• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upcoming Games & Directory

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
The mafia game above is canceled. Currently starting to host my own mafia game. We'll call it "Boo's Mafia Boneyard" currently under construction.
UPDATE: Boo's Mafia Boneyard is now finished and is waiting to be reviewed.

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
The mafia game above is canceled. Currently starting to host my own mafia game. We'll call it "Boo's Mafia Boneyard" currently under construction.
Since this is your first time running a game here, I would recommend getting an experienced cohost to help run it (I'd recommend osieorb18 osieorb18 ). Mafia tends to require a good deal of time investment from players, so we like to ensure that games meet certain criteria (fair, clean, balanced) when they are run, so that it's an enjoyable experience for all. That being said, you don't necessarily have to get a cohost, but it would go a long way in attracting enough players for the game to fill. Alternatively, if you've run games elsewhere, links to those would do just as nicely.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Here’s a brief description of Boo’s Mafia Boneyard’s setup:
Standard Vanilla
14-20 Players
Town:
2 Vanilla Townies
1 Village Idiot
1 Miller

Mafia:
1 Godfather (Salvatore Leone)

Independents:
1 Red Gangster
1 Blue Gangster
1 Survivalist

Roles up for grabs:
Vigilante
Cop
Rope-Cutter
Suicide Bomber
Gunsmith
Bulletproof
Strongman
Doctor
Laser Shooter
Two Masons
Quitter

Last edited:

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Here’s a brief description of Boo’s Mafia Boneyard’s setup:
Standard Vanilla
14-20 Players
Town:
2 Vanilla Townies
1 Village Idiot
1 Miller

Mafia:
1 Godfather (Salvatore Leone)

Independents:
1 Red Gangster
1 Blue Gangster
1 Survivalist

Roles up for grabs:
Vigilante
Cop
Rope-Cutter
Suicide Bomber
Gunsmith
Bulletproof
Strongman
Doctor
Laser Shooter
Two Masons
Quitter
Wat? Also how is this balanced? Could you give an example game?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Also, you might want to start with a smaller set up. It’s harder to mod a larger game here without knowing people. Replacements takes some leg work and knowing people. I had to ask Osie and people to help find replacements. Typically with a 14 player game you’ll have 3 replacements, which is 17 people overall. 20 would at least have 5, and there’s not an active player base here enough to support that.

Someone like Osie who is established has a little bit of mod clout and people will join the game when they typically wouldn’t for others.

Just some things to think about.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Balancing changes:
Quitter has been removed and replaced with roleblocker.
Laser Shooter has been removed.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
You should assume your game will have no more than 14 players if that's your minimum contemplated. Unless you have a bunch of friends you'll be bringing in to join us, we simply do not have enough active players for a 20 man game. Also there is already a game in sign ups right now and only has like 6 or so players signed up so far and has been up for quite awhile, so just be aware that your setup wont be run until after that game and will likely take some time to fill at the absolute soonest

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Changed the maximum from twenty to thirteen.
Removed some roles.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'm no longer planning to run Completely 1-shot mafia in 2020 ;)

I have done all the work of writing / designing role PMs and it just needs a few tweaks so I would like to run the setup in the future. However, I am looking for someone to help me with the setup, i.e. to balance / review what I have in place and work with me to make the setup better before I run it here. If you're interested, please send me a PM. I would like to run it during Q1 2021, looking for around 11-13 players.

COMPLETELY MAFIA II
COMPLETELY 1-SHOT MAFIA
HAMILTON EDITION

Name: Alexander Hamilton
Quote: "There's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait..."

Last edited:

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
With Osie cancelling his game I thought maybe as a filler game we could run an F11 or something. Turns out mafiascum has been hard at work continuing to improve the newbie experience and F11 is like 3 iterations old lmao

Apparently here is what they run now as the standard newbie setup: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=NewD3

Its a 9 player setup and we had 8/9 signed up to play osies game and it looked like we had some fresh faces in there that would probably benefit from playing in a "newbie friendly" setup. Anyone feel like stepping up to host this?

Chop Chop

Smash Cadet
Mafia and Werewolves
14 Players

Cop
Seer
Town Power Role
Town Power Role
Town Power Role
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town

Mafia Power Role
Mafia Goon

Werewolf Power Role
Werewolf Goon

Traitor JOAT (Rolecop, Vest Inventor, Commuter)

The Traitor appears on both the Cop and Seer Checks.
They Know who the Mafia and Werewolves are and can win with either of them.

Chop Chop

Smash Cadet
I’m a Mafia Veteran. I’ve hosted plenty games before. I can get this rolling fairly quickly.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Mafia and Werewolves
14 Players

Cop
Seer
Town Power Role
Town Power Role
Town Power Role
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town

Mafia Power Role
Mafia Goon

Werewolf Power Role
Werewolf Goon

Are each of the JOAT abilities 1-shot? Is the vest given away or used on self, or do they have the choice? Lastly, could you PM me the power roles that are involved?

Chop Chop

Smash Cadet
Are each of the JOAT abilities 1-shot? Is the vest given away or used on self, or do they have the choice? Lastly, could you PM me the power roles that are involved?
JOAT is 3 1-Shot Abilities, Thus why it’s called a JOAT.
Vest Inventor can be used on anyone even self.
I’ll Privately DM you the Power Roles sure.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Got it. Feel free to host whenever. However, things are pretty slow right now, so it could be hard to fill a 14 person setup without active recruiting.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah I just saw the sign ups abd im down to play but 14s gonna be hard to fill here exactly like Xivii said and replacements even more of a challenge.

Chop Chop

Smash Cadet
Don’t worry.
I got the Signs covered. Know lots of people.
Game shouldn’t take any longer then 2 Weeks to fill.

Last edited:

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mafia and Werewolves
14 Players

Cop
Seer
Town Power Role
Town Power Role
Town Power Role
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town

Mafia Power Role
Mafia Goon

Werewolf Power Role
Werewolf Goon

So essentially Jungle Republic with extra swinginess and slots to fill for funsies?

ngl Im not particularly excited to play a game that clearly presents as follow the cop with 2 guaranteed cops and no clear roleblocker in the game for mafia counterplay

Wam

Smash Ace
How is your game looking? I have a semi open newbie friendly setup I can run after the current game is finished but don't want to jump the queue.

I have run it once before ages ago and basically there is a pool of 1 shot abilities that gets allocated out at random.

I can't find my notes but memory says bessie bessie May have played the first one.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
How is your game looking? I have a semi open newbie friendly setup I can run after the current game is finished but don't want to jump the queue.

I have run it once before ages ago and basically there is a pool of 1 shot abilities that gets allocated out at random.

I can't find my notes but memory says bessie bessie May have played the first one.
Chaos Mafia?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gonna put a thread up for people to sign up for the latest iteration of the standard mafiascum newbie setup, NewD3: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=NewD3

I'll just leave it up until it fills. If anyone else wants to host a different game and have sign ups going at the same time that is perfectly fine. I just want there to be an option open for an open setup that is newbie friendly so people can play a mostly mountainous setup that they know will be balanced. I haven't seen a mafiascum standard newbie setup run since F11 was the standard so I'm curious to see how the meta for the new one develops. Should be a good experience for vets and new players alike to sharpen up their fundamentals

Wam

Smash Ace
Gonna put a thread up for people to sign up for the latest iteration of the standard mafiascum newbie setup, NewD3: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=NewD3

I'll just leave it up until it fills. If anyone else wants to host a different game and have sign ups going at the same time that is perfectly fine. I just want there to be an option open for an open setup that is newbie friendly so people can play a mostly mountainous setup that they know will be balanced. I haven't seen a mafiascum standard newbie setup run since F11 was the standard so I'm curious to see how the meta for the new one develops. Should be a good experience for vets and new players alike to sharpen up their fundamentals
Will run mine after think it's the same player base we would be competing for.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Will run mine after think it's the same player base we would be competing for.
You don't have to wait man, go ahead and put your signups thread up whenever! We can let the players decide what game they want to play first, I'm in no rush to start mine but I just wanted to put the option out there to see if there's even any interest

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Unfortunate. I was saving my mana to play. Also dang, 2022? haha, we haven't even reached the 2021 halfway point.
I just know that the setup isn't ready yet, and I'm not in the mood for anything mafia recently. Don't want to host something that's not going to be balanced or fun for the players.

Top Bottom