• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Useful thing to do

Riachachi

Smash Rookie
Many of you probably know this already but for the few who don't I'll just let you know

Do you ever play somebody who ALWAYS (or almost always) attacks to get off the ledge? Well a simple way to solve that is just by running to the edge and countering as they attack, they get smacked off the stage again with the damage and you can try to spike them (or just attack)

Sure after a few times (3 at the most probably) they will stop doing it, but that saves you a lot of damage if you ever get hit by those attacks

It's probably really obvious but I thought I'd just point it out

-Riachachi

feardragon64

Smash Champion
The same thing applies for those pesky people who will wait for you to come near them before they get up, lol. It's not something to base your game around, but it does get in those extra few hits =]

undyinglight

Smash Journeyman
Ike players often spam their Up-B untill someone backs away from the ledge. Unfortunatley Ike gets super armor during this attack.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Ike players often spam their Up-B untill someone backs away from the ledge. Unfortunatley Ike gets super armor during this attack.
Edgehog them, dash off, smashDI towards the edge. They'll fall and pass through you since you'll still have invincibility frames. See if they keep it up after that

Wolt

Smash Journeyman
The Super Armor frames only last until he jumps into the air, anything else is fair game. It's still a useful trick however.

Torn

Smash Cadet
Level 9 CPUs

Do you ever play somebody who ALWAYS (or almost always) attacks to get off the ledge? Well a simple way to solve that is just by running to the edge and countering as they attack, they get smacked off the stage again with the damage and you can try to spike them (or just attack)i
Haha, I see someone has been playing a few level 9 CPUs in their spare time.

Or maybe not, but I notice that level 9 Marths and Ikes love this strategy against normal ledge-attacks.

Unfortunately, it also works against a ledge-hopped, fast-falled nair.

Level 9 Lucarios and Peaches either haven't caught on or just don't like this strategy nearly as much.

Nice tidbit for incoming Marths though - kudos.

Torn

Riachachi

Smash Rookie
Thanks torn, and yeah that's where I got it from, I was really stupid and walked into it about 5 times in a row though :p

R3v3nant

Smash Cadet
This is a useful strat to use sparingly. There's always the risk that your opponent predicts it and just ***** you because of the lag. Safest way to go is shieldgrab them if they attack using a midair hop and don't have invincibility frames.

Top Bottom