• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up-B has invincibility

Doval

Smash Lord
Didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but if it has been posted already or if it's common knowledge, disregard.

Sonic's Up-B has invincibility until he can act/attack. Lets you go through people's attacks if they're close and coming from above.

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
are you talking about the moment when you actually are touching the spring? Because you can D-air rather quickly out of the jump.

Elaborate a bit more, I'd like to know exactly when this is.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Yes I noticed this earlier today. The second after you hear the "boing", there are SAF's in effect.
When Pit's fair was used on me and it didn't effect me, I was like, "ZOMG! HAX!"

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Sonic's isn't just SAF, it's definite invincibility. I went through Bowser's flames multiple times and didn't take any damage.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
You can see the yellow-white flashing a few frames after the spring activates. So he is invincible.

Better start using it to escape "combos"

Browny

Smash Hater
omg this is so awesome. Instant escape from dedede's chain grab. i was in a mini torney today, the dedede guy was so predictable, went for the chain gran non stop and spring making me invincible worked every single time :D

Top Bottom