• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unsung Master's improved(?) Emerald Team

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
To keep it short, I basically had a thread regarding my own team a while ago, but I think it got swept away without replies :( So here's my NEW Emerald Team, revamped and redone.

1) Slaking, M, 80, Careful
Item: Focus Band
Skill Swap
Flail
Slack Off
Focus Punch
Change: Replaced my sleep-balanced Snorlax (rest, sleep talk, snore, metranome)
smashman90 suggested Focus Punch, which I just put on to replace Metranome. Also went back to the tutor and replaced Yawn with Flail.

2) Flygon, F, 82, Impish
Item: Soothe Bell
Attract
Fly
Swords Dance
Return
Change: None

3) Magneton, N/A, 82, Lonely
Item: Scope Lens
Zap Cannon
Toxic
Reflect
Lock On
Change: Mimic and Reflect were previously Protect and Facade
Also tutored Mimic to be replaced with Lock On.

4) Rayquaza, N/A, 85, Bold
Item: Dragon Fang
Overheat
Blizzard
Outrage
Dragon Dance
Change: Previously held Shell Bell

5) Ludicolo, M, 88, Jolly
Item: Sea Incense
Rain Dance
Giga Drain
Surf
Solar Beam
Change: Solar Beam was previously Waterfall

6) Blaziken, M, 91, Brave
Item: Black Belt
Sky Uppercut
Blaze Kick
Earthquake
Strength
Change: None

Comments and move/item replacments appreciated. Just tell me why plz :)

outofdash I just taught my Ludicolo Solar Beam on Tuesday, but thank you for the tip. I'll get a replacment asap. I'm also looking at Skill Swap on my Slaking right now. So unless I have some sort of whacked-out game, Slaking learns Skill Swap.

smashman90

Smash Lord
If I remember correctly skill swap switches the abilities of both pokemon right? Well I would keep that on your Slaking and put Substitute and Focus Punch and I don't know what the last move would be. Doesn't Soothe Bell just make the pokemon more friendlier? Plus your Flygon doesn't seem to have great attacks in general. Your Magneton isn't the greatest either, and the chances of you hitting somebody with zap cannon are slim. So unless you prefer power over accuracy then get rid of zap cannon. Rayquaza, let me get back to you on that one. . .
Your Ludicolo looks similar to the special sweeper Ludicolo on smogon except for that it doesn't have Ice Beam and no lefties. Blaziken is sort of a bad idea since alot of people use earthquake and sometimes HP Flying . But then again, it has a diverse movepool, so changing it's moveset might be a good idea. And get rid of most of those held items, since most of these just increase certain moves. Scope lens and focus bands are alright though.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Your team is awful. I'm inclined to think you're going for a theme or something because you'd lose in any serious/semi-serious match.

First off, get rid of mimic, metranome, skill swap, fly, and strength. After you do that and confirm that your team isn't a joke team then I'll help you.

Not trying to be mean or anything.

MasterMatt

Smash Journeyman
Your team is awful. I'm inclined to think you're going for a theme or something because you'd lose in any serious/semi-serious match.

First off, get rid of mimic, metranome, skill swap, fly, and strength. After you do that and confirm that your team isn't a joke team then I'll help you.

Not trying to be mean or anything.
i totally agree with this. ditch metronome for sure and get some better natures for these pokemon...

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Slaking doesn't learn Skill Swap. Flygon doesn't learn Swords Dance. Solarbeam takes an extra turn to charge in the rain. Dragon Dance increases attack, and you have all special attacks on Rayquaza.

Top Bottom