• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UndrDog's Wolf Matches

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=ABFA7DD74754F30C

A link to my play-list. Keep in mind that Wolf is a secondary character for me. At least for now. I main Pit so getting better with Wolf might be a good idea so that I can add some diversity to my play-style.

My issue with Wolf is I feel better playing him if I don't think about what I'm doing. With Pit I'm continuously trying to stay several steps ahead of my opponent. But when I play Wolf I just want to go wild on people and simply attack with whatever I feel will hit. I'unno, sounds odd but I like doing it this way.

This all being said, I'd like some criticism, while at the same time keeping in mind that my feral playing style with Wolf is intended and probably won't change very much.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Alright. I watched matches 11, 10, 9, and 8. Not too bad, but you could definitely use some improvement from what I can see.

Quite a few characters have poor aerial games when it comes to attacking below them. You must take advantage of this with Wolf's Uair. Characters that come to mind are Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Samus, and Bowser. Characters like Toon Link or Ike you don't want to try to Uair juggle that much.

I'd recommend practicing Full Hop Double Uairs (FHDU) and Double Jump Triple Uair (DBJU). Those will really enhance your Uair combos. Practicing those will teach you how long they will last, when you can use them, etc.

I'd also say cut back on the Fair... a lot. The Fair is more of a killing move or an ender to a Uair juggle. It incurs way too much lag if you land while still doing the attack.

I liked the period laser spam. Maybe try to do it a lot more.

I also think there is a terrible lack of Bair in your game. Bair is like... Wolf's best move practically. Spam spam spam. Wolf Wall (WW) it up.

And lastly... don't Up B or Illusion onto the stage. In match 8 you Up Bed onto the stage like... 3 three times in a row and got punished each time for it. I know it is scary, but try and go for the ledge. You won't get as pwned (assuming you can angle your up b accordingly).

That's all I have to say.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
how about some matches with other charaters and not just samus
I live in an area with a low concentration of Smash players. And I can't tell my opponent who to play. Besides, sticking to one character is a good thing in his case. I probably shouldn't be playing as Wolf as much as I do.

As for your advice Kashakunaki I'll keep it in mind. I use the Bair quite a lot. Must've been bad luck on the matches you watched. And Wolf seems to get turned around in certain situations that I'm not use to. Meaning I think I'm going to do a Bair and it's a Fair. This occurs mostly after a Back Throw.

I'm learning new ways to recover. I've been pampered with Pit as my main so I'll have to take the time to practice different recoveries.

I realized the Uair's potential in those situations however I know my opponent well and he can utilize Samus' air game very well. Samus has a very good air game if people'd take the time to learn it. The Dair has insane range and priority.

I'll keep all of what you said in mind. I doubt I'll play Wolf competitively though. He's fun but I don't feel I personally can take him as far as some other characters.

Top Bottom