• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*UPDATED 2/19* NEW BRAWL VIDS from HugS and Romeo and others. ( A work in progress)

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
see, this is what i was worried about.
people see how sexily DDD moves, and they want to "pick him up"

... you should be forced to take a "Why is DDD the best charcter in the game?" quiz before you can main him.

anyways, ive gotta ask, what if Olimar had kept his distance form you and spammed pikmin untill you were high damage? I really didnt see dan throw many pikmin at you.

DDD is so big a target, and those pickmin can be thrown and picked up so fast, I really havent found a reliable method of attack against that kind of stragety yet.

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
I was going to play him anyway. Hes not going to be my main though. IMO you should only have one main, the rest are side dishes. I like DDD because hes a heavier version of kirby, which is my second or third most played in melee.

shanus

Smash Hero
lol DDD edgeguards on olimar were pretty sexy. Nice stuff. seems like the olimar should use more fair/downthrow combos

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
see, this is what i was worried about.
people see how sexily DDD moves, and they want to "pick him up"

... you should be forced to take a "Why is DDD the best charcter in the game?" quiz before you can main him.

anyways, ive gotta ask, what if Olimar had kept his distance form you and spammed pikmin untill you were high damage? I really didnt see dan throw many pikmin at you.

DDD is so big a target, and those pickmin can be thrown and picked up so fast, I really havent found a reliable method of attack against that kind of stragety yet.

I agree i dont want just some random noobs to use him just cuz he looks like hes good, which he is to an extent, but hes not really that simple to use and has quite a few disadvantages. They would probably drop him after figthing a good olimar or diddy, small characters are a ***** to fight with DeDeDe.

As for Dan, Yea he really doesnt like throwing them because hed rather use them as an attack and save them for his recovery, HOWEVER you are right there were times where he shouldve camped me out with pikmin cuz DDD is huge and slow, and it most likely wouldve worked. lol but these are just friendlys and camping isnt really the funnest style of play, that and he hates camping. Also youll notice i go for unnecessary edge guards instead of just hogging sometimes, its just more fun that way.

BUT to answer your question, i think that in order to get around a camping olimar just kinda get some height and throw waddle dees. Theyll either clash with the pikmin or hit olimar if you time them right. It wont be as easy as it sounds though, youll need to dodge his pikmin and shield often seeing as he throws pikmin hella quick.

lol DDD edgeguards on olimar were pretty sexy. Nice stuff. seems like the olimar should use more fair/downthrow combos
That combo only works at a relatively low percent, once in the mid or high % it is easily DIable. And I *think* oli's up throw is better for that combo not sure.

Kyuusoku

Smash Cadet
Romeo, I always liked you Falco in melee, but your DDD is pretty amazing, keep it up. One day when I come down there we might play, I hope to eventually have some videos up of my Falco, but I'd really prefer people not steal my style, cause no offense Romeo but after watching those videos you can't blame people for wanting to play exactly like you. ^_^

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
Romeo, I always liked your Falcon in melee, but your DDD is pretty amazing, keep it up. One day when I come down there we might play, I hope to eventually have some videos up of my Falco, but I'd really prefer people not steal my style, cause no offense Romeo but after watching those videos you can't blame people for wanting to play exactly like you. ^_^
Lol i knew that would happen BUT at least this way i know i created alot of things, and when i do it later no ones gonna say im copying anyone. Watever at some point in time people are gonna see everybodies styles and steal things from everybody lol.

And also im assuming you meant my falcon in melee, not falco.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
I saw a few times in these videos that Olimar's tether can actually hog the ledge.

That means that tether recoveries don't only get you gimped; you can gimp others with them too by jumping down and edgeguarding from off of the stage. Awesome stuff.

Kyuusoku

Smash Cadet
Lol i knew that would happen BUT at least this way i know i created alot of things, and when i do it later no ones gonna say im copying anyone. Watever at some point in time people are gonna see everybodies styles and steal things from everybody lol.

And also im assuming you meant my falcon in melee, not falco.
LOL yeh I meant Falcon, you were one of the first people I noticed utilizing the moonwalk in battle (I believe <_<), but yeh I guess your right in saying everyone's style gets taken eventually, its just up to the person who started it to make sure they do it best.

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
I saw a few times in these videos that Olimar's tether can actually hog the ledge.

That means that tether recoveries don't only get you gimped; you can gimp others with them too by jumping down and edgeguarding from off of the stage. Awesome stuff.
Yea i was pretty shocked when he first did it to me.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
good vids... just annoys me that i have to wait till march.... what other characters are u thinking about picking up romeo?

Top Bottom