• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

US names of all D/P pokemon

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Hmm the first thing I thought when I saw this for the first time last week was "Whoever thought of the name Lickilicky needs to go jump off a building. Like, now." Seriously. Wtf? Lickilicky? Some of them are bad enough, but the fat round ball takes the cake.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Turtwig was already known for a few weeks. Dialka and Palkia were already announced a month ago. Nothing new there.

Lickilicky is probally the weirdest thing I ever heard. I would expect something like Lickvis (From Lick and Elvis, looking at his head). Nosepass's evo has a bad name too, I wanted Nosetasche =.=. Honchkrow... Why not Donkrow? Rhyperior, like, wtf! Rhyhorn--> Rhydon--> Rhyperior. Doesn't sound nice eh?
Some names are nice, but most of them are just dissapointing me. Luxray, Stunky, Yanmega, Mamoswine and Dusknoir are really nice. Leafeon and Glaceon were to be expected, same goes for Gliscor.

Overall, I'm dissapointed. I expected beter names, oh well...

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
I hate how they named the new supposed ultimate threat to the metagame, GARCHOMP. wtf?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I hate how they named the new supposed ultimate threat to the metagame, GARCHOMP. wtf?
Well, it was one of two "ultimate threats" to the metagame. The other being that 125/125/115 atk/satk/spd psychic legend that gets freaking scheme+explosion.

Gaburaisu did not deserve such an awful name. Gaburaisu or Gablias (the name a lot of people on smogon have been using for it) would be better any day than Garchomp...

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Well, it was one of two "ultimate threats" to the metagame. The other being that 125/125/115 atk/satk/spd psychic legend that gets freaking scheme+explosion.

Gaburaisu did not deserve such an awful name. Gaburaisu or Gablias (the name a lot of people on smogon have been using for it) would be better any day than Garchomp...
You mean Azelf.

At least Azelf >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Garchomp in name.

tw0 side

Smash Apprentice
Hmm the first thing I thought when I saw this for the first time last week was "Whoever thought of the name Lickilicky needs to go jump off a building. Like, now." Seriously. Wtf? Lickilicky? Some of them are bad enough, but the fat round ball takes the cake.
I agree. What genious came up with that idea?:dizzy:

Top Bottom