• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial List of Character Themes

TKOWL

Smash Apprentice
An aspect that I like from other fighting games is the concept of every character having their own themes for them, like Ryu having his iconic theme attached to him in every fighter he's attached to and how music was made up for most all the Marvel characters in UMvC3. Smash Ultimate kinda has this going with some characters such as with K. Rool and the aforementioned Ryu, but it's very vague in some aspects, with characters having different themes playing in their unlock fights, their credits, their World of Light battles, and their website trailers, and I wanted to create a more concrete list. Here, I went through each of the characters (and their themes from other games in the series like Melee and Brawl's credits), and documented what I feel is the most iconic music to them, what can definitely be attributed as their true themes:

:ultmario: - Jump Up, Super Star!
:ultdk: - Jungle Level (Jazz Style)
:ultlink: - Main Theme (Breath of the Wild)
:ultsamus: - Title Theme (Metroid)
:ultdarksamus: - Multiplayer (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
:ultyoshi: - Yoshi's Tale
:ultkirby: - Staff Credits (Kirby's Dream Land)
:ultfox: - Star Fox Medley
:ultpikachu: - Road to Viridian City
:ultluigi: - Luigi's Mansion Theme
:ultness: - Bein' Friend
:ultfalcon: -
F-ZERO Medley
:ultjigglypuff:- Pokemon Center
:ultpeach: - Slide
:ultdaisy: -
Mario Tennis / Mario Golf
:ultbowser: - King Bowser
:ulticeclimbers: -
Ice Climber
:ultsheik: - Gerudo Valley
:ultzelda: - Ocarina of Time Medley
:ultdoc: - Fever
:ultpichu: - Pokemon Gold & Silver Medley
:ultfalco: - Main Theme (Star Fox 64)
:ultmarth: - Story 5 Meeting
:ultlucina: -
Destiny (Ablaze)
:ultyounglink:- Termina Field
:ultganondorf:- Death Mountain
:ultmewtwo: - Victory Road
:ultroy:- Beyond Distant Skies - Roy's Departure
:ultchrom:- Id (Purpose)
:ultgnw: - Flat Zone 2
:ultmetaknight:- Meta Knight's Revenge
:ultpit: - Underworld
:ultdarkpit:- Dark Pit's Theme
:ultzss:- Theme of Samus Aran, Space Warrior
:ultwario: - Warioware, Inc.
:ultsnake: - Encounter
:ultike: - Eternal Bond
:ultpokemontrainer: - Main Theme (Pokemon Red & Blue)
:ultdiddy: - Stickerbush Symphony
:ultlucas: -
Mother 3 Love Theme
:ultsonic: - Live & Learn
:ultkingdedede: -
King Dedede's Theme
:ultolimar: -
Pikmin Main Theme
:ultlucario: - Battle! Team Galactic
:ultrob: - Stack-Up/Gyromite
:ulttoonlink: -
The Great Sea/Menu Select
:ultwolf:- Star Wolf
:ultvillager:- Title Theme (Animal Crossing)
:ultmegaman: - Mega Man 2 Medley
:ultwiifittrainer: - Main Menu (Wii Fit)
:ultrosalina: - Egg Planet
:ultlittlemac: - Jogging/Countdown
:ultgreninja:- Battle! Trainer (Pokemon X and Y)
:ultbrawler: - Title Screen (Wii Sports)
:ultswordfighter: - Find Mii / Find Mii II Medley
:ultgunner: -
Light Plane
:ultpalutena: - Destroyed Skyworld
:ultpacman: - PAC-MAN'S PARK / BLOCK TOWN
:ultrobin: -
Prelude (Ablaze)
:ultshulk: - Xenoblade Chronicles Medley
:ultbowserjr: - Delfino Plaza
:ultduckhunt: - Duck Hunt Medley
:ultryu: -
Ryu Stage
:ultken: - Ken Stage
:ultcloud: - Fight On!
:ultcorrin: - Lost In Thoughts All Alone
:ultbayonetta: - Tomorrow Is Mine
:ultinkling: - Bomb Rush Blush
:ultridley: - Vs. Ridley
:ultsimon: - Vampire Killer
:ultrichter: -
Divine Bloodlines
:ultkrool: - Gang-Plank Galleon
:ultisabelle: - Plaza / Title Theme
:ultincineroar: - The Battle at the Summit!
:ultpiranha: - Underground Theme

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Cool, but you may want to double-check your URLs. Bowser's seems to be broken.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
First off, as a mobile user, thank you for using links instead of embedding all the songs lol.

Other than that, Robin should definitely get Id - Purpose over Chrom. In Awakening, all of the Id variants were used as Robin's theme, being a recurring leitmotif throughout the game. The big issue is...the song that I think most relates to Chrom isn't in Ultimate, and that's Divine Decree (as that theme plays in the chapters where you fight two of Chrom's arc villains, Gangrel and Walhart, as well as the Heroes story chapter that introduced Exalted Knight Chrom).

Though if you're just sticking to songs in Ultimate, I'd give Chrom Prelude while Robin gets Id - Purpose.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
First off, as a mobile user, thank you for using links instead of embedding all the songs lol.

Other than that, Robin should definitely get Id - Purpose over Chrom. In Awakening, all of the Id variants were used as Robin's theme, being a recurring leitmotif throughout the game. The big issue is...the song that I think most relates to Chrom isn't in Ultimate, and that's Divine Decree (as that theme plays in the chapters where you fight two of Chrom's arc villains, Gangrel and Walhart, as well as the Heroes story chapter that introduced Exalted Knight Chrom).

Though if you're just sticking to songs in Ultimate, I'd give Chrom Prelude while Robin gets Id - Purpose.
I think what the TC is going for is the songs assigned to the characters by material actually in or around the game.

Kairyu24

Smash Cadet
Most of them are alright picks with the music options provided, but Chrom and ID(purpose)? That's literally the endgame variation of Robin's theme.

TKOWL

Smash Apprentice
Most of them are alright picks with the music options provided, but Chrom and ID(purpose)? That's literally the endgame variation of Robin's theme.
Chrom already uses Id (Purpose) for his classic mode credits, the WoL fight, and all of his trailers, while Robin uses Prelude for his World of Light fight

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Chrom already uses Id (Purpose) for his classic mode credits, the WoL fight, and all of his trailers, while Robin uses Prelude for his World of Light fight
And Dark Samus has the Brinstar Depths remix in her Reveal, Parasite Queen remix for her website video, and Multiplayer as her credits theme yet none of them could be considered her theme since she already has her own theme in the Prime games (a theme which isn't in Ultimate for reasons I can only assume to be why Retro Games stuff got the shaft in Ultimate)

osby

Smash Obsessed
I feel like "Theme of Bayonetta - Mysterious Destiny" or "Let's Hit the Climax" would fit :ultbayonetta: better.

Top Bottom