• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Update 1.10! Changes? Predictions? Observations?

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
What are some of the utilities of d-air? I use d-air -> f-air, as well as ledgehop -> d-air. I know d-air can combo into Rest as well. Are there any other good uses for it?
Sheild pressure and roll punishes, and if you get taut roll punish, you can usually start a combo! Pretty neat. It also can be comboed into by several moves at diffrent percents.

It also can stop your friend's trajectory in doubles. If launched, they can be saved by dair if not all the hits connect, which it won't. Also gimping because it usually hits a recovery, even if that recovery has a hitbox. It will trade. Know which recovery you're dealing with though!

Last edited:

PandaEffect

Smash Cadet
Sheild pressure and roll punishes, and if you get taut roll punish, you can usually start a combo! Pretty neat. It also can be comboed into by several moves at diffrent percents.

It also can stop your friend's trajectory in doubles. If launched, they can be saved by dair if not all the hits connect, which it won't. Also gimping because it usually hits a recovery, even if that recovery has a hitbox. It will trade. Know which recovery you're dealing with though!
That covers most of the uses, it's great out of shield on laggier attacks to start combos or even end stocks.

A neat thing I've been doing is after jab1>jab2, If I conditioned the opponent about me going for a grab after it and I expect a spotdodge, full hop dair covers it pretty well.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
What are some of the utilities of d-air? I use d-air -> f-air, as well as ledgehop -> d-air. I know d-air can combo into Rest as well. Are there any other good uses for it?
It catches rolls and spot dodges like a ************, and it can edgeguard to some extent. It's a decent anti-juggle tool if the opponents not expecting it, but most of the time you should just be getting the hell out of there if you're being juggled.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Dair is awesome above the ledge if the opponent is on th ledge. No matter what get up option you do, there is a 1 frame window in which you are vulnerable. Dair can be used right above the ledge to catch them during that window. Then you can combo DAIR into WoP, or some onstage option like rest depending which way you are facing.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Was that why I felt that Jiggs spotdodge and rolls were ass?

Also WoP would only work on characters with sucky aerials approach (laggy startups).
Stuff like Mario & Luigi's (and any high-tier character's) Nair, Rob's Fair, etc. are gonna stop you right on track
Not to mention that air dodging is actually too good in this game.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Was that why I felt that Jiggs spotdodge and rolls were ***?

Also WoP would only work on characters with sucky aerials approach (laggy startups).
Stuff like Mario & Luigi's (and any high-tier character's) Nair, Rob's Fair, etc. are gonna stop you right on track
Not to mention that air dodging is actually too good in this game.
There was recently a patch that decreased everybody's invincibility frames while rolling and sidestepping by one frame. Really, with Jigglypuff's maneuverability in the air, she can potentially WoP anybody, Mario and Luigi included. Air dodges aren't a problem, because if you read one, it's a free back air.

Top Bottom