• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Kirby impressions

pukanecklace89

Smash Rookie
I made this thred as a place where you can just spill your impressions on Kirby. His moveset, FS, transition from melee to brawl. Anything!

Looper

Smash Journeyman
I made this thred as a place where you can just spill your impressions on Kirby. His moveset, FS, transition from melee to brawl. Anything!
the game isn't even released yet, except by the few elitists who import it from japan so they can tell everyone on the internets they got brawl early

JFunk

Smash Rookie
I like Kirbys new moveset, it seems that he got buffed from Melee big time. Plus his running A isnt that gay comet lol.

Shuyin

Smash Cadet
Down B definitely got buffed. It killed Diddy at 80%. That's pretty low when characters living to 160% is normal.

kenja0

Smash Apprentice
I like elitism. It's funny because they let others know how cool they seem but aren't since they took an extra step to be noticed simply because they are losers who aren't noticed in the world otherwise and result to this rather than becoming an hero.

btw, my friend owns the game so I got some insight I could share ;D Kirby = fast

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Look forward to my in-depth, full report on Kirby soon. ^___^

Edit:
I've held off writing anything because I want to make sure to do a lot of research and make the thread really, really informative. I'll begin work on it soon, so expect it in the next few days.

Chexr

Smash Ace
Kirby is godly we had some matches recorded at a tournament today hopefully they'll be uploaded soon.

Kirby Kommander

Smash Rookie
kirby is really good. i am already playing the game and i can say that i am very impressed with what they did with him. he is alot better. he is no longer in his melee sucking days :)

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Kirby seems to have been vastly improved over his melee counterpart from what I played of him over the weekend. He has larger hitboxes with more hit frames than before, and attacks seem to flow naturally into each other. His all-around movement/attack speed has been increased, and his DI is much more effective, making his Bair spam really good.

Kirby also, as a strange thing in brawl, has a reliable kill move (F-smash) with good range, speed, priority, etc. For me it killed around 120% usually, which is pretty amazing by Brawl standards. Nair seemed to combo into the f-smash fluidly.

Overall I'd say he's looking to be about upperish-mid-tier, which is pretty impressive considering how he was in melee.

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
Down B definitely got buffed. It killed Diddy at 80%. That's pretty low when characters living to 160% is normal.
its buff was more in its speed than its power. his air specials were buffed as well. side b is more powerful than it was in melee in the air

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Kirby countering the spacies? Maybe it's not far off. Kirby has the Reaper Combo, he can SHDL better than any of them now, he can take more punishment (Fox is the easiest to KO out of the starting 21; he's the worst jumper out of the lightweights), and Shine has startup lag now and is no match for Kirby's Aerial Hammer. Even though Falco can throw his, Kirby can just dodge it and keep on jumping.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Kirby countering the spacies? Maybe it's not far off. Kirby has the Reaper Combo, he can SHDL better than any of them now, he can take more punishment (Fox is the easiest to KO out of the starting 21; he's the worst jumper out of the lightweights), and Shine has startup lag now and is no match for Kirby's Aerial Hammer. Even though Falco can throw his, Kirby can just dodge it and keep on jumping.
This makes me really happy ^_^

Riakou

Smash Apprentice
kirby needs a better FS, something like... Super Star Kirby idk....... but cook kirby? strong but idk where it came from... not that it matters... atleast meta knight is not a clone of kirby ^^

Top Bottom