• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

Zaelkath

Smash Rookie
I'm also getting freezes. I thought maybe it had something to do with the change to one of his win animations (I think you mentioned something about him holding the metroid longer?) so I tried dropping the old intro files onto my SD card (using hackless Wii U) but it still froze. I've tried every configuration I can think of, even as far as installing only the FitPit files, and still no dice.

Though to be fair, I'm fairly inexperienced with modding brawl. I have modded games like Oblivion, Fallout, and Skyrim for MANY years though so that's where I'm pulling my guessing work from.

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
I hate to say it but he does freeze on the Wii.
This bites man, he's so much better now.
This is why I cannot have nice things lol. I'm gonna add some files to 1.0 from this 1.75 and make a better version of 1.0 using the remains of its future forms
I hope the updated down special won't cause it to crash.
I'm sure the fixed costumes won't.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
What is the file that specifically fixed the down smash glitch, or whatever you'd like to call it lol
FitPit.pac. And without it, you won't have his moveset. Only animations.
I can say with 100% certainty that its one of the moves that causes the glitch. Now time to locate said move.
I doubt it.
I'm also getting freezes. I thought maybe it had something to do with the change to one of his win animations (I think you mentioned something about him holding the metroid longer?) so I tried dropping the old intro files onto my SD card (using hackless Wii U) but it still froze. I've tried every configuration I can think of, even as far as installing only the FitPit files, and still no dice.

Though to be fair, I'm fairly inexperienced with modding brawl. I have modded games like Oblivion, Fallout, and Skyrim for MANY years though so that's where I'm pulling my guessing work from.
That change was done only to one animation and even then through special code that slows down animation. If that would be the reason, then other win animations wouldn't crash the game.
I can't even see what has been changed since the game locks up on the stage builder. I can't even access Project M to see how Ridley fares!
Well, thats something new.

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
(I'll be updating this post as I further this tedious process)
FitPit Glitch
FitPit00.pac no Glitch
FitPit00.pcs no Glitch
FitPit01.pac no Glitch
FitPit01.pcs no Glitch
FitPit02.pac no Glitch
FitPit02.pcs no Glitch
FitPit03.pac no Glitch
FitPit03.pcs no Glitch
FitPit04.pac no Glitch
FitPit04.pcs no Glitch
FitPit05.pac no Glitch
FitPit05.pcs no Glitch
FitPit06.pac no Glitch
FitPit06.pcs no Glitch
FitPit07.pac no Glitch
FitPit07.pcs no Glitch
FitPit08.pac no Glitch
FitPit08.pcs no Glitch
FitPit09.pac no Glitch
FitPit09.pcs no Glitch
FitPitFinal.pac no Glitch
FitPitMotionEtc.pac no Glitch
FitPitSpy.pac no Glitch
FitPitSpy.pcs no Glitch

Last edited:

ggmonx

Smash Cadet
@ Weiss Weiss if it is caused by something in the fighter folder it wouldnt be the skins as if 1 works then they should all work since they just have different colors.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
(I'll be updating this post as I further this tedious process)
FitPit Glitch
FitPit00.pac no Glitch
FitPit00.pcs no Glitch
FitPit01.pac no Glitch
FitPit01.pcs no Glitch
FitPit02.pac no Glitch
FitPit02.pcs no Glitch
FitPit03.pac no Glitch
FitPit03.pcs
FitPit04.pac
FitPit04.pcs
FitPit05.pac
FitPit05.pcs
FitPit06.pac
FitPit06.pcs
FitPit07.pac
FitPit07.pcs
FitPit08.pac
FitPit08.pcs
FitPit09.pac
FitPit09.pcs
FitPitFinal.pac
FitPitMotionEtc.pac
FitPitSpy.pac
FitPitSpy.pcs
All FitPit0X and FitPitSpy files are same except for textures, so, go straight for Final and MotionEtc.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Just did a bit more testing, and I did get one freeze, but it only happened once (after losing a couple stock matches in a row, one of which was on purpose). When I booted it up again, I played a couple more matches (won one of 'em), as well as entering & exiting from training mode, and still no freezes again.

I guess the issue causing it MIGHT be existent for me as well, but is not nearly as common on my end. I dunno... But if any experimenting by Blackhound or someone produces desired results (while still having the gameplay changes with Ridley that came after 1.0), then I may try that still if it works better for others, but for now I guess I'm alright.

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
All FitPit0X and FitPitSpy files are same except for textures, so, go straight for Final and MotionEtc.
Only one issue. First file. Every other file is fine.
And just to be safe I triple checked every file with every possible outcome. Win, lose, etc.
First file is the issue. I really hoped I helped lmao
Also, I REALLY wished I read your post earlier.

Last edited:

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to make a video on this mod. It'll be posted to youtube tomorrow, so you can see what I find that might be broken or even try to single out what makes the game freeze up on console. I'll post a link to it first chance I get, once I figure out where the render video button is in my new video editor.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Only one issue. First file. Every other file is fine.
And just to be safe I triple checked every file with every possible outcome. Win, lose, etc.
First file is the issue. I really hoped I helped lmao
Also, I REALLY wished I read your post earlier.
Well, better be sure than...something. Forgot how it goes after that.
Just did a bit more testing, and I did get one freeze, but it only happened once (after losing a couple stock matches in a row, one of which was on purpose). When I booted it up again, I played a couple more matches (won one of 'em), as well as entering & exiting from training mode, and still no freezes again.

I guess the issue causing it MIGHT be existent for me as well, but is not nearly as common on my end. I dunno... But if any experimenting by Blackhound or someone produces desired results (while still having the gameplay changes with Ridley that came after 1.0), then I may try that still if it works better for others, but for now I guess I'm alright.
I do get freezing after a lot of matches (but it happens with other characters like Ganondorf, so...idunno) or just few matches against Samus (what a coincedence), but i guess its good to know im not alone.

To prove im not lying about having no issues:

It crashed only upon encountering "Challenger approaching" Luigi, but thats because stage he should have appeared on (Dracula's Castle) was replaced with Pyrosphere and it doesn't works with Iso Builder.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Well, better be sure than...something. Forgot how it goes after that.

I do get freezing after a lot of matches (but it happens with other characters like Ganondorf, so...idunno) or just few matches against Samus (what a coincedence), but i guess its good to know im not alone.

To prove im not lying about having no issues:

It crashed only upon encountering "Challenger approaching" Luigi, but thats because stage he should have appeared on (Dracula's Castle) was replaced with Pyrosphere and it doesn't works with Iso Builder.
Had to make sure I was 100% correct about the choice so you knew what it was too.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Another thing. Animation for Neutral Special doesn't make sense. Fireball comes out chest and he ***** head forward after its launched. Lol which files is that amigo?
:Edit:
Man, whats up with that censor I didn't even curse. *tucks?

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Another thing. Animation for Neutral Special doesn't make sense. Fireball comes out chest and he ***** head forward after its launched. Lol which files is that amigo?
Everything related to coding and attacks is in FitPit.pac. And what you described should not happen unless you didn't used/deleted FitPit.pac.

Amarok

Smash Rookie
I'm still crashing too.

Also, why does his fair move him forward automatically? I just find that kinda weird.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
I got a feeling that I get this result because I have 1.0's moves with 1.75's animation. Forgot about that.
Really makes me realize how much effort your putting into his animation and making him balanced.
Yeah, I cannot thank you enough haha.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I got a feeling that I get this result because I have 1.0's moves with 1.75's animation. Forgot about that.
Really makes me realize how much effort your putting into his animation and making him balanced.
Yeah, I cannot thank you enough haha.
...that explains everything.
I'm still crashing too.

Also, why does his fair move him forward automatically? I just find that kinda weird.
No idea. Maybe because of his high aerial mobility? Or because Brawl character was used as a base instead of PM character.

Last edited:

Lord Jasus

Smash Rookie
Okay so maybe its just me, but Fthrow feels way too good.
Like a free stock if everything lines up nicely. Its not even that hard either, is there some way you're supposed to DI this? because If I can get them offstage (which is almost always) Fair is way too easy to hit and then you can continue to death. Im not saying its guaranteed but for a 0 to death combo it happens way too easy.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Okay so maybe its just me, but Fthrow feels way too good.
Like a free stock if everything lines up nicely. Its not even that hard either, is there some way you're supposed to DI this? because If I can get them offstage (which is almost always) Fair is way too easy to hit and then you can continue to death. Im not saying its guaranteed but for a 0 to death combo it happens way too easy.
Don't know. I don't think that can be fixed without completly replacing it, but then he will lose one of his well-known attacks.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
I love all his grabs they are perfection and they are something to be proud of, they've lasted the longest lol. You get punished heavily if you miss so it's best to use the grabs after Down Special.
And yeah, I thought that was the case. Seems like only Neutral was affected, should I change all the animations back to 1.5 or replace that one if possible? Like is there a specific file for the animation of Neutral?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I love all his grabs they are perfection and they are something to be proud of, they've lasted the longest lol. You get punished heavily if you miss so it's best to use the grabs after Down Special.
And yeah, I thought that was the case. Seems like only Neutral was affected, should I change all the animations back to 1.5 or replace that one if possible? Like is there a specific file for the animation of Neutral?
Its inside MotionEtc, called SpecialNFire (aerial version is called SpecialAirNFire and diagonal aerial version is called SpecialAirNFireDown). Use 1.0 version since it wasn't slowed down in that version. But since there have been other things changes, its better to just use FitPitMotionEtc from version 1.0 since there have been no animation improvements.

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Its inside MotionEtc, called SpecialNFire (aerial version is called SpecialAirNFire and diagonal aerial version is called SpecialAirNFireDown). Use 1.0 version since it wasn't slowed down in that version. But since there have been other things changes, its better to just use FitPitMotionEtc from version 1.0 since there have been no animation improvements.
Thanks.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ok, so, i want to at least try to fix the glitch, but first, i need a Dolphin user for quick testing of whatever i will cook up and if it will be gone, i will release another update (v1.76).

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
I'm pretty sure the source of glitches is the down Special. I'm certain its one of the moves, and the last update was the down special so perhaps you'd look in those areas haha. Sorry Bagan.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure the source of glitches is the down Special. I'm certain its one of the moves, and the last update was the down special so perhaps you'd look in those areas haha. Sorry Bagan.
I doubt it. Code i put there would never cause issues like that - all it does is just make him go into falling state if he is in the air (which can happen only if platform below him disappears) and it was done on v1.75, not v1.5.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Let's retrace your steps then. What did you change in 1.5? 1.75?
From the changelogs:
Version 1.5:
+Replaced jab finisher with another claw swipe, which is more effective;
+All tail blade sweetspots and Neutral B firebreath now deal extra shield damage;
+Increased damage and knockback on Down Smash and now it can hit behind Ridley twice;
-But range was decreased and end lag increased;
+Slightly increased damage, range and knockback on Side Smash;
+Increased knockback on Glide Attack;
+Slightly increased knockback on Side Tilt's sweetspot and now it can be angled up and down;
+Signifficantly increased Down B Super Armor tolerance;
+Slightly buffed air jumps;
+Increased damage and knockback on Neutral B fireballs, now slightly stronger than Samus' Super Missiles;
-But Neutral B's start up was increased and fireballs' speed was decreased by 1/3rd;
+Instead of glide activation, aerial Side B is now a quick dash forward with damage and knockback close to Ganondorf's ground Down B, giving Ridley a quite effective finisher in the air;
+Increased range on FAir;
+Now DTilt has Off The Ground/OTG properties
-Slightly decreased knockback and damage and increased end lag on BAir;
-Increased end lag on UAir;
-Now glide is activated by holding B button during aerial Side B's start up, which increases its start up;
-Decreased damage on fireballs;
-Decreased knockback on Side B;
-Glide's speed reduced by 35%;
-Increased end lag on Side Tilt;
-All tail sourspots now always deal 3% damage;
-Slightly reduced grab range;
-Decreased max first jump height;
*Decreased volume on special Down Taunt;
*Improved gloss effect on model;
*Improved How to Install instructions;
*Fixed double grab bug;
*Added common5.pac and RSBE01.gct files with codes and CSPs pre-installed for those who can't do that by themselves;
*Added 3 new sound replacements - Metroid Prime Meta Ridley, Omega Ridley and SSBB Ridley voices;
*Now Ridley is a lot darker while under Down B's effect to better match the source;
*Increased time Ridley spends with Metroid capsule during one of victory animations
*All SSE attributes set to match defaul attributes with only few things buffed;
*Added ladder animations and fixed trophy stand throw state, so, now Ridley is compatible with PM's SSE with only few weird things like wrong name, wrong CSS icon and not being present in cutscenes (for obvious reasons);
*Fixed few animations and added extra GFX to few animations.
Version 1.75:
-Decreased knockback on BAir;
-Slightly decreased running speed;
-Slightly decreased damage and knockback on fireballs;
*Fixed game crashing/freezing glitch that happened when you left the match anyhow or it ended anyhow (HAHA, as if);
*Added updated RSBE01.gct file that does not messes up costumes or special team colors for characters like Dr.Mario, Ganondorf, Link, etc;
*Ridley no longer freezes in the air during Down B if platform below him disappears.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
From the changelogs:
Version 1.5:
+Replaced jab finisher with another claw swipe, which is more effective;
+All tail blade sweetspots and Neutral B firebreath now deal extra shield damage;
+Increased damage and knockback on Down Smash and now it can hit behind Ridley twice;
+Slightly increased damage, range and knockback on Side Smash;
+Increased knockback on Glide Attack;
+Slightly increased knockback on Side Tilt's sweetspot and now it can be angled up and down;
+Signifficantly increased Down B Super Armor tolerance;
+Slightly buffed air jumps;
+Increased damage and knockback on Neutral B fireballs, now slightly stronger than Samus' Super Missiles;
-But Neutral B's start up was increased and fireballs' speed was decreased by 1/3rd;
+Instead of glide activation, aerial Side B is now a quick dash forward with damage and knockback close to Ganondorf's ground Down B, giving Ridley a quite effective finisher in the air;
+Increased range on FAir;
+Now DTilt has Off The Ground/OTG properties
-Slightly decreased knockback and damage and increased end lag on BAir;
-Increased end lag on UAir;
-Now glide is activated by holding B button during aerial Side B's start up, which increases its start up;
-Decreased damage on fireballs;
-Decreased knockback on Side B;
-Glide's speed reduced by 35%;
-Increased end lag on Side Tilt;
-All tail sourspots now always deal 3% damage;
-Slightly reduced grab range;
-Decreased max first jump height;
*Decreased volume on special Down Taunt;
*Improved gloss effect on model;
*Improved How to Install instructions;
*Fixed double grab bug;
*Added common5.pac and RSBE01.gct files with codes and CSPs pre-installed for those who can't do that by themselves;
*Added 3 new sound replacements - Metroid Prime Meta Ridley, Omega Ridley and SSBB Ridley voices;
*Now Ridley is a lot darker while under Down B's effect to better match the source;
*Increased time Ridley spends with Metroid capsule during one of victory animations
*All SSE attributes set to match defaul attributes with only few things buffed;
*Added ladder animations and fixed trophy stand throw state, so, now Ridley is compatible with PM's SSE with only few weird things like wrong name, wrong CSS icon and not being present in cutscenes (for obvious reasons);
*Fixed few animations and added extra GFX to few animations.
Version 1.75:
-Decreased knockback on BAir;
-Slightly decreased running speed;
-Slightly decreased damage and knockback on fireballs;
*Fixed game crashing/freezing glitch that happened when you left the match anyhow or it ended anyhow (HAHA, as if);
*Added updated RSBE01.gct file that does not messes up costumes or special team colors for characters like Dr.Mario, Ganondorf, Link, etc;
*Ridley no longer freezes in the air during Down B if platform below him disappears.
Allow me to say this all sound so good, it'll take me a few minutes to give an educated guess on what it is.
:edit:
My only guess is the down special, but even then I cannot say its that because I would from reading this presume everything would work smoothly. Ah, I am of no use at the moment.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Probably something about GFX files again. Re-importing them (you won't be able to do it since its located in FitPit.pac and not somewhere among the files) did fixed this glitch before v1.0, so, it may work this time too.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Probably something about GFX files again. Re-importing them (you won't be able to do it since its located in FitPit.pac and not somewhere among the files) did fixed this glitch before v1.0, so, it may work this time too.
I hope your right.
I'll be your test dummy Wii wise.

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Hi, I made this video yesterday where I tested out 1.75 and here is how things turned out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk_ySpxrCDg I am still a beginner with playing Project M, so if you're wondering why I didn't wavedash or l-cancel or anything like that, it's because I don't know how to. Feel free to pick apart the video for anything that might have caused the crash at the end.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Well, then try this: http://www.4shared.com/rar/uFW7bIOpba/Attempt_1.html Had to use 4shared unfortunately. If it won't work, then i will need someone who uses Dolphin with the virtual SD instead of Iso Builder since its faster that way and i will try a lot of different ways to fix it.
Ew 4shared.
Alright going to test this out when I get back home.
(At the hospital unfortunately, seeing if I have lymphatic cancer)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Hi, I made this video yesterday where I tested out 1.75 and here is how things turned out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk_ySpxrCDg I am still a beginner with playing Project M, so if you're wondering why I didn't wavedash or l-cancel or anything like that, it's because I don't know how to. Feel free to pick apart the video for anything that might have caused the crash at the end.
I don't use those either (i know how to, but its useless for me), so, thats ok. Will look up that video.
Ew 4shared.
Alright going to test this out when I get back home.
(At the hospital unfortunately, seeing if I have lymphatic cancer)
Yeah. Dropbox is better.
Well, thats just horrible if its there.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I doubt it lol. Would be funny to me if it was.
On topic, what exactly was changed with this file, for the record?
I re-imported all GFX as i did before to fix that crashing glitch that has been reported before FrameZeroGaming's stream and slightly reduced file size of both files included (FitPit and FitPitMotionEtc).

Top Bottom