• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unlocking Characters in Brawl

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Though I am sure there are different ways to do it I unlocked the characters as follows. First I did SSE. It took me 6 hours to complete on Normal. But you could do it on easy and still unlock characters. They come in this order. Marth, Falco, Captain Falcon, Lucario, Snake, Game n watch, ROB, Ness, Luigi, Gannondorf and Sonic. Each characters arrival is worked in to the story.

Next I unlocked Jigglypuff by clearing #8 in Event Mode. He challenges you after that and you have to defeat him. As for Toon Link he challenges you after you beat Classic mode with Link. I still havent gotten Wolf unfortunately. If anyone knows how he is unlocked it would be appreciated.

jtrov

Smash Cadet
Though I am sure there are different ways to do it I unlocked the characters as follows. First I did SSE. It took me 6 hours to complete on Normal. But you could do it on easy and still unlock characters. They come in this order. Marth, Falco, Captain Falcon, Lucario, Snake, Game n watch, ROB, Ness, Luigi, Gannondorf and Sonic. Each characters arrival is worked in to the story.

Next I unlocked Jigglypuff by clearing #8 in Event Mode. He challenges you after that and you have to defeat him. As for Toon Link he challenges you after you beat Classic mode with Link. I still havent gotten Wolf unfortunately. If anyone knows how he is unlocked it would be appreciated.
How far into SSE is Sonic, because I believe I'm at the end of it, yet I haven't come across him at all. I'm at the part where you go through the levels all over again defeating shadow versions of each character and Bosses. :confused:

Lawke

Smash Cadet
How far into SSE is Sonic, because I believe I'm at the end of it, yet I haven't come across him at all. I'm at the part where you go through the levels all over again defeating shadow versions of each character and Bosses. :confused:
you use Sonic to fight the final boss, cant remember his name. Hes the blue jello looking guy.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
You get sonic right before fighting Taboo the final boss in SSE. If you defeat enough shadows it will show the remain ones locations on your map.

PJGAMER

Smash Cadet
I was wondering how long does it take to unlock Marth? Also how is Toon Link? I am curios.

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai said a majority of characters will be unlocked in SSE....however it looks like he made 2 or 3 ways to unlock every character. Pointless.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Sakurai said a majority of characters will be unlocked in SSE....however it looks like he made 2 or 3 ways to unlock every character. Pointless.
How is that pointless? You have optional ways to unlocking these characters. Just like in Melee. If you battle more than you play SSE, you can unlock ____ character after 100 battles, or through SSE.

jtrov

Smash Cadet
You get sonic right before fighting Taboo the final boss in SSE. If you defeat enough shadows it will show the remain ones locations on your map.
Woot thanks. I actually stopped playing SSE last night because I was beginning to think Sonic wasn't unlocked through SSE. Thanks for the quick response guys.:)

Starscream

Smash Ace
Wolf is unlocked in a secret room in SSE apparently. There is a level where you're on a platform that takes you down and there are spikes coming out of the walls that you need to avoid. Part way down there is a door that most people will probably take without realizing that if you go down more then you'll find another door. Wolf awaits you inside. He gets an introductory cut scene and the his name plastered in front of the screen but I don't if he has an actual role in the story.

Top Bottom