• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upcoming Smash Tournaments

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Just in case you don’t frequent the <a href="http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88">Tournament Rooms</a>, here’s a crash course on the upcoming major tournaments.

<!--more-->

<strong><a href="http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=95892">Melee FC</a>
July 12-14
South Bend, IN</strong>
Currently the longest-running Fan tournament in the country. If you are new to the tournament scene, than FC is the best place to start. Dozens of TVs, a variety of events, and an emphasis on fun and community in addition to a sizable prize. FC raises the bar every year, and 2007 is no different. The downside? They’re sold out. Maybe you can hitch a ride in somebody’s backpack…

<strong><a href="http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=99627">OC3</a>
July 20-22
Santa Fe Springs, CA</strong>
Touted as the “last great Melee tournament” before Brawl (we’ll see about that, but regardless, it’s still going to be huge), OC3 is set to outdo itself with an event that boasts 4 digits of prize money and top talent from around the world. Want to see Bombsoldier play? You can either go to OC, or log on Youtube. One of those is a little more exciting than the other.

<strong><a href="http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=107459">EVO West</a>
July 27-29
San Diego, CA</Strong>
The fourth EVO event before the championship. The EVO community finally decided to give Smash a go on their exclusive roster of games. Lets show them how competitive Melee can be.

All in all a great summer season for Melee. Pending Brawl’s release, next summer looks to be truly insane. This barely scratches the surface–check out the Regional Rooms and our <a href="http://www.smashboards.com/calendar.php">Calendar</a> for more information.

M

Master Makoku

Are there any tournaments in Pittsbugh, PA? And if so what would be the best one for a beginner?

W

Wrath

Here’s a little song about where I live. I hate living in Utah, there’s never any tourneys. I have only seen one! And it was a month after it came ouuu-u-u-u-u-ttt!

L

Lava

Hhahaha! ^^^ Nice. Yeah, Michigan has some decent community action going on… Smashfests mainly, but then again, I’m like 30 minutes from Melee FC in South Bend… too bad I can’t go apparently. Went last time. Not this time.

I need to start playing other people other than my roommate. I THIRST FOR BLOOD!!! Heh, JK, but I’d like to improve faster.

M

METROID MAN

MY AREA HAS A SONG TO, AHEM

“OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, I LIVE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, POPULATION 23, THERE IS NO TOURNAMENTS, LET ALONE ANOTHER NINTENDO PLAYER, SO I HAVE TO SIT ALONE AND PLAY BOTS ALL DAY LOOOOOOONG, THAT IS UNTIL, SMASH BRAWL COMES ALONG!

R

RC Hammer

Doesn’t anybody have Super Smash Bros. Classic tournaments annymore?

I know saying this will be like dropping a nuke in a mine field but…

I think I like SSB64 better than SSBM!!!

R

RC Hammer

Now’s time for me to sit back and watch the effects of the explosion…

R

RC Hammer

….
…..
……
…….
……..
………
……….
………..
…………
………….
…………
………..
……….
………
……..
…….
……
…..
….

….
…..
……
…….
……..
………
……….
………..
…………
………….
…………
………..
……….
………
……..
…….
……
…..
….

….
…..
……
…….
……..
………
……….
………..
…………
………….
…………
………..
……….
………
……..
…….
……
…..
….

Not saying I don’t like Melee…

M

Master Makoku

Prepare for the bombardment.

ARE YOU INSANE. MELEE HAS BETTER GRAPHICS, MORE CHARACTERS, MORE ITEMS, MORE MODES OR PLAY, MORE STAGES AND YOUR TELLING ME YOU LIKE 64 BETTER. YOU SHOULD GO PLAY IN TRAFFIC.

J/K J/K. Its ok to think that. Everyone has different taste. Im fine with you liking 64 more than melee though its a little strange.

M

mmmmmmmm fudge

64s time has past there is no point of it unless you like board the platforms

M

mmmmmmmm fudge

or if you like the levels even thou most of them are on melee

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
RC: There’s quite a few that do play and perfer Smash 64. There are tournies for them sometimes, though I’d also keep an eye in the 64 room as well as the tournament rooms.

F

Falcofucker

i need to enter a tourn with KirbyKid…the best man would win ME!!!!

F

Falcofucker

My team is the best … Falco , Lord Sesshomaru, and the elf from the old school gauntlet that mad that gay noise

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
smash 64 is awsome, but Melee is better IMO. You can like SSB64 more, they are both great games so you can’t be wrong, and have dozens upon dozens upon dozens of diffrences. You can’t go wrong either way, and same goes all three ways when Brawl comes out!

S

Sneaky

What defines a sucky comment? Bear in mind that I was asking what aspects made 64 more appealing than Melee as I have never played the former.

P

princess peach

an advice for falco****er:
pleaes try to under stand every one.

S

Sneaky

Technically, she’s in Melee, but you know about that already, right? Costume changes and all.

P

princess peach

in melee daisy has the same hair as peach
but in other mario she don’t right.

Top Bottom