• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Use fair for recocvery

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
OP in tactical boards: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=192522

That explains that aerials slow your momentum, allowing you to live longer. Since Luigi's fair is his fastest aerial, it should be used. When knocked back, start fair'ing, then recover as usual. You will live longer. (According to this, i'm not sure it's "proven" but I don't think it could hurt either way...)

Just making sure everyone reads this, since Luigi is fairly light and has a very quick aerial (fair), it is very useful for him.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
I thought this was common knowledge, and that people were just too used to airdodging. There was a video of Marth getting a fully charged smash from Ike and showing a comparison of the distance traveled from an airdodge/jump/fAir. And surprisingly (at the time, like a few months ago) it was the fAir that stopped Marth faster. I can't find the video, but it's out there, and it's pretty old by now.

May I just say one thing before this goes any further:

Sometimes, it's better to use an uncharged Green Missile than the fAir. I haven't gotten it down to an exact science, but I bet there's a rule of thumb we should be following.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Well I don't use fair and normally (if not smashed) I can survive to 160% or a bit more. And I read that yesterday but I believe it doesn't have any effect, needs more testing though who knows...

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
I can't say if it isn't useful, because i do aerials and DI at the same time to stay alive.

.Marik

is a social misfit
That's common knowledge. To fair with Luigi, and then uair, and when used together, you can survive and recover a lot more.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Wait, are you guys talking about Smash DI or ending the hitstun with an aerial attack?

And MarikYoshi, I don't know what you mean with fAir followed with a uAir.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
I know what a Smash DI is. But did you know you can end the hitstun a little sooner with an aerial attack? 'Cause that's what the TC brought up.

And, no, I didn't bring up fAir to uAir. I don't even know what that does to reduce youre hitstun. Or is that something else?

Top Bottom