• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Use your confusion

forward

Smash Champion
So with some mewtwo experimenting recently, I'd like to say that I think confusion is a pretty good move.

Most of the time, the opponent jumps away after a confusion. In which case it is a poorly planned and spaced jump and is easy to punish with moves like up tilt, up smash, d tilt, shadowball, or dash dance grab.

Or else they might hit you out of it, and if ur at low percent just CC, and most likely they will mess up their l cancel, and you'll get a free grab.

Another option is they don't do anything and miss a tech right in front of you, can you say "welcome to my combo vid?"

Now some nay-sayers of this move may say "well forward, anyone who knows how to fight against mewtwo is going to know how to get away from that move!" Well I can't argue with that, but if you're playing against someone who knows how to fight against mewtwo, chances are you're going to lose in the first place. And if they don't know how to fight mewtwo, it's just one more gimmick up your sleeve :chuckle:

quak

Smash Champion
i begrudgingly agree with what you say, but still would like to add that i haven't made that particular move work for me, so i gave up on it.

hey, i thought forward teaches falco, not mewtwo! O_o?

forward

Smash Champion
Next I shall teach Quak to STFU!

J/k j/k heart.

Taj, have you ever done f throw into confusion? I did it the other day. They jumped after the f throw, and i jumped up and caught them with confusion. I made a combo out of his two most worthless moves!

quak

Smash Champion
wait, i've been experimenting with it a bit more lately, and confusion IMO is a crappy move in 1 v 1, but in teams, totally different story.

Hold's em in place, sheild pierces, tacks ten damage, and you friend can finish em off with a smash before they have a chance to do ****. In teams, confusion is one of the flashiest teamwork techniques you can do with mewtwo.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Confusion, like disable, are both good moves. However, confusion, like disable, requires very specific things to happen to make them worth while. I have made decent use of both moves in general combat, but the situation has to present itself.

One thing I have not yet been able to use to my advantage is Taj's upthrow to confusion. Would you mind explaining that a bit?

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Sure. :)

Basically the up throw confusion is to be used on fast fallers. The confusion replaces the forward air, and you would also short hop. It's best used when they decide left or right rather than not at all. Basically, it opens up new options of tech chasing, punishing a missed tech, and getting an opportunity on someone who may have used their second jump immediately as well. This is usually another grab for me as they tend to try and attack poorly spaced from the lack of aerial mobility or timing.

As was discussed earlier, this isn't to be used against someone accustomed to it, or aware of confusion being punishable. However, in the event that it is, you can CC the attack for insurance and try to make something else happen as well. It just adds a nice change of pace.

It's not going to be t3h h0tness for everyone, it's just another option. That's all.

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
Well I also have some interesting Confusion ideas up my sleeve. When I play C. Flaons I love out prioritizing any of thier shuffled arieals by using confusion. Confusion definalty has the desired effect, and usaully i can get in a D-tilt combo or what ever.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
confusion can be used against edgeguarders

drag them down the stage so they grab the ledge, then second jump into a rising nair to get back on stage.

for me, this works most of the time, unless you are against a fox (dont get shined when you dont have a second jump)

------------------

in full jump intercepting nair, fast fall so your last shock doesnt hit, then use confusion. it works for me.

------------------

confirmation from taj?

------------------

oh and dtilt to confusion also connects situationally.

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
Confusion confusion

Yes, Mew2's side B. I know it can be used to spin opponent's through stages (battlefield) and can deflect projectiles.But recently, I found that using the >B on someone without a second jump restores their second jump. Since discovering this, I've been able to team up with friends playing Mewtwo and I've have him save me on a few occasions with the >B.
If this already well known?
Thanks.

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
To answer your question, I don't think it is very well known but it has been discussed before.
Thanks. We had a lot of fun screwing around with the confusion once we found out it gave back the second jump.

BTW: Taj, your sig is hilarious! :chuckle:

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
though confusion give the target its second jump back,

i find it very situational and tricky to use and aim.

it is especially when they are comming from under the stage and their up B doesnt reach high enough to grab the ledge or get on stage.

to reset their upB, may i suggest reverse SBCC? =]
discuss

JonathanW-Knight

Smash Rookie
I find it has two main uses.

Deflecting projectiles as you are recovering from a fall.

Hurting people in mid-air (their can't counter attack if you are both falling).

It is hard to pull off but it is ment to be used in mid-air i think.

Oh yes...and silly link/young link players who throw bombs at you from the right distance.

Top Bottom