• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up-B through edge

TheFast

Smash Lord
Its just like wolf's except you have to hit with the Up-B to go "through" the floor, if u don't it will look like u DIed around it. now the exact timing to go through the stage which results in a teleport-like motion is a little trick to get. What you do is;
1)grab the side
2) mash down on the analog stick
3) DJ facing the stage then DI away
4) Up-B right after ur jump animation starts
Note: even if you dont go through the edge this still catches people standing near the edge.

(P.S. sorry if this is already known)

Tenki

Smash Hero
Ah! You brought to mind something I saw on the Ganonboards to do shoryuken through the edge-

If you're doing upB and don't want to sweetspot the ledge, hold down as you get near it. it's nice for Ganondorf because they have the uppercut at the end of their up-B. I guess Falcon can use it to get people on the edge with Falcon Dive.

TheFast

Smash Lord
All you have to do is edgehop it and it works. No need for all this DI stuff.
you know i mean captain falcon disappears and reappears grabbing the person right over the edge right? not just catching them (its the same thing this way just looks cooler :laugh:)

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
you know i mean captain falcon disappears and reappears grabbing the person right over the edge right? not just catching them (its the same thing this way just looks cooler :laugh:)
Ah, I've gotcha. I thought you were just making some edgehop mumbo jumbo. I'll have to try this out.

goodoldganon:

I realized that DeDeDe was never going to mesh with me to the degree that I want my main/secondaries to, so I dropped him as a secondary. Ike is still fun but he's so cheap that I can't use him with good conscience. lol I played a bit with Fox and he really meshed well with me, so I'm taking him on as my lone secondary right now. I'm probably going to add another secondary in the next couple days though, so look out! :)

TheFast

Smash Lord
ive done it on smashville and FD so far im not sure on the spacing to do it right it happens like 1/20 times i do it so it must have some sweet spot to it

Tenki

Smash Hero
oh i c wut u did thar now

Falcon's up-B 'teleport' is limited to a short range slightly in front of him, and partly above/in front of/in his trajectory when he first starts the move.

and you're taking advantage of it by dropping (kinda 'out of range' for your opponent) and then using this 'sweetspot' to 'teleport' into the guy, right?

TheFast

Smash Lord
yah its a very weird thing i have yet to do it with gannondorf and im starting to think he cant now because of the way they made his an attack and a grab

jakescakes

Smash Rookie
Sorry if this is a noob question but

I don't understand the DI part, how is that done? what is it? All i know is that it stands for Directional Influence, nothing more.

I have seen this done with Wolf so that he teleports to the middle of the stage, is this the same effect???

TheFast

Smash Lord
You should be able to find a wolf video easy if u search for it. I remember a lot of people made them when it was first discovered.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Sorry if this is a noob question but

I don't understand the DI part, how is that done? what is it? All i know is that it stands for Directional Influence, nothing more.

I have seen this done with Wolf so that he teleports to the middle of the stage, is this the same effect???
DI, or Directional Influence, is the Aerial Control mechanism you use to direct your character after a knockback.

Top Bottom