• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UPOYM-Horizontol ^B in ground with no landing lag. Any uses?

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Well we remember the godlike thing Anther posted in the Up B thread a few weeks ago.
And at least most of us done this a few times.

Usually if you do a horizontal ^B on the ground , there will be like a second(?) worth of lag.
However if you delay the second ^B control tilt( you have a time frame to choose the direction you want to go after you press B+^ delaying it means doing it near the end of its time frame)
Delaying the up B will make you fall a bit( UP B will go parallel instead of Adjacent) instead of B^ lag. HOWEVER if you instead tilting the control stick "</>" you must tilt it "</>,V"(Horizontally Downward unless you turned the TV upside down) slightly you will have nearly have no B^ lag(maybe a bit landing lag but no falling time. The same amount as the WD)

Can this incorporated into Pika's metagame? Because it sounds like Luigi's WDx1000.

Name? How about UBOYM( Up B Owns Your Mom)

Think about it. UBOYM Usmash, UBOYM Dsmash, UBOYM Grab, etc.

Anther

Smash Champion
I think what you're explaining would be the same as doing a short-hopped quick attack horizontally... Which is something Pichu can do a "lot" because he can do anything the instant the quick attack is over. Pika's too slow with it for it to be useful very often. It's a lil shocking for pika to move around that way, but its quite punishable..

I might be wrong though, what you're saying might be something cooler XD.

N64

Smash Champion
Yeah, if it's what anther described, it is useful on occasion, but it only works a few times. It does, unlike a wavedash, have a little bit of startup lag. If you go through someone with it, they'll take a very small amount of damage and have no stun, so they'll usually be able to punish you before you get out of your small amount of lag. I tried this for a while as a way to get in melee range of marths, but they just started turn grabbing me after every time i did it before pika's half second of land lag was over. The first couple times they see it though, people will usually instinctively shield (allowing for a shieldgrab) or just stand there for a half second and you can dsmash or rising uair them. It is punishable vs. a lot of characters though.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
The only thing I use to move horizontally with Pikachu's quick attack, is if you quick attack down, while touching the ground, then quick attack to the right. I use it get away from CGers.

Top Bottom