• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UpB recovery + wall jump?

ilikepielol

Smash Rookie
At about 1:50 in this video the C.F. appears to do his upB recovery and does a wall kick to get even more distance, and then another upB recovery, although I cant tell if he is hit by the ganondorf so he can do the kick or not, anyone else have any experience with this?

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWKM9Dk1aXU

Hax

Smash Champion
smash runs 60 fps. when you're recovering, if you hug the wall and hit L/R you will have 20 frames to tech (1/3 of a second). if you time it incorrectly you wont be able to tech for your next 40 frames (2/3 of a second). you can either walltech or walljumptech, wallteching is hitting L/R while holding towards the stage which wont make you bounce off the stage, while wj-teching hitting L/R while holding any direction towards the stage other than DIRECTLY towards the stage (for example, northeast). aerial techs don't lag you so you can use moves right after them, such as up-b.

WayChuDat

Smash Apprentice
smash runs 60 fps. when you're recovering, if you hug the wall and hit L/R you will have 20 frames to tech (1/3 of a second). if you time it incorrectly you wont be able to tech for your next 40 frames (2/3 of a second). you can either walltech or walljumptech, wallteching is hitting L/R while holding towards the stage which wont make you bounce off the stage, while wj-teching hitting L/R while holding any direction towards the stage other than DIRECTLY towards the stage (for example, northeast). aerial techs don't lag you so you can use moves right after them, such as up-b.
uh. i only do the wall jump tech when i'm holding directly towards the stage. otherwise its just a tech

Hax

Smash Champion
..?

you tech by hitting L/R while holding towards the stage; you wjtech by hitting L/R while holding upwards and towards the stage. :confused:

JFizzle

Smash Apprentice
WTF? You don't have to hold in any direction to tech, just press L/R during the allowed frames. You CAN hold a direction other than Up, say, if you know how to wall-jump tech and always miss the timing for the regular tech and it helps you get the tech. But if you can't tech all together, don't complicate your life.

Also, wall-jump tech is done by just pressing up while teching, nothing more. You can hold in diagonal up to help you recover a bit if it helps you sleep at night. Go to training mode and set mines at the edge of the stage and try teching them.

Hax

Smash Champion
holding diagonal-up is much better because it provides correct DI as well, which helps a lot if you miss the tech. :)

i like to go to falco BtT and practice teching there. mines are ridiculously hard to tech for whatever reason; moves people use to edgeguard aren't nearly as hard to tech as mines are; not sure why though. :ohwell:

JFizzle

Smash Apprentice
Well, that depends on how fast the character edgeguards you. Say you recover against a Falco's Dair. If it hits you right when you come up to the stage level, it's the same timing as the mines. This is how I learned to edgetech, and I've never missed a tech since then. If it hits you after you pass the stage, the timing is different. Once you can tech mines, you can know exactly when to tech different attacks with different timings.

The thing with teching mines is that you have to press L/R early, unlike the BtT. Say you're hanging on the edge. Where Falcon's feet are, that is the spot where you should press L/R when you recover. Once you get the timing, you'll feel good about it. I've taught all my friends how to tech, so trust me, it works.

Top Bottom