• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UpB not activating

Taylor

Smash Cadet
I've run into this several times, and I have yet to see this addressed here (although I haven't looked very hard). Occasionally upb doesn't work off the edge, and what happens is that both Popo and Nana perform a solo IC upb move, even though they're right next to each other. I was just wondering if anyone had ran into this problem. It just seems like a major blow to an already gimpable recovery if you're forced to midair jump/dodge before executing upb.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
You have to be synched in order for it to work. If you're synched, Nana will teleport to you from anywhere. You aren't synched while tumbling and have to initiate an attack/airdodge/double jump in order to resynch before Belay.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Or you can just wiggle to end the tumbling. I like to do that before recovering with forward-B, as a co-op forward-B is much much better than a desynched one.

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
I don't even get the point of using belay. Squall is much better in that there is a good chance you can hit the opponent even if he/she is edgehogging while expecting you to use belay, you can gain more vertical and horizontal distance, and recover from under a stage. So why use Belay?

Miller

Smash Lord
I don't even get the point of using belay. Squall is much better in that there is a good chance you can hit the opponent even if he/she is edgehogging while expecting you to use belay, you can gain more vertical and horizontal distance, and recover from under a stage. So why use Belay?
Sorry, are you dumb?

The fact that when you use Up B, Nana has pure invincibility frames and instantly pulls Popo back up, making it a pretty safe recover, makes it the better recovery option

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, are you dumb?

The fact that when you use Up B, Nana has pure invincibility frames and instantly pulls Popo back up, making it a pretty safe recover, makes it the better recovery option
Even though Nana has invincibility when using it, Popo is left vulnerable waiting to be easily gimped by something like Lucas's PK thunder or Peach's turnips.

Top Bottom