• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Useful if replicable Bowser glitch (UPDATE: It's nothing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
UPDATE: upon further testing, it turns out that it IS just a result of Bowser (or any character) jumping on squirtle during his side-B. What threw me off, however, is the fact that both times Bowser was randomly involved, and that there was no visible side B (it happens really fast, I'll upload a video so you can see what I mean).

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExSqD1xXw38

However, I have made a mini discovery of little use, which is that if squirtle's side B and bowsers short hop (i tried with dedede and it worked, meaning it's probably all characters but easier to do with the ones that have longer jump warmup frames) are timed so that squirtle starts the side B right when bowser is over squirtle, the jump on the side b will be done AUTOMATICALLY, seemingly at the earliest possible frame.

Useless, yes, I know.

Sorry for wasting all you good people's time.

- RazeveX

ORIGINAL POST:

but it's probably not.

Anyway, i thought it was pretty amazing.
I was goofing around as squirtle against a cpu bowser on lylat cruise, when he grabbed me about 2/3rds from the left of the stage (closer to the right, if you didnt get that). I can't remember which side of the stage was tilted down, or if they were at all, sorry.

Anyway, he attempted a down throw, but something happened. I was watching a youtube video as well, so i wasnt watching too carefully, but somehow he cancelled the d throw FOR HIM, but i was stuck in the "nonono bowser dont jump on me" animation for a good 4 or so seconds.

(I quit as fast as I could to get a replay but I was over 3 minutes...Sakuraiiiii!!)

The computer just walked around, but imagine if it were a person. Cancelling a grab into a fully charged F smash, or U smash...sounds pretty sweet to me.

I really doubt it, but if this was discovered beforehand, then I am very sorry.
I also heavily doubt that this will prove replicable or useful, but I figured there's always hope.

- RazeveX

B!squick

Smash Master
I saw a vid of someone doing the Klaw Belly Flop and getting stuck on the barrel like things on the Melee Metroid stage (forgot the name). Both players were stuck though. Never heard of something like this happening with DThrow. Which way was the CPU facing?

RazeveX

Smash Ace
Bowser was facing my right when he grabbed me; and I THINK (repeat: think) that the stage was tilted up on the right side, where we were. EDIT: Disregard that, because now I recall it being the left side tilted up...but he was definitely facing my right).

Oh, and I tried replicating it, but...I didn't know what to do. Spamming D throw didnt do it, so...*shrug*

Lotopius

Smash Cadet
Have you tried doing it while the stage was in the process of tilting?

RazeveX

Smash Ace
Have you tried doing it while the stage was in the process of tilting?
Yes.

Is it possible that you somehow went into the "turtle pose" when squirtle is jumped on during his forward B?
No, he was lying on his back, wriggling around; I'm almost certain it's the same animation as when he gets d throwed by bowser. Also, I know that when he trips he goes into his shell, so it cant be that if you were thinking it.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
Hey; yeah i've been gone for freakin ages...i feel bad that I havent posted as a debater in so long, but i really don't have time to be a regular around here anymore.

ANYWAY, back on (6 month old) topic;

I was just messing around and it happened again; with bowser, AGAIN.

This time i managed to save a replay, it was on frigate orpheon (i cbf getting the replay off my wii, but i'll probably do it when i look into it as a separate glitch).

Watching back over and over, it's still a massive mystery; however it is very very very unlikely that grabbing has anything to do with it now; it seems to be linked to being footstooled inbetween pressing jump and leaving the ground...

the animation, compared to that when he is in bowsers down throw, is different; i was wrong.

HOWEVER i cannot replicate the animation. Neither being footstooled on the ground or in the air or anywhere i've tried inbetween create the same effect of SLOWLY writhing and getting up over a few seconds.

So case half-closed; when i get more time i'll try and get it on youtube and we can look at it as a separate issue.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
When you did it on frigate, was it with squirtle? From the sounds of it, it reminds me of what happens when you footstool squirtle while doing his forward-B (withdrawl).

Maybe you already thought of or checked that buuut just trying to help :p

Sliq

Smash Master
If you get this on youtube I will figure out how it is done in 4 minutes because I am ****ing incredible.

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
I don't think this case should be half closed.

Improving Bowser is more important than "The Bowser Bunch".

This sounds a deliciously tasty way to get a stock.

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
ROFL, I just want to see what this is. So instead of charging a stock, I can get an easy Bowsercide for lulz.

Or even Buttbomb >:3

Sliq

Smash Master
you just footstooled squirtle in the middle of his side b. nothing new.
If he said he did it on Lylat, maybe he did the trick where the angle of the landing ground cause the side b to be lagless for Bowser, and he was, indead, capable of footstooling Squirtle after it?

Luigi player

Smash Master
If he said he did it on Lylat, maybe he did the trick where the angle of the landing ground cause the side b to be lagless for Bowser, and he was, indead, capable of footstooling Squirtle after it?
He just got footstooled during his side B, Squirtle is helpless then for a few seconds (if he is in the air he falls down without being able to do anything).

RazeveX

Smash Ace
uh no, i dont think so...btw, the one i have a replay of isnt on lylat, and he's on the ground the whole time.
i'll try and get a vid up tomorrow...wait maybe the day after; im kinda busy tomorrow.

EDIT: HOWEVER, i have a feeling that although it has only happened between bowser and squirtle, i cant see any way that this "technique", if recognized as one, could be realistically used for the matchup. Then again, if there comes an easier way to get squirtle into the animation, i spose it might be useful.

oh and if it turns out to be something known or useless, I apologize in advance.

cya guys in 2 days.

EDIT2: check the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom