• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
You know what? Time for a learning experience for me.
Mind telling me what programs you used to make Ridley?
I'd recommend going here then: http://forums.kc-mm.com/
I used BrawlBox for animations, vertex editing, texture importing, etc. Pretty much everything related to model except for its polygons, normals and size. I also used BrawlBox v0.68b (future versions disable this feature) for moveset editing and it was the hardest part. For replacing sounds, i used super sawnds and sawnds. Its simple once you learn basics, but still can be a pain in the...hand to do. Thats all.
So I was testing & trying out some more stuff with this mod for the first time, and noticed the last 5 alt colors appear differently in-game than when I see 'em on the character select screen. I believe others said they had encountered it before, but was there something posted to download that fixed that? I forget. Sorry if it was already brought up before.
You messed something up then. Im uploading v1.75 now, so, after its done, just reinstall him by importing codes and projectm folders in the archive into your sd card so they would merge with currently existing folders.
Is this mod a simple copy and paste deal? Or is there more to it?
Yes. Wait a bit for next update though since it fixed a very important glitch.

So, i tried using SSB4 textures. They all fit except for wing and head textures:

...yeah...And somehow, their resolution is lower than Other M textures'. Like 3x lower. Recolor on the image won't be included until head textures will be fixed.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
You messed something up then. Im uploading v1.75 now, so, after its done, just reinstall him by importing codes and projectm folders in the archive into your sd card so they would merge with currently existing folders.
Hm... Alright, suppose I should just wait for that then. Would try to get to the bottom of the alt color problem in the meantime in an attempt to figure out what I did wrong, but afraid I would just mess things up for myself even more. D: At least it's not a game-crashing thing I inadvertently caused.

As for the SSB4 alt, huh.. Not too shabby. Still not really a fan of that color on his chest though, but it's okay as a whole when textured right...

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
I used BrawlBox for animations, vertex editing, texture importing, etc. Pretty much everything related to model except for its polygons, normals and size. I also used BrawlBox v0.68b (future versions disable this feature) for moveset editing and it was the hardest part. For replacing sounds, i used super sawnds and sawnds. Its simple once you learn basics, but still can be a pain in the...hand to do. Thats all.

So, i tried using SSB4 textures. They all fit except for wing and head textures:

...yeah...And somehow, their resolution is lower than Other M textures'. Like 3x lower. Recolor on the image won't be included until head textures will be fixed.
Thanks I will master this in a weeks given time, I have lots of freetime anyways.
Future versions than the one you linked or the one you used? If the former, don't update right?
Lol his chest looks raw.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Thanks I will master this in a weeks given time, I have lots of freetime anyways.
Future versions than the one you linked or the one you used? If the former, don't update right?
Lol his chest looks raw.
I didn't linked program. You can't update those before v0.74. You must have 2 versions of BrawlBox - one for moveset (0.68b) and one for everything else (any version including and after 0.71). And a small tip for animations - pose at least most of character's parts at least every 5 frames and don't get lazy on those. I know many take real s***y animations in those badly done mods like that Sephiroth, Cloud or anything done by jrush64, but those who really care won't enjoy such thing.

Last edited:

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman

Yes. Wait a bit for next update though since it fixed a very important glitch.

Wow, I can literally SEE the pixelation in his wings from this texture! I think it goes to show that you did better with Ridley than his "boss" appearance in Smash 4. Also, will there be a download link for a hackless version of this mod?

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Er...I don't know the difference between hackless and homebrew versions of PM and how their files are arranged, so...I don't know.
To my understanding, the main difference is that one requires you to mod your Wii while the other can just be used through a blank SD card without altering the system itself. Not sure if that was helpful or not, but that's all I got.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
I didn't linked program. You can't update those before v0.74. You must have 2 versions of BrawlBox - one for moveset (0.68b) and one for everything else (any version including and after 0.71). And a small tip for animations - pose at least most of character's parts at least every 5 frames and don't get lazy on those. I know many take real s***y animations in those badly done mods like that Sephiroth, Cloud or anything done by jrush64, but those who really care won't enjoy such thing.
Y-yessir!
Ah thought the link was the program before looking at it. Hasty me.
And noted. Going to fiddle around for now.
What's something good to test it on...

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ookay... I think I got it properly installed. The alt color problem I had before isn't present anymore, and saw some of the mentioned changes like him being darker when using the down special now, so I guess that's a good sign. I still do nothing with the images in the CSP folder though right? Or the ones in the Stocks folder? Because I really don't know where to put them on my SD card.

Went with the Meta-Ridley SFX out of preference, at any rate.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Ookay... I think I got it properly installed. The alt color problem I had before isn't present anymore, and saw some of the mentioned changes like him being darker when using the down special now, so I guess that's a good sign. I still do nothing with the images in the CSP folder though right? Or the ones in the Stocks folder? Because I really don't know where to put them on my SD card.

I think those are just for show, I've operated without using them.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Okay, so, I'm still getting the "GAME!" freeze, even with 1.75.

Besides that, though, I have to state how great everything's looking. Ridley's animations seem a lot smoother and more natural, and the tweaks have gone a long way to make him feel more at home in the roster.

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Okay, so, I'm still getting the "GAME!" freeze, even with 1.75.

Besides that, though, I have to state how great everything's looking. Ridley's animations seem a lot smoother and more natural, and the tweaks have gone a long way to make him feel more at home in the roster.
Seems the better he gets the more consequence to the game. Haha do not fret it'll be fixed by Bagan sometime (hope he doesn't choke on stress).

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Found a fix for 1.75 crashing: redownload Pytor's gct and it should work again. Seriously it that's simple. :)
Edit: redownloading the original pytor gct has a crash with a 4 way ridley diddo. So far the crashes do not happen on team battles with four ridleys it seems...

To help cheer up the mood, here's something I whipped up to help with some stuff:

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Just did a versus stock match as a test (without redownloading Pytor's gct) and I didn't get any freezes at the end.. Maybe y'all did something wrong somewhere, or I was just one of the lucky ones... Hope it stays that way for me, in any case.

May test more things with it after I get home from work tomorrow just to be sure there's no freezes on my end.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
To my understanding, the main difference is that one requires you to mod your Wii while the other can just be used through a blank SD card without altering the system itself. Not sure if that was helpful or not, but that's all I got.
I think such mods work for both versions.
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros would it be possible for you to also make an omega ridley alt??
I would like to, but i can't do it by myself and even then, it will require some noticable changes to the model like longer arms, smaller wings and probably shorter neck.
Oh with this update it should take care of which glitches?
Yes
Is there a changelog for this update?
VERY small one:
*(Hopefully) fixed crashing glitch (i tested myself on both versus and normal - it all went just fine);
*Added PyotrLuzhin's RSBE01.gct file, which does not messes up anyone's costumes like it did with my version;
-Reduced BAir's knockback;
-Slightly reduced running speed;
-Slightly reduced fireball damage;
-Fixed Down B freezing Ridley in the air glitch.
Thats it. At least those bug fixes worked for me with both Iso Builder and virtual SD ways.

You don't need to use CSP folder nor Stocks folder. Those are for those who knows enough about Brawl modding to manually import them for their own custom build.
Found a fix for 1.75 crashing: redownload Pytor's gct and it should work again. Seriously it that's simple. :)
Edit: redownloading the original pytor gct has a crash with a 4 way ridley diddo. So far the crashes do not happen on team battles with four ridleys it seems...

To help cheer up the mood, here's something I whipped up to help with some stuff:
Thanks. Will use K.Rool's name once time will come.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Just did a versus stock match as a test (without redownloading Pytor's gct) and I didn't get any freezes at the end.. Maybe y'all did something wrong somewhere, or I was just one of the lucky ones... Hope it stays that way for me, in any case.

May test more things with it after I get home from work tomorrow just to be sure there's no freezes on my end.
I've had varying results, but never a single match where Ridley has won without freezing.

1. Purposeful suicide to test Ridley losing. -- No freeze.

2. Win a match. -- Freeze.

3. End a match prematurely. -- Freeze.

4. End a Training session. -- Freeze.

5. Lose on purpose again. -- Freeze.

So really, I have no idea what's wrong.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I've had varying results, but never a single match where Ridley has won without freezing.

1. Purposeful suicide to test Ridley losing. -- No freeze.

2. Win a match. -- Freeze.

3. End a match prematurely. -- Freeze.

4. End a Training session. -- Freeze.

5. Lose on purpose again. -- Freeze.

So really, I have no idea what's wrong.
How did you installed him?

seamus92

Smash Rookie
Having a freeze after winning a match everytime, I'm not sure if I installed him correctly. All I did was copy/paste codes and project m folder into a vanilla version of PM.
Also this mod is hella fun! You did a great job with Ridley dude.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Having a freeze after winning a match everytime, I'm not sure if I installed him correctly. All I did was copy/paste codes and project m folder into a vanilla version of PM.
Also this mod is hella fun! You did a great job with Ridley dude.
Weird. I don't get such issues.

Thats a bad thing since i won't know was it fixed or not in case i'll try to fix it. I can prove that it works for me, but its gonna take a while to upload video. BUT thats not a real Wii, so, that may be the reason.

Last edited:

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
Still crashes for Dolphin.

On another note I wanted to say that the balancing changes slowly make him seem like an official character since it looks like he really fits into the environment, despite his size.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Still crashes for Dolphin.

On another note I wanted to say that the balancing changes slowly make him seem like an official character since it looks like he really fits into the environment, despite his size.
Thats really weird. I just export files from my iso builder folder and put them into archive, so, it should be exactly like it is for me. I need someone else to see whats wrong then.

Last edited:

jemuelv906

Smash Rookie
This looks pretty sweet, can this be rigged to a charizard texture? or is it specifically made to replace pit. Reason i ask, is for now i'd like to use the models as a charizard costume, while i play with the clone engine of brawl ex and project m.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
This looks pretty sweet, can this be rigged to a charizard texture? or is it specifically made to replace pit. Reason i ask, is for now i'd like to use the models as a charizard costume, while i play with the clone engine of brawl ex and project m.
No. Even more so, it can't be used as a costume for ANY character. You can either use model with the moveset replacing Pit (or soon other characters except for characters like PT's pokemons, Samus, ZSS, Zelda, etc.) or nothing at all. No other way. If someone would dare to rig that model to Charizard and ruin everything, then it would be, but without the moveset and it would look horrible.

Last edited:

jemuelv906

Smash Rookie
No. Even more so, it can't be used as a costume for ANY character. You can either use model with the moveset replacing Pit (or soon other characters except for characters like PT's pokemons, Samus, ZSS, Zelda, etc.) or nothing at all. No other way. If someone would dare to rig that model to Charizard and ruin everything, then it would be, but without the moveset and it would look horrible.
ok kool, thanks for your hard work

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Don't know the defenitive answer yet. I and Ridley_Prime got it all working just fine. Warzenschwein, UltimateWario and seamus92 have crashes.
Maybe it's only crashing on actual Wiis and works just fine on Dolphin? IDK, just giving my 2 cents on this.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Maybe it's only crashing on actual Wiis and works just fine on Dolphin? IDK, just giving my 2 cents on this.
Maybe. If thats the case here, then...don't expect freezing/crashing fix to come from me. Not happy about that either.

I won't try using the ol' fashioned trial-and-error way of fixing things since there is no way to know was it successful or not for me.

Last edited:

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
Hm, tested again...

Could exit Training and play 1 match but it crashed after the second one.

On my second attempt I tried to exit the first match and then it crashed.

UltimateHylian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yorch2296
3DS FC
1650-2285-2395
I also get the crash after "GAME" on mi Wii :/ On the other hand, the new updates are great improvement. And I also prefer the Prime sfx better :D

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
I can't even see what has been changed since the game locks up on the stage builder. I can't even access Project M to see how Ridley fares!

Top Bottom