• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up smash frame trap?

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
There have been a couple of times when I was subconsciously trolling opponents I was fighting, I would uptilt them at low %s, then when they come down I would try to up smash them to hit or force an air dodge and if they landed beside me (which they did 90% because I would hyphen upsmash it for the slide towards where they are aiming) they air dodge into the ground and suffer that lag so I just up tilt again rinse and repeating.

Anyone notice/abuse something like that.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
But do you time it so that it comes out like a few frames before they would get hit?

Maybe it's just the over defensive players I'm used to ( the ones that do nothing but air dodge after being launched)

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
But do you time it so that it comes out like a few frames before they would get hit?

Maybe it's just the over defensive players I'm used to ( the ones that do nothing but air dodge after being launched)
Well I usually get a free hit whenever they decide to land on my head. The other case is that they land away from me. I understand what you are trying to say and I am sure it could work, the strange thing for me is that those who decide to land on top of my head and airdodge never decide to change their falling direction while airdodging, so they just get hit by the uSmash anyway.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Yeah that's a common occurance I've noticed at times, elaborting further on what you said, if they jump to avoid the up smash dependING on the character we probably can just run over and do it again.

I remember in brawl where like everyone and their mother punished us for up tilting them at 0% now it's not that bad.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
She has alot of airdodge traps. As long as you force an airdodge close to the ground she has a plethora of options. Her U-smash can be meaty and when they get out of aridodge they get hit or you do something to punish. If they jump away you still hold advantage.

She seriously has more traps then any char in the game. Just experiment and see what you can come up with.

Top Bottom