldn't happen back then, and I was wrong.

Only, yeah, the balls of fire won't explode at the same time, only a lot closer together than normal. I can kind of see it as a really demented juggle (by a FFA absolute fluke maybe), but yeah, that's it.

Top Bottom