• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up Smash

ThatGuy

Smash Master
It's the most broken move ever. Kills at just over 100% without degeneration on most characters. The secret to it is hitting behind his head. It has such an insane hitbox that it's a lot more beneficial to face away from the person to attack them. Works great with Bair poking. Try facing away and charging it, a lot of people will get fooled.

Discuss.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
It's the most broken move ever. Kills at just over 100% without degeneration on most characters. The secret to it is hitting behind his head. It has such an insane hitbox that it's a lot more beneficial to face away from the person to attack them. Works great with Bair poking. Try facing away and charging it, a lot of people will get fooled.

Discuss.
yes i love Usmash! Someone recognizes its potential. Combining it with Reverse Hyphen smash even lengthen's the use of it.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Indeed, Usmash pwns somethin fierce. Usmash actually has a surprisingly high priority as well. This is one of those attacks that I have to force myself not to use so often to keep it at KO power when I need it. It's so easy to land, it's insane.

Discuss.
i dont no if it kills just over 100%. its easy 2 land yes, but i usually have 2 get my enemy up 2 150% then use u smash even on light characters. mayb it has 2 b sweetspotted? if anybody can gimme some pointers id appreciate it.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
undiminished and sweetspotted. Should kill under 150% without either on anyone under snake or boozer's weight class

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Mario's U-smash IMO is Mario's best undiminished kill move.

Also, while not as important for Mario, you can slide twice as far Dash attack canceling U-smashing as opposed to just Hyphen Smashing (well, Mario hardly slides at all Hyphen Smashing btw). Difficult to pull off, but I think that extra distance can be helpful.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Mario's U-smash IMO is Mario's best undiminished kill move.

Also, while not as important for Mario, you can slide twice as far Dash attack canceling U-smashing as opposed to just Hyphen Smashing (well, Mario hardly slides at all Hyphen Smashing btw). Difficult to pull off, but I think that extra distance can be helpful.
didn't think it was possible =/

L__

Smash Master
@nasir123: Do you know what you're talking about?

@everyone: You all restated the same things over and over again. Please stop. Thank you.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
didn't think it was possible =/
Dash-attack cancel U-smash is possible with all characters (although I have not been able to pull it off with Fox or MK). It's just not useful for all characters, which is lame IMO. You can even do this with G&W, but it stops his momentum completely. O_o

undiminished and sweetspotted. Should kill under 150% without either on anyone under snake or boozer's weight class
what do u mean undimished? does that mean tha 1st few times its stronger? and where does it have 2 b sweetspotted tha back, front or over his head? also do u no where i can find a list of tha weight classes in ssbb in order from lightest 2 heavyest or vice-versa?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
what do u mean undimished? does that mean tha 1st few times its stronger? and where does it have 2 b sweetspotted tha back, front or over his head? also do u no where i can find a list of tha weight classes in ssbb in order from lightest 2 heavyest or vice-versa?
He means that the move is fresh. No move decay is applied. If you keep using the same move over and over again, the damage and the knockback will be reduced or known as diminished I believe. I think the back of his head is the sweet spot where it applies most damage and knockback.

Edit: Found the weight list hope it's right one.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=162374

He means that the move is fresh. No move decay is applied. If you keep using the same move over and over again, the damage and the knockback will be reduced or known as diminished I believe. I think the back of his head is the sweet spot where it applies most damage and knockback.

Edit: Found the weight list hope it's right one.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=162374
thanx 4 tha dimished part but about tha sweetpot u think u dont no right? i want 2 hear it from somebody who knows. thanx 4 tha weight classes 2.

Ranjiz

Smash Apprentice
I've played several games this morning and I actually realized the difference between hitting with UP smash in front and in back. Accidentally, i hit zero samus with the back of up smash and boy did I notice a huge hit spot and it hit two times!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Last time I tested, Mario's U-smash did not seem to have a sweetspot from what I saw.

Top Bottom