• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

up and down aerials

mickomoo

Smash Rookie
Bowser's is way too slow to even attempt, I actually find my self attempting to use it because I need an effective aerial.

I generally try using his fortress while moving through the air to replace it. While it lacks power, it makes up for maneuverability. I can usually get a hit on my opponent (if I aim properly) land close to them, and possibly hit them as their landing. However is the Up aerial too good to ignore, or does it have a better replacement?

In addition what do you think of Bowser's down aerial? I generally use it when I'm coming from the air to prevent my opponents from attempting to harm me.

EazyP

Smash Ace
Uair is awesome when you can hit it, massive range and damage. I usually use it when my opponent is stuck on a platform right when they finish teching or recovering, since it can take up most of the platform. You can also use it on fast fallers

Dair...not much use really, it cuts through a few things but really not all that useful when you can nair or fair

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Uair is brilliant, your opponent is in the air, you jump up and towards slighty, wait for them to jump to try and dodge then you DJ Uair and they're dead. Brilliant.

mickomoo

Smash Rookie
Uair is awesome when you can hit it, massive range and damage. I usually use it when my opponent is stuck on a platform right when they finish teching or recovering, since it can take up most of the platform. You can also use it on fast fallers

Dair...not much use really, it cuts through a few things but really not all that useful when you can nair or fair
could his nair be used in the same way I use his dair? I also find his fair hard to use. I only attempt to use it when an opponent is in the air and moving towards me.

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
Yo So I used link the other day, and I did an Uair to a blocking Jigglypuff, and I went behind his shield on the way down, and kept him in blockstun after hitting him. And did another aerial afterwards. The frames on Link's Uair last a long time so I'm not sure. So can Bowser's hitbox on his Uair hit behind him if he is close enough to the opponent? If so I think that is useful.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
It hits slightly behind him, but just get underneath him to be sure. How would it be considered useful, it's just hitting them with a move lol

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
I need new tactics..my Bowser is getting predictable. And yes Bowser sucks I know. But he needs something to keep him fresh. That was all lol. Not really a question I just wanted to see if I could get away with doing an aerial, and not getting shieldgrabbed. I wanted to use the Link Uair shffl reverse tactic I learned in order to give Bowser some ups on his spacing game. That's all.

mickomoo

Smash Rookie
I see. I've been praticing his uair on cpus and I realize that it's irreplaceable. Bowser has some pretty strong aerials. With his up air it's about timeing. Any ideas on how to work on the timeing?

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
Uair? Bad? nooo

timed correctly its one of bowsers most effective KO moves

as for timing it right, use it under platforms SHFFLed and as they fall.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
you jump once, and on noobier players they waste their double.. then it's upair time..

Against effective players its a lot harder.

Flayl

Smash Hero
From my experience, reading up on his movepool and as well as vids, it seems like you want to avoid direct vertical airs with bowser (meaning no platforms)

is this a true statement? I guess the best you could do is move to the side of the expected landing spot and try to fortress/klaw/fair from there

Flayl

Smash Hero
avoid being directly above your opponent and avoid using Uair unless your opponent will land/is on a platform

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
You can intercept a lot of people with a few mindgames on the uair, even without a platform.

And as a general rule of thumb you don't want to be above anyone. Upward attacks usually have priority over downward ones, and being in the air also limits your mobility.

When you're Bowser, you need all the mobility you can get.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Do you have any videoclips of that? I'm at a complete loss how to bait someone into Bowser's Uair

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
bowser's up air is very useful, learn to use it.

as for the down air, I find it a good approach for opponents directly below you, becasue bowser's nuetral air can be poked through from below easily while the D air cannot. but if your comeing for an angle, then F air if they are in front of you and B air(situational) if they are behind you (Nair can replace it if the situation calls for it). Nair is only good for a quik attack if you cant get a B or Fair out quikly enough. I personaly find Bowser's N air to be the least effective out of them all.

DaBRÜM

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, i almost never use the Nair. As for the Uair, it is amazing, even without platforms when your opponent is directly above you you can jump up and use the uair, and if they try and fastfall to hit you out of it, you can fastfall to and you can land before them and your back at point A, but if you hit them, they are probably dead! And the Dair i usually never use because it has so much lag even L canceled(maybe it is just me)so usually even if you hit with it, it usually doesnt get you anywhere

Top Bottom