• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unorthodox Sonic approach

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Every now and then while I'm online, or playing some of my friends, I catch myself approaching strangely here and there, and making a profit from the approach.

For example, I've noticed that I'm starting to dash toward an opponent, then short hop an uair right next to them on the ground.

Also, I'm pretty sure everyone has at one point approached with a bair, right? I've actually gotten some pretty funny KOs with this one, since the attack connects with the center of his body as well.

Anyone have any strange approaches they would like to share?

R4ZE

Smash Ace
Bair has a pretty amazing hit box as far as sonic is concerned. if i know sum1 is high enuff to die to it... i try to land it honestly probly too much.

w/e works man.

but thats whats fun about sonic, he can do a lot of different things.

Boxob

Smash Champion
Short hop uair is a good approach. His feet swing in an upwards motiom but the initial hitbox is almost right infront of Sonic. It has more priority than a fair. :o

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
The weirdest approach with Sonic is walking. Period.

Think I'm kidding? Try it. It's the best Sonic mind game ever.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
LOL at the above. Walking Sonic is awesome throw off. I've seen it cause people to start grabbing or shielding randomly.

The funniest thing happened to me today when I was playing online. I never really spammed my taunts before, because I thought it was kinda rude, but today I decided I wanted to try it.

At the beginning of some matches, I ran halfway across FD with Sonic, then Side taunted. I had people shielding against it, LOL.

J18

Smash Journeyman
umm i have a great one against mario.
so i knocked mario off fd at about 120 percent, and i went off stage to pursue for the kill. when i was within range of attacking, i accidently did a Bair, and mario used his cape at the exact same moment, so his cape turned my Bair around and i kicked the **** out of him and he died.

JiangWei23

Smash Journeyman
umm i have a great one against mario.
so i knocked mario off fd at about 120 percent, and i went off stage to pursue for the kill. when i was within range of attacking, i accidently did a Bair, and mario used his cape at the exact same moment, so his cape turned my Bair around and i kicked the **** out of him and he died.
If this was replayed/recorded that would be AMAZING. xD

Top Bottom