• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up coming possibilities

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
With Lucas coming out soon and the probability of another balance patch seeming somewhat plausible it's got me thinking, Where would DeDeDe be right now if he hadn't received his nerfs in 1.0.4? What would you guys like to see happen to the king if a balance update is implemented on the 14th?

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
He wasn't nerfed thaaaat badly in the first place and honestly, other than the Gordo getting knocked back earlier, I never really felt the difference.
I doubt D3 would be super popular had he not gotten nerfed anyway. It'd be the same situation as it is now.

And since he wasn't changed into the Mewtwo patch, I think Sakurizzle is going to leave the king alone patchwisr from now on unless some serious exploit rushes him to the top.

But I don't really expect a new balance patch so soon again in the first place soooo.

Last edited:

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
I feel like the change from a 3% threshold to 2% was kind of a big deal for certain match ups. I personally felt the difference in the knock back growth from the Dthrow as well basically making certain combos out of Dthrow stop at an earlier % than before. I feel over all that the nerfs were completely unjustified considering the characters place in competitive play.

I know that the idea of another balance update is kind of odd, but I still think it's plausible. I just would really like to see some love for the king.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Yeah I know, bu it really was such a long time ago. It's hard to remember what even happened. No point in stewing over what might have been.

Lol I honestly really hope they just leave him alone. No buffs and no nerfs.

I'm afraid if he gets buffed people will play him and I won't be the only D3 player in my community anymore. :p

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
The first patch barely had an impact on Dedede, and I can't see him getting "fixed" anytime soon. Shame.

axelalexzander

Smash Cadet
The only glaring buff Dedede needs is less ending lag on inhale, just like Kirby got in the Mewtwo patch. The ending lag on it is stupidly long. Other than that I think he's in a decent spot as a character.

I think D3 (and all other super heavyweights - Bowser, DK, Charizard, Gannon) should get a decent kill throw as well to help them be more competitive with rush down types but that's me dreaming.

Hopefully they tone down some of the top tier characters and that will give D3 some buffs indirectly.

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I think D3 (and all other super heavyweights - Bowser, DK, Charizard, Gannon) should get a decent kill throw as well to help them be more competitive with rush down types but that's me dreaming.
It IS actually a little ironic that the heavyweights are so strong, yet they can barely throw a ball of paper in a trash can.

But Dedede isn't so bad. FThrow does kill most of the cast at around 140%. Which is nice, if I'm having trouble killing someone.

Jatayu

Regal Eagle
3DS FC
4227-4062-5258
If I had to realistic though, I would have to say that we'll (sadly) stay the same, benefiting from nerfs of others.
But if that blonde buxom bruiser doesn't get a nerf, I will use someone with a crouch that invalidates half her moveset as a secondary. She's just so... unpunishable, no matter who I use.

Marth, Lucina, and Samus will probably be buffed. And maybe some wii fit trainer love.
And for those Wii U owners, have fun with miiverse. Be sure to screenshot some marvelous portraits of the king (and also wario, meta knight, charizard, and wii fit trainer) while you smash about.

And in response to grabs, pretty sure charizard is considered the best of the heavies when it comes to grabs. Sadly with that beautiful grab range, he has no real combos off them (he can act out of his back throw very early though), but they give him good control of the stage and can lead to an edgeguard situation where he can rack up some damage with flamethrower. And down throw is a kill throw, though it's not ness back throw insane. So... now you know in case you fight a charizard that knows what he's doing.
EDIT: 1.0.8 gave Charizard a combo throw in his down throw and up-throw is now a kill move. Huzzah! Now if only King Dedede got some better frame data...

Last edited:

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
I don't get how you guys see the threshold change as minor. I believe it would make certain MUs more reasonable if it was back to 3%.

Haha imagine Bthrow actually killing that'd be hilarious. Though like Axel said nerfs to higher tiers would indirectly favor D3 which would be nice. I just personally don't like crying for nerfs. I'd rather cry for buffs lol

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I don't get how you guys see the threshold change as minor. I believe it would make certain MUs more reasonable if it was back to 3%.

Haha imagine Bthrow actually killing that'd be hilarious. Though like Axel said nerfs to higher tiers would indirectly favor D3 which would be nice. I just personally don't like crying for nerfs. I'd rather cry for buffs lol
Like I said, it was such a long time ago, there is seriously no point in thinking about it anymore. This is what we've had for over half a year now. We just gotta deal with it.

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
Like I said, it was such a long time ago, there is seriously no point in thinking about it anymore. This is what we've had for over half a year now. We just gotta deal with it.

You're right, and that's the objective way to view it.

Though a King can dream....

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
You're right, and that's the objective way to view it.

Though a King can dream....
I know how you feel. But think of it this way: The worse people think Dedesy is, the saltier their tears are when we dominate their Shieks and their Rosalinas.

Just play the game and make D3's tools work, because they do.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I know how you feel. But think of it this way: The worse people think Dedesy is, the saltier their tears are when we dominate their Shieks and their Rosalinas.

Just play the game and make D3's tools work, because they do.
They work, and we know they work, but there are many other tools that simply work better, so I don't think it's too outrageous to ask for a real KO throw.
I mean, he lost his old bair and can't even shorthop his fair.
There's nothing wrong with wanting a good character, or a hitbox at the top half of Charizard's bair.

I know what we've been given and I know that we just have to cope with it, but it really feels like people are compromising for less and actually looking down on others who want better for this game, not necessarily in this exact situation, but definitely since the game came out.

I don't have an issue "dealing with it" because we all have been, but I think it's nice to at least hope for better.

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
I think we can all agree that the changes from Brawl to Smash 4 were huge nerfs, even if he received some tools that were better than a few things he had in Brawl, the loss of Bair and the nerfed grab range was disgustingly huge. Then for whatever reason they nerfed in 1.0.4 which most of you consider not a big deal, I still think it was not warranted.

I feel as though Sakurai wanted to tone D3 down as to not "favor" his own representation in the Smash series.

Anyways this thread was more so just day dreaming, not just crying or stewing about the past. Though I am frustrated because I've dumped an unreal amount of time into D3 since 3DS release and it bugs me that he's sub par, especially in a custom environment.

For the most part I share PCHU's opinion.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
This VERY WELL may be placebo and I haven't fully checked myself yet (I have an exam in three hours ;_;) BUT... did they decrease landing lag on all of our aerials?

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
This VERY WELL may be placebo and I haven't fully checked myself yet (I have an exam in three hours ;_;) BUT... did they decrease landing lag on all of our aerials?
Nope, everything is the same, including landing lag.

No changes to Dedesy whatsoever.

Jatayu

Regal Eagle
3DS FC
4227-4062-5258
Well, this has been a disappointing patch for the king. Not even a faster jab combo despite charizard and ike getting one. There's always October's patch at least.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Nope, everything is the same, including landing lag.

No changes to Dedesy whatsoever.
Could someone check out Inhale for me, though? This is almost CERTAINLY placebo but it felt like they speed up the frame data for default inhale.

Another thing, dthrow seemed to have slightly more knockback growth - again, could very well just be placebo. I didn't notice anything else besides those two things, but I wasn't actively looking for differences.

T4ylor

Smash Journeyman
Only noticeable change was to up smash. They fixed the Hitbox so that it doesn't whiff next to him anymore. Can someone see if forward air's hitbox was fixed too?

axelalexzander

Smash Cadet
I played maybe 10 matches today on For Glory, didn't notice any changes. Granted I wasn't really looking for them either though, I didn't think Nintendo was doing any balancing in this update.

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
I haven't noticed any differences yet either. Seems for the most part that DDD is unchanged. Honestly a shame.

axelalexzander

Smash Cadet
I've had a change of heart after seeing the massive buffs that another super heavyweight, Charizard, got this patch. If they're gonna give a super heavyweight that kind of love, no reason why Dedede shouldn't get something as well. Is Zard higher on the tier list than Dedede now?

Looks like the developers may actually be looking to balance this game for 1v1 after all. No reason Dedede shouldn't get some kind of love. Making Dedede's Upthrow a kill throw just like Charizard I think would be totally fair. I don't think that would make him overpowered at all. But I do think that would go a long ways towards making him viable in tournaments.

Last edited:

axelalexzander

Smash Cadet
All I care about is the diddy nerfs we go even now and I never had a problem with sheik.
But we still are losing by a little or a lot to nearly all of the other high/top tiers. I personally still think Diddy is beating us solidly.

Last edited:

PCHU

Smash Lord
I've had a change of heart after seeing the massive buffs that another super heavyweight, Charizard, got this patch. If they're gonna give a super heavyweight that kind of love, no reason why Dedede shouldn't get something as well. Is Zard higher on the tier list than Dedede now?

Looks like the developers may actually be looking to balance this game for 1v1 after all. No reason Dedede shouldn't get some kind of love. Making Dedede's Upthrow a kill throw just like Charizard I think would be totally fair. I don't think that would make him overpowered at all. But I do think that would go a long ways towards making him viable in tournaments.
To be fair, Charizard doesn't have the advantage of extended disjointed hitboxes nor does he have a real offstage game like Dedede.
He has flamethrower, but aside from that, he generally has to get in close to do much of anything, so it'd make sense that he'd get a little more off of grab.
Even with the new semi-combo throw and KO uthrow, Dedede's still looks to be better.

All that being said, I would definitely not object to faster moves overall since I feel that's what the lower tiers are lacking.

KingJames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KingJames95
3DS FC
4270-1781-8413
But we still are losing by a little or a lot to nearly all of the other high/top tiers. I personally still think Diddy is beating us solidly.
We go even with sheik and I do well vs pika and mario bros, rosa a pain in the ass, theses are me beating the best of each character in my state.

Top Bottom