• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unlocking Sonic

bAkA*

Smash Rookie
Whats the fastest way to unlock sonic? o-o

300 1 Hit KO vs matches

or

Going throught SSE?

How long (estimate) would it take to beat SSE?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Whats the fastest way to unlock sonic? o-o

300 1 Hit KO vs matches

or

Going throught SSE?

How long (estimate) would it take to beat SSE?
300 matches is MUCH faster.

Doing 450 matches to get to Wolf is MUCH faster than SSE.

SSE will take about 10-12 hours from what I have heard.

Playing 450 matches of 1 stock, just SDing at the start (or playing stamina with only 1 hp and having lipstick on) will take about 2 hours. Although it will get repetitive and very boring, but if what you want is speed, thats the way to go

Tristan Darkshade

Smash Cadet
I still think the ten classic mode thing isn't a method of unlocking and that whoever did that fulfilled the running requirement in ten classic runs.

Running method's the quickest one. Just run around on final destination a bit (10-15 minutes perhaps, maybe more people will help, I dunno) and you'll get him early.

bAkA*

Smash Rookie
so use ten characters in classic mode and when vsing the master hand just run around for 10-15min? for each char?

bAkA*

Smash Rookie
just to make sure again ok so you play 10 classic mode times with different characters, then create a match in FD and run around for 10-15min and sonic will challenge you?

Suna

Smash Journeyman
just to make sure again ok so you play 10 classic mode times with different characters, then create a match in FD and run around for 10-15min and sonic will challenge you?
no, don't have to do 10 classic,Just buy the game go home make a Match on FD and run back and fourth for about 10-15 mins.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
It's been verified. I was playing the other day and about 3 matches after unlocking Ganondorf (200 matches), Sonic appeared. I was liek WTF!!!!!!11!!11one!!

Union Carbine

Smash Rookie
When I make the match, can it be any sort of match (ex. 2 player) or does it have to be against the CPU? Also, I assume that I need to make sure the match length is more than 15 minutes long, correct? Or am I missing something?

EDIT: Nevermind, I finished up adventure mode and got him that way. :)

Grayfox43

Smash Cadet
It doesn't matter what type of a match you are in, all that matters is that your characters are running around.

I got to unlock Sonic after playing only like 40 matches, and I didn't even do it on purpose.

It'll probably work faster if you have 4 people running around. I was playing with 3 other friends and we unlocked Sonic easily. (without even trying)

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
It's true, but it's more than 15 minutes. We ran a **** load on FD-- and finally unlocked him after a bit, but you'll probably have to go about 30 minutes before anything.

null84

Smash Cadet
It's true, but it's more than 15 minutes. We ran a **** load on FD-- and finally unlocked him after a bit, but you'll probably have to go about 30 minutes before anything.
30 mins boring running like a fool... i rather do classic on easy mode 10 times.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Id rather just play SSE, it makes the most sence in my opinion, you're going to play it eventually anyway, so before people spent to much time running on one stage for 15 minutes or playing classic mode 20 times, juyst start SSE

Union Carbine

Smash Rookie
Id rather just play SSE, it makes the most sence in my opinion, you're going to play it eventually anyway, so before people spent to much time running on one stage for 15 minutes or playing classic mode 20 times, juyst start SSE
Yeah, I saw I was close to finishing it so I decided to wrap it up rather than run back and forth for 15 minutes. All told, it took me a touch under nine hours from beginning to end. I'm a Smash Bros. noob so I'm sure an experienced player can finish it faster than that.

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
I got Sonic after playing like 56 5:00 brawls w/ 4 people. It wasn't intentional either. He just appeared while we having fun. Was it the running distance thing? All of the gaming sites don't have the running speed cheat listed as a way to unlock him.

DroxSorcerer

Smash Cadet
Completing classic mode with 10char. *bricked*

I did that in about 2 hours. Not nearly as boring as running.

mark.

Smash Journeyman
300 matches is MUCH faster.

Doing 450 matches to get to Wolf is MUCH faster than SSE.

SSE will take about 10-12 hours from what I have heard.

Playing 450 matches of 1 stock, just SDing at the start (or playing stamina with only 1 hp and having lipstick on) will take about 2 hours. Although it will get repetitive and very boring, but if what you want is speed, thats the way to go
are y'sure?
i did it in about 6-7 hours, two people. and you're going to have to do it sometime anyway.

Hillary

Smash Apprentice
2 of my friends and I played brawl for about 5 hours just doing matches and suddenly sonic popped up and we didn't know why. I guess this answers the question.

J18

Smash Journeyman
ok i don't know what i'm doing wrong with the running thing cuz i've been running around for near 45 minutes with two foxes, and no luck

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Yeah I unlocked sonic after playing only 80 matches. I wasnt sure what condition I met, it kinda suprized me.

Top Bottom