• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unlocking 100%

Steerclear

Smash Cadet
How difficult is it (on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the hardest) is it to unlock all levels, events, etc?

The one thing I am most worried about is my complete inability to unlock everything because, well, I'm just not that great at this game. I have never beaten most of the Events in Melee (and 51, the closest I've gotten is 2 lives left on both Mewtwo and Ganondorf). [Try to keep the flames down, I know I'm not good.]

I just don't want to waste countless hours banging my head against the wall over one event like I had to in Melee. I ended up borrowing my friend's memory card just so I could get battlefied. :)

SO, for anyone who has unlocked MOST of what's in the game, HOW HARD IS IT?

LUwEEdGI

Smash Rookie
not very hard, there is multiple ways also. I have all characters and stages but I am only 92% finished in SSE so i dont know. has anyone done 100% in SSE?

GamerdudeAT

Smash Apprentice
Maybe you should try it yourself instead of asking someone to figure it out for you. What's really the point of playing the game yourself if you do that?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
You can't even really be sure if ANYONE has unlocked everything (including trophies and stickers and music)

Steerclear

Smash Cadet
Maybe you should try it yourself instead of asking someone to figure it out for you. What's really the point of playing the game yourself if you do that?
Whoa, I plan to homey, calm yourself.

I was just wondering, since I can't really afford to buy the Japanese version and then the American version as well. Obviously, if I were able to get my hands on Brawl, I would test it out...but hey, thanks for that...

Besides, I wasn't asking HOW to unlock stuff, I was asking how HARD it was. C'mon, dude. Read closer.

EDIT: Kackame, I was referring only to levels and characters. =) The trophies and stickers will come with time, but those don't affect gameplay like not having Final Destination does for most.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Im sure you will be able to unlock all the things you want.

But I think you should try to beat the events in melee before brawl comes out... its just one of those things to check off.

Snoopfrogg

Smash Cadet

oh wait, we can't cause you know like, it's not released in the US

Steerclear

Smash Cadet
Im sure you will be able to unlock all the things you want.

But I think you should try to beat the events in melee before brawl comes out... its just one of those things to check off.
I have actually been trying that for a while now. Off and on for a couple weeks. I'll spend a few minutes here and there just plowing through some easy ones and then hours stuck on the hard ones. I will never be pro at this rate. =) *Chuckles* But hey, the game's about fun, and I can still have that with my friends.

Tyros

Smash Cadet
Stages and Characters? Probably something like a 4.
Everything that exists in the game?
I'd probably agree with XACE-K above me.

- Tyros

ConeZone

Smash Ace
have you tried using jigglypuff to beat event 51, just use the rest move on giga bowser and then it shouldn't be too difficult

jay~B

Smash Journeyman
Hey go easy on yourself, its a complicated game. Thats how i started out when i got melee. I recommend that you go to training mode and knock the cpu senseless while he just ''stands'' there, then try some combo's out little by little until you get them right. Try to just play as one character though you might get confused, and especially train using your B-up technique to survive. After you begin to get better make the cpu fight, then as time passes add on another and another until you know how to take them all at once. Then go to versus mode and put the cpu level at an easy start, lets say 6. If you know you can beat a Level 6 cpu then move on to 7 and 8, etc.. Soon after you know you can take level 9 cpu's then add some more and put them on a team. One of the most important things about melee is use variety, never try to use the same techinque's repeatedly, then you get exposed and you get vulnerable.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
How difficult is it (on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the hardest) is it to unlock all levels, events, etc?

The one thing I am most worried about is my complete inability to unlock everything because, well, I'm just not that great at this game. I have never beaten most of the Events in Melee (and 51, the closest I've gotten is 2 lives left on both Mewtwo and Ganondorf). [Try to keep the flames down, I know I'm not good.]

I just don't want to waste countless hours banging my head against the wall over one event like I had to in Melee. I ended up borrowing my friend's memory card just so I could get battlefied. :)

SO, for anyone who has unlocked MOST of what's in the game, HOW HARD IS IT?
You su-...erm, sorry.

My friend finished ALMOST everything in a few days. It shouldn't be very hard.

Top Bottom