• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Update 1.0.3 Patch Olimar buffed??

-The Gucci Fairy-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Risingthunder55
I recently patched the game from the required update and I don't know but it seems the lag from Olimar's upsmash was reduced and olimar's fsmash and downsmash were speed up and less lag overall.

Also this prolly should be put somewhere else but I find that dealing with fast characters I personally believe purple pikmin is really good at disrupting them IE yoshi, Sonic, Sheik . We all seem to focus on his nerfs but really looking at all the good things about him , plucking a pikmin is really fast we can keep throwing pikmin and they die fast but they are just as easily replenished, we can always get guaranteed purples, the range on the fsmash etc etc. In general farming 2 purples doesnt take too long and it really makes olimar hard to be approached. If I'm saying somethign thats already been addressed I apologize ahead of time.

Last edited:

Hadon

Smash Rookie
I haven't patched yet. Will test and post results when I can.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
There are no changes to any character files in 1.0.3. It is not a balance patch.

Maybe next time guys.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
I recently patched the game from the required update and I don't know but it seems the lag from Olimar's upsmash was reduced and olimar's fsmash and downsmash were speed up and less lag overall.

Also this prolly should be put somewhere else but I find that dealing with fast characters I personally believe purple pikmin is really good at disrupting them IE yoshi, Sonic, Sheik . We all seem to focus on his nerfs but really looking at all the good things about him , plucking a pikmin is really fast we can keep throwing pikmin and they die fast but they are just as easily replenished, we can always get guaranteed purples, the range on the fsmash etc etc. In general farming 2 purples doesnt take too long and it really makes olimar hard to be approached. If I'm saying somethign thats already been addressed I apologize ahead of time.
Purples disrupt everyone, but a good player won't get hit that easily. They aren't going to let you run around and camp. This is why it's so hard to deal with the faster characters.

-The Gucci Fairy-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Risingthunder55
Myran said:^

Purples disrupt everyone, but a good player won't get hit that easily. They aren't going to let you run around and camp. This is why it's so hard to deal with the faster characters.Purples disrupt everyone, but a good player won't get hit that easily. They aren't going to let you run around and camp. This is why it's so hard to deal with the faster characters
I agree but still a good olimar will be able to know the right place to throw the purples against a good player, but of course its easier said than done. I usually take the time they are thrown off stage or being knocked back to farm for them.

Last edited:

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
I agree but still a good olimar will be able to know the right place to throw the purples against a good player, but of course its easier said than done. I usually take the time they are thrown off stage or being knocked back to farm for them.
I wish it was easy lol. I keep fighting a lot of good players, and they just know what beats Olimar.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
A patch is coming and its call 1.0.4. It gonna bring balanced to the game. I hope they fix Pikmin A.I.

Top Bottom