• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*UPDATED* Viable Tech: Frame Canceled N-Air set up *includes video showcasing*

Showyoucan

Smash Cadet
Ganondorf mains should know about the frame canceled D-air which is hard to implement in a match since there's no set up for it but very rewarding because you can footstool easier, connect aerials after frame canceled D-air easier, and more :p. I found a useful setup for Frame Canceled N-air which might not be useful as much as D-air but it works. Shoutouts to Japan for finding this somewhere in the internet... :D. In order to do the setup, you need to do the following:

Full hop > Air dodge > N-Air > Fast Fall (after N-Air fast fall immediately)

This setup can be good for approaching the opponent and you can get a free 25% damage at low percents and (haven't fully tested this) near the ledge you can kill Sheik by doing Frame Canceled N-Air > B-Air (best when you have momentum and you hit the back part of first hit of N-air) at around 45-55%!

Here is a video showing what it looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvXTxA2YcSg

You should be able to see the difference of Frame Canceled and Normal Landing Lag N-Air by how long it took to input an action after N-Air.
This is my first time posting this so forgive me with any grammar mistakes and some stuff that are not clear in my writing.
Famous Ganon Mains inspired me to pick up Ganon and get better with him. Shoutouts to Pon, Gungnir, Adom, Vermanubus and Ray Kalm!

Failed Edition of the showcase LOL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mFSNcNhuQY

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ganondorf mains should know about the frame canceled D-air which is hard to implement in a match since there's no set up for it but very rewarding because you can footstool easier, connect aerials after frame canceled D-air easier, and more :p. I found a useful setup for Frame Canceled N-air which might not be useful as much asD-air but it works. Don't know if anyone found this yet but shoutouts to you whoever you are :D In order to do this set up, you need to do the following:

Full hop > Air dodge > N-Air > Fast Fall (after N-Air fast fall immediately)

This setup can be good for approaching the opponent and you can get a free 25% damage at low percents and (haven't fully tested this) near the ledge you can kill Sheik by doing Frame Canceled N-Air > B-Air (best when you have momentum and you hit the back part of first hit of N-air) at around 50-55%!
I would have a video about this but I'm lazy. Sorry for my professionalism... if that's what you call it XD.
This is my first time posting this so forgive me with any grammar mistakes and some stuff that are not clear in my writing.
If you discovered this tech already, well shoutouts to you whoever you are!
Famous Ganon Mains inspired me to pick up Ganon and get better with him. Shoutouts to Pon, Gungnir, Adom, Vermanubus and Ray Kalm!
Known about it for quite some time actually. You can thank the Japanese for that.

There's a post somewhere in the ATs discussion thread about it I think.

Showyoucan

Smash Cadet
Welp, the Japanese sure are the best testers there are in any fighting games :D

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
This is quite a good tech worth practicing. FHAD -> Nair is a useful approach option, far safer and easier to land than Dair, and maximizing your reward off of it is valuable. While it may not be new, I do think it can deserve its own thread. The main followups I've found from my own testing have been Nair -> Dtilt(usually from 0-15% or so), Nair -> DA(0-30%) and Nair -> Wizkick(30-40% or so on fastfallers). Other stuff like the Nair -> Bair setup you mentioned are more situational but still worth looking into.

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
I love this one, I used to just do it without the fastfall because it's relatively safe but once I figured out about the frame cancel life was good. My favorite followups are Gerudo(when I'm in their head and can read techs) and read a roll behind and charge a fsmash behind me.

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
I have a question, I'm trying this out in training mode on the 3DS version, and when I try a full hop into an airdodge I'm locked into the air dodge animation until I hit the ground.

Can someone help me? What am I doing wrong?

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
I have a question, I'm trying this out in training mode on the 3DS version, and when I try a full hop into an airdodge I'm locked into the air dodge animation until I hit the ground.

Can someone help me? What am I doing wrong?
Try pressing shield at almost exactly the same time you press jump, but do it a smidge later. When Ganon jumps he crouches a bit beforehand so during that crouch pressing shield will make the dodge come out frame 1, as soon as you can, during the end of the airdodge you can mash attack and it will come out as soon as you finish the dodge. Pressing the buttons in the previous animation is called buffering and it's very useful in any action game. The reason for all this is so the attack can connect in the small window of time you have to frame cancel.

MGK

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but what I like to do is at low % do Nair out of FHAD as it's good at getting combos started. At higher % I like to do a RAR FHAD Bair to go start for the kill but it is risky and is quite strict timing wise or you can even do FHAD Uair and you get the first hits from it and sends an opponent on a fTilt sort of angle. (Great against horizontal recoveries like DK)

Top Bottom