• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

USB Loading for Dummies

JOE!

Smash Hero
Didn't know where else to post, so this seemed like the best place, but my Wii simply will not read the Brawl disc anymore even after cleaning the laser. Is there anybody here who can either direct me to an easy tutorial/what I need to USB load, or even better just give me a run-down here?

Thanks!

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I don't really have experience in this, but I think I'll be able to help you out since I plan to do the same thing to my Wii once I have everything I need in place.

Here's the site which contains guides and other things related to Config USB Loader.
WBFS Manager, which you'll need in order to be able to convert ISO's to the necessary format to be playable on the Wii through USB Loader.
You'll need an SD card to launch Homebrew and such, which I'm sure you already have.
You'll need an external source like a hard drive or large USB formatted to NTFS(can play both ISO and .wbfs files) or FAT(can play ISO's under 4GB and .wbfs). I plan on getting this, it's not too pricy and the amount of space you get for that amount is incredible.

That's pretty much all I can say so far, if I have anything to add I'll edit this post. Hope I helped ya fellow Bostonian. :p

JOE!

Smash Hero
A terabyte for 70$? dayum.

Anywho, I dont use HBC but i probably should get on that, been using hackless method for everything lol.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Hackless method is just so hard to give up lol I'm only doing this because I bricked my first Wii and right now I don't have a Brawl disc and have like 20 ISO's laying around on my computer

Top Bottom