• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

up-throw?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Sig'd

I will be the next wobbles. But I just realized, no matter how much cool grab stuff I do it won't be as good as wobbling...booo

EDIT: Unless I can start it at 0. YESS

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
ot's never to late to be gay PEEF, but this could be a tech chase vs puff if she jumps out popo upair/up-smash and if she dodges nana should be out of lag and to hit her with up-smash.

all theory I haven't tsted allllllllllll the details. could be mad useful if wobbling is banned.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I don't think its that awesomely useful, honestly.

However, it does work about as consistently, if not moreso than Dthrow>fair. Still, no combo>spike can every be totally essential because people can tech it, and techchasing missed techs is never very certain.

Still cool!

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Is there any advantage over d-throw f-air (besides maybe the couple extra damage from u-throw)?

I don't think its that awesomely useful, honestly.

However, it does work about as consistently, if not moreso than Dthrow>fair. Still, no combo>spike can every be totally essential because people can tech it, and techchasing missed techs is never very certain.

Still cool!
If my techchasing idea works out frame-wise, we have a potential way to every teching option except for one of the tech rolls. I don't think it works if you have to full-jump with Nana, though. I'll post more about it once I have a chance to test it out with someone.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
You can use uthrow to catch DI away. Cant do that with any consistency with dthrw.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Yes you can, you just f-air early. Unless you mean covering their tech options, but I think the same problem would exist from u-throw, if not more, because di away on a fj f-air takes them further away than di away on a sh f-air.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I don't know the up-throw feels more natural and there has to be a legit useful use for thier up-throw is doesn't suck by any means it's just how the ice climbers work that makes it not very useful.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Yes you can, you just f-air early. Unless you mean covering their tech options, but I think the same problem would exist from u-throw, if not more, because di away on a fj f-air takes them further away than di away on a sh f-air.
You do dthrow shfair on all characters? Instructions plz?

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Step 1: D-throw

Step 2: F-air and hit with the spike hitbox

Seriousness: You can time it so the f-air spikes at they are released from d-throw, just like you can grab during the handoff. Usually it's easy to time, although it gets tricky with some lighter characters like Jiggs at higher percentages.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Yeah thats the advantage.

Thanks Kyu, I didn't know you could guarantee the Fair "handoff style"

AshuRawRun

Smash Apprentice
When listening to this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKOngTfTMs0 I found out you can spike them out up-throw easily if you fair them up-stick, fair with the c-stick and di back and it should hit thme into the ground, what's cool is this works vs puff. ideas?
I've figured this out in April, I tried some new tactics with this, the best things that came upon my mind was to use this under a plateforme to make the oppenent fall on it and if with chance you manage to regrab him after you can do a ledgechaingrab on the plateforme.
It could be pretty useful on Battlefield I guess, anyways didn't managed to record a good combo with this yet... I'll try to get one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0bcNNslt48 tried it in this one at 2:03 but I missed...

Oh and nice song

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Mango and Hungrybox meet in a puff ditto once every 6 months. It really is not at all representative of the current metagame as a whole.

Top Bottom