• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UpComing Tournament Character Advice!

PwnSauces

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys,

I have a Upcoming tournament..Nov 8th. Well the thing is

i have to main Characters.. Link,Lucas

Can you guys give me Like Strong points of Each Character :p

And Like there DownFalls also

( Dont Flame me i am also posting this in the link category!)

sasook

Smash Champion
....Wait, what is it that you're asking exactly? lol I'm confused, to me it sounded like you pretty much want every single positive and negative attribute about every single character.

Unless that really is what you're asking O_O

If you want to know about Link, just read the stickies. If you want to know about....everyone...ummm lol

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Link:

Don't go against people with many jumps, you'll get gimped. This includes: Kirby, Jiggly, Meta, D3, Pit.

Don't go against anyone with a projectile/CG that owns you. This includes: Falco, King D3, Pikachu

Use Lucas against:

Pikachu, Falco, Jiggly

Use Metaknight against:

Everyone, **** your mains.

sasook

Smash Champion
Link:

Don't go against people with many jumps, you'll get gimped. This includes: Kirby, Jiggly, Meta, D3, Pit.
I agree except for Pit, he's not THAT hard of a matchup. The others though, yes I agree. Also floaters in general are bad for Link (R.O.B., TL, Samus) when offstage. Come to think of it, R.O.B. is bad in general for Link, period.

Don't go against anyone with a projectile/CG that owns you. This includes: Falco, King D3, Pikachu
Wolf too.

Use Metaknight against:

Everyone, **** your mains.
lol

SuSa

I agree except for Pit, he's not THAT hard of a matchup. The others though, yes I agree. Also floaters in general are bad for Link (R.O.B., TL, Samus) when offstage. Come to think of it, R.O.B. is bad in general for Link, period.

Wolf too.

lol
Pit: You just lost your boomerang, unless you want to kill yourself.
Pit: You just got 0 to 52% combo'd.
Pit: You just got arrow gipmed
Pit: You just got WoI gimped
Pit: You just got Wall of Pained by Fair/Bair
Pit: You just got owned by arrows in general.
Pit: ..... yah....

also:

I speak the truth about MK , rofl

4Serial

Smash Lord
Nov 8......... would you be happening to go to Only In Niagara 2?

I might go there and **** babies with Link

But the best advice I can give you is to play MK because Link is terrible lol

also, read up Link/Lucas guides, etc

sasook

Smash Champion
Pit: You just lost your boomerang, unless you want to kill yourself.
Pit: You just got 0 to 52% combo'd.
Pit: You just got arrow gipmed
Pit: You just got WoI gimped
Pit: You just got Wall of Pained by Fair/Bair
Pit: You just got owned by arrows in general.
Pit: ..... yah....

also:

I speak the truth about MK , rofl
If you're talking about offstage only, then yes, Pit wins. However, getting Link offstage in the first place with Pit isn't easy. That's why I said it's not THAT hard of a matchup, maybe 60:40 Pit's favor.

0-52%, dunno what you're referring to, though I'm curious.

arrow gimps - sometimes you can dair bounce them (thank you Lootic)

WoI gimp....I've never seen it, to be honest. Sounds interesting though, and would be really funny to see

Fair/bair WoP is kind of easy to avoid....much easier to avoid than R.O.B.'s or King Dedede's. if a Link lets him start that in the first place, he needs to change something.

If he arrow spams, SHAD approach.

Now, if you're at a decent percent, like 130%, and he fsmashes you to the side bubble and chases after you with a fair, yeah you're doomed.

Again, if you mean offstage, Pit wins. On stage, it's about equal, in my opinion.

SuSa

0-52%

Fthrow >pummel> Fthrow > pummel > dthrow (limited Chaingrab of Pits vs some chars, you MUST buffer it...) > uair

And they can pretty much get a free arrow in after if they are quick enough... don't remember the -exact- % :p but I believe its somewhere around 40-50%

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
Pit owns Link? Not as much as you may think Havokk...

My friend mains Pit and I deal with this match frequently. Although Pit has a little leeway in the match-up, Link's Bombs > Pit's arrows which means Link's spam > or = Pit's Spam. Dair bounce will help Link's recovery and allow him to avoid gimps. Although its easier for Link to get gimped in this match-up, Pit can also get gimped as well. (Wings of Icarus)

As long as Link stays on the stage and DIs correctly, (which is what all Link mains should do) they have a pretty good chance against Pit. Priority on the ground is better for Link and in the air its about equal. Although Pit isn't a character Link can out-spam, he can definately hold his own. I'm going to say 55:45 Pit, 60:40 if you play a run-of-the-mill Link player.

sasook

Smash Champion
Ooohhh that chainthrow, I've always managed to get out of it after the 2nd fthrow. Now, for gimping the WoI when Pit is recovering, can it be any move? Like, would a nair work?

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Pit is one of the fricking easiest matches for Link if you ask me... >_>

You can easily out space almost all his moves with Zair, his arrows arn't amazing. I don't know about you but getting arrow gimped is extremely easy to avoid, so easy that you should never be arrow gimped. Seriously, just don't use your 2nd jump till you're out of arrows range.

Pits can't WoP ya' if you just airdodge when he comes for you... or throw a rang in his face when he tries. Hell, it's probably easier to gimp Pit with Link than to gimp Link with Pit.

Dunno what the WoI gimped things is... I'm thinking of gimping Pit by hitting him in his UpB but that doesn't fit the context of the rest of the message.

And this 0-52% thing sounds interesting... I want to know about it.

Sorry if this came off kinda.... cocky. lol. I just got home from working outside in a blizzard for 5 hours. (real life johns ftw)

SuSa

1. Pit's WoI has wind qualities (like Ganon's utilt, the second part of Shieks up-B, Ness releasing his down-B) and sometimes that wind can be enough to gimp your recovery. (I've done it 5 times so far :D)

2. Pit's arrows are annoyingly deadly unless you face a noob that cannot aim them well. (THERE IS NO SAFESPOT.....) you can horseshoe loop to get 'under' the ledge part of the stage, you can Arrow Blitz to hit you with 2, 3 or 4 arrows at once (2 is only practical though.. lol)

3. Never knew you could dair bounce those :p now I may be gimped less... but it still happes if he aims it to hit ABOVE you.

4. Good Pit's won't get gimped by Link unless you totally mindgame your projectiles. (bomb stool works wonders...)

I main both Pit and Link..... and my friend Rai mains Pit xD

@4Serial

Pit can CG Link

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I've faced some GREAT PITS...

Pit is a hard match up but not nearly as hard as the others you mentioned above with multiple jumps.

Out of all the characters with multiple jumps, Link may have the smallest disadvantage against Pit. He has a much harder time against meta kirby and ROB.

(Except D3. Zair just ***** him and you can actually play a don't get grabbed game. Always carry a bomb and a clawshot :D)

O and only noob pits do this but if they ever Angel Ring....Grab them....

4Serial

Smash Lord
No Swordplay, DDD is a ***** to fight
you can gimp Falco, but DDD is...... well he's DDD -___________-
He's really underrated compared to the rest of the high tiers, but he's more than deserving of 3-5th best char

SuSa

@Swordplay

The basis of my first post was to say 'go MK' if he doesn't understand who his characters do good and bad against, just use a character without bad matchups.

Anyways xD Pit doesn't -****- Link, but its still a tougher-then-you-would-have-with-MK-who-gives-Pit-hell.

Top Bottom