• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upcoming Games & Directory

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
This is a list of ongoing and upcoming games. If you have a mafia game you would like to host, simply post it here along with what phase it is (Sign-ups, Review, or Development) and it will be added to the list. To host a game, you do not have to proceed through each phase of development (for example, you can skip the review phase and jump right to sign-ups). Additionally, this is not a queue, so you are welcome to place a game in sign-ups at any time. This thread is solely meant for keeping track of sign-ups and future games.

Format: [Priority] Game - Host, cohost - Reviewer

Ongoing
None

In Sign-Ups
None

Ready to Host
None

In Review
Completely 1-shot (Closed) - #HBC | Kary ᴸᶦⁿᵏ

Constructing

None

When you are ready to host, please provide a priority number based on the following:

[1] I would like to host at the next availability.
[2] I would like to host if there is going to be a gap in sign-ups.
[3] I would like to host only if there are no other games in waiting.

You can change priority at any time.

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Important Threads

Rules & Info
Forum Rules | General rules of the forum.
What is this Place & What is Mafia? | The main game played here is Mafia, also known as Werewolf. This contains a guide on how to play.

Social
Social Thread | Introduce yourself and interact with fellow Dgamers!
Discord | Chat and play micro games!

Records
The Game Archive | A chronological list of games that have been hosted.
Mafia Player Records | An alphabetized record of wins and losses of every player that has played on this forum.

Metagame
Set Up Discussion | Discuss game setups or request to have yours reviewed.
Role Discussion |
Discuss and evaluate mafia roles.
Mafia Theory Discussion | Discuss Mafia game theory.

Last edited:

Chaco

Never Logs In
Im gonna develop a closed 13p based off of Apex’s roster of legends. I’ll need a reviewer/co-host whenever I get to that point, but that’ll be just a little bit.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I’ve got a rough sent to marshy for review

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
so... anyone hosting soon? signups opening? osieorb18 osieorb18 Xivii Xivii Chaco Chaco

I'm working on 'completely 1-shot mafia', closed setup, 11ish players, 48-hour Day deadlines, more of a casual game, might run that after vanilla mafia ends if it's not going to clash with other people.

--------------------------------

also not relevant for right now, but I have some ideas for 'literally bad idea mafia' where I actually combine the most broken things I can think of into a mafia game, idk if that's something people would be interested in.

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I have some opens in reserve for whenever there is a gap in sign ups. I'm not hard pressed to run anything though, so you (or anyone) are more than welcome to go next. You were itching to play though, no?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I have some opens in reserve for whenever there is a gap in sign ups. I'm not hard pressed to run anything though, so you (or anyone) are more than welcome to go next. You were itching to play though, no?
I guess what I'm saying is that I think it would be nice if signups started around now-ish so that the next game could start promptly when my game ends. And if someone else wants to host, I would probably join, because as I mentioned on discord I am kind of keen to play. But if no-one else is going to host, I could at least keep myself busy by hosting (and I'm keeping myself busy right now by setup tweaking).

Last edited:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I am wanting to host but I would let Xivii/osie/chaco have first dibs since they already posted about wanting to host.

If I were to host it would be a closed setup with not too many power roles.

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
By all means. I've updated the OP with a "Ready to Host" section. Whenever anyone is ready to host, you can state your priority preference:

[1] being you would like to host when next available, [2] being you would like to host only if there will be a gap in sign-ups, and [3] being you are open to hosting if neither of the above are in waiting.

Hopefully, this will make for smoother transitions from game to game. I placed your game as a [1] giraffelasergun giraffelasergun , and your game as a [2] #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary . Feel free to correct me if I've misunderstood, or change it any time in the future. I am still working on Death Note, and I have no particular desire to run the other games I had in mind. As Chaco and Osie haven't yet updated their status, I presume you're free to start signups glg. However, I imagine you would like to wait for that to be confirmed.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I’m still tweaking and reviewing. I will post here when I’m ready to go. Thanks for the consideration though, Kary.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
July was relaxation month. August is WTFOMGBBQ month. Maybe September. Keep prodding me occasionally, though. It's good for the soul. #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Smashboards Mafia (the role madness b-game) is done, and I’m looking for a reviewer/cohost. Changes in plans have allowed me to host this sooner than I would’ve thought I’d be able to (probably late fall instead of winter) but it’s still pretty low priority because I just had a game up.

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Smashboards Mafia (the role madness b-game) is done, and I’m looking for a reviewer/cohost. Changes in plans have allowed me to host this sooner than I would’ve thought I’d be able to (probably late fall instead of winter) but it’s still pretty low priority because I just had a game up.
I'm up to reviewing

Chaco

Never Logs In
I’ll be ready sometime this month Xiv. So if you want to pop me in after you and Giraffe I’d be good. I’m at 14 slots though now instead of 13, since they dropped a new legend in this past week.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
By all means. I've updated the OP with a "Ready to Host" section. Whenever anyone is ready to host, you can state your priority preference:

[1] being you would like to host when next available, [2] being you would like to host only if there will be a gap in sign-ups, and [3] being you are open to hosting if neither of the above are in waiting.

Hopefully, this will make for smoother transitions from game to game. I placed your game as a [1] giraffelasergun giraffelasergun , and your game as a [2] #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary . Feel free to correct me if I've misunderstood, or change it any time in the future. I am still working on Death Note, and I have no particular desire to run the other games I had in mind. As Chaco and Osie haven't yet updated their status, I presume you're free to start signups glg. However, I imagine you would like to wait for that to be confirmed.
I didn't mention this earlier, because basically my questions was just 'who is next', and it seems that GLG is next.

But I will just clarify that my game is still under construction; I have the ground rules in place but am still tinkering with the roles and balance. I am committed to running the game at some point in the future, though, and have done most of the flavor already. I would also want someone to review/approve it in the future, because it is a more high-powered game than I typically run.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I have to do finishing flavor work and write role PMs, but I’ve been reviewed and tweaked by Marshy and his friend. So if for some reason I need to be ready now I could be within some days.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Just a thought, but have we thought about cycling open setups in between mod made closed ones? Might help activity and newer players out some. I think for the most part it seems everyone likes a good open set up.

Basically I’m asking because I have my closed setup but wouldn’t mind holding it back if consensus would be to run an open set up to help out.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That is a good idea, especially for newbie games.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I will volunteer to host a newbie sometime.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Seems that 9 slots fills fairly easily but anything around 13 takes some effort.

RIP DGames indie roles

osieorb18

Smash Ace
2 Town Bodyguard
1 Town Alignment Cop
3 Town Vanilla
1 Neutral Hitman (3 kills available. Wants to kill at least 1 town and at least 1 mafia.)
1 Mafia Roleblocker
1 Mafia Goon

Chaco

Never Logs In
2 Town Bodyguard
1 Town Alignment Cop
3 Town Vanilla
1 Neutral Hitman (3 kills available. Wants to kill at least 1 town and at least 1 mafia.)
1 Mafia Roleblocker
1 Mafia Goon
Does mafia carry a factional kill here?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
2 Town Bodyguard
1 Town Alignment Cop
3 Town Vanilla
1 Mafia Roleblocker
1 Mafia Goon
Does the Neutral Hitman leave the game after achieving their goal or do they remain in as a kingmaker?

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Pika Pika is looking good. Xivii Xivii

Adding Road Rage Mafia, an 8 player basic game, to the queue. For now it's closed, but it may become open before running it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I get the feeling we can start thinking about large 15-18 man games now. I just get that feeling.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Mine will be 14 after GLGs 13, so we moving up slowly. Those will be the test for sure. I’d like to see some larger games though. 18 would be a stretch for activity probs. The replacement pool would be so shallow.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Mine will be 14 after GLGs 13, so we moving up slowly. Those will be the test for sure. I’d like to see some larger games though. 18 would be a stretch for activity probs. The replacement pool would be so shallow.
Yeah, I had difficulty filling 16.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I'mma swap Road Rage for World War Z, a 9 player game instead of 8, also ready to run.

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
fontisian said:
Open. No flips, everyone gets a role, very balanced, unique mechanic that allows dead players to participate. I can take anywhere from 7 to 20 people, though I'd like to aim for 12-13. Can run it whenever.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
The Meme Mafia
Two meme factions, each one takes turns killing one person in the night. 13-19 people recommended. Jumping right into sign-ups.

Last edited:
Top Bottom