• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Updated! 6/23/08 Bowser's Chain Grab, AirGrabbing(New Vid)

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
That would so prove that this technique works.
wha??

I just want to mm Over Swarm because he's coming to a local tourney near me.

I figured since he's been posting on this thread a lot that he wold see my post.

PS: Why are you trying to start something? It's kind of childish

kamekasu

Smash Ace
uh the person who fund out wavedashing was Ken right? And why do you say Gimpyfish doesn't play Brawl? You should know, that many of the melee pros still do play Brawl, they just don't show up, so that way they can keep their ATs a surprise and such and so they can come in full force for tournies and stuff.

Edit: even if this doesn't work, it'll still be useful to use on those who aren't too experienced or on those who don't know how to escape:)
Ken didn't discover wavedashing... >.>
I understand lots of Melee pros play Brawl, Gimpyfish is not one of them.
It doesn't work.

wha??

I just want to mm Over Swarm because he's coming to a local tourney near me.

I figured since he's been posting on this thread a lot that he wold see my post.

PS: Why are you trying to start something? It's kind of childish
It's called a PM. Or AIM.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
someone told me in the first week of brawls release this game is a cheap japan only game with every char having a chain-something or infinites. woot suckskurai

edit* oops sorry. dumb double post. ill just say something >_>

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
it was actually Toadbanjoconker. he discovered it when trying to airdoge to catch an item
No he didn't that's false information on the Wiki that someone made up, and now you've fallen for it.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Can't you just jump out of the jump break? =/
I did more testing and you can still re grab MK if he tries to jump. I already added it to the video.

basically it doesn't matter what the person tries to do, they are stuck in the grab release animation and it's so long Bowser can regrab him before he can move again.

to Overswarm: that's too bad. I guess I'll play u at some other tourney

Hype

Smash Lord
I've been playing around with the marth air grab release lately. DDD has one on wario that leading into an Usmash (I forget who origially posted this).

PEEF!

Smash Hero
If someone says that this is not an infinate, why dont you play him?

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
Can't say if this works for sure or not, but BleakWun does all the grab release combos on me regularly except the chain, which is news to us. Don't know about the grab release versions, but the video is pretty clear so I don't see why not.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
I posted a bunch of comments on the second YouTube video, but I guess I should have put them here, so...
WindOwl said:
Can Bowser just CG to the edge and then combo into Klawcide?
WindOwl said:
Also, when you do a running regrab, is that a shield grab or an actual running grab?
WindOwl said:
... One more question. Have you tried a dashing pivot grab to switch the direction so that you can still infinite even on jump escape?

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Originally Posted by WindOwl
Can Bowser just CG to the edge and then combo into Klawcide?

If you're close to the edge but not right up against it you should be able to.(Unless they DI away)
Also, If you have less damage than your opponent you have control over Bowser's Klawcide.

Also, when you do a running regrab, is that a shield grab or an actual running grab?

It's a running grab

... One more question. Have you tried a dashing pivot grab to switch the direction so that you can still infinite even on jump escape?

Pivot grab wouldn't work because you would have to run to the other side of your opponent to pull it off after an air release.

On certain characters though you can just run into a dashed grab and still regrab them after the air release

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
I don't care at all about the proposed chain grab or infinite, just that you can take advantage of people that jump out of your grab.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
As low as I did it? no. You can make it unaviodable, but I was originally planning on setting something else up, only to find him down there with me.

Rashid

Smash Journeyman
Sharjah - the United Arab Emirates. (UAE)
NNID
MegaSnack
3DS FC
0903-2770-3378
Holy crap.. As a Bowser main, this feels... weird. For some reason, I hope this DOESN'T work. =/ Then again, I actually throw more than grab release, so... yeah.

Maybe I'll pretend I never saw this thread... until money's on the line. XP

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Wow... this video was posted June 23rd 2008... what the heck?

Why does so much amazing information about brawl slip through threads without getting posted in some awesome compilation.

Top Bottom